Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rob Gronkowski

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Yes it is. In the last 5 games he played excluding Houston because he got hurt he has caught 8 tds.

It doesn't mean that the patriots can't put up points but to say he isn't a big loss is inaccurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not inaccurate, it's an opinion.

And you kind of made my point for me. They're still scoring even without Gronk.

As I stated, its not a big deal as some are making it out to be. I never said it wasn't a big loss. Yet, after the loss, they're still finding ways to score.

Let's suppose we lose Torrey but David Reed steps in and starts scoring TD's in his place. Yes, we suffered a big loss but the impact of that loss isn't all that.

Re: Rob Gronkowski

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I don't know how you can say a broken forearm was caused by a bad back.
    Most of the time I see receivers twist their bodies coming down to land on their sides or backs. Less chance of the ground causing the receivers to lose control of the ball, making it an incomplete pass. So Gronks back hurts and he is avoiding hard contact with the ground.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's not inaccurate, it's an opinion.

And you kind of made my point for me. They're still scoring even without Gronk.

As I stated, its not a big deal as some are making it out to be. I never said it wasn't a big loss. Yet, after the loss, they're still finding ways to score.

Let's suppose we lose Torrey but David Reed steps in and starts scoring TD's in his place. Yes, we suffered a big loss but the impact of that loss isn't all that.
    I don't think you can just dismiss losing the best TE in the NFL. Sure the pats had no issue with the texans but the texans are a shadow of what they were in the earlier part of the season. The Brady bunch will put up points but I still think gronk is a huge loss. His blocking is one aspect they'll miss a lot. Especially with Suggs and Kruger rushing the passer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    They're still scoring even without Gronk.
    That does not mean they would not score more with Gronk than without him.

The Patriots offense is a sports car that, without Gronk, no longer has its top gear. It's still fast, just not as fast as it would be in full working order.

Holy shit nobody ever said he broke his arm because of back problems. Excell said back problems can translate to problems elsewhere in your body.

This is a fact. I have Stenosis in my lumbar region. My back pain led to the misuse of my left arm to compensate. I tore my bicep tendon. Two shoulder surgeries later it is still not right and never will be again. It also causes numbness in my leg at times. If i would be walking down the street and my leg goes out i could fall and break my arm. The back problem wouldn't be the direct cause but it contributed.

You also could just fall the wrong way for whatever reason and break a bone. My son fell off his scooter last summer and came in screaming he broke his arm. Now he has fallen off his scooter dozens of times and came in screaming so why would this time be any different? Arm didn't look broken and he could move his hand and all his fingers. The next day he had a knot the size of an egg on his arm and it was in fact broke.

It's not that big of a stretch to say a guy with back problems is more likely to get hurt (any injury) than a guy without.

Blog Entries

Broken arm or not if that draft was done over again Gronkowski would be a top 5 pick. If the Ravens had a top 5 pick and Gronk was there Ozzie would be picking him. No way is he saying 'I told you so' over this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Broken arm or not if that draft was done over again Gronkowski would be a top 5 pick. If the Ravens had a top 5 pick and Gronk was there Ozzie would be picking him. No way is he saying 'I told you so' over this.
    Only, because he ended up picking Kindle.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No but he's saying I'm glad I have PItta who is playing Sunday and is expected to impact while Gronk is missing another big PO game. Bad back, back ankle, bad arm, always something. I was taking a shower in my new condo and slipped right out of
    the bath tub but landed on my fat ass. That saved my back.

Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-20-2013 at 12:23 AM.

9. Re: Rob Gronkowski

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    It's also not hard to look like a Pro-Bowler when you have Tom Brady throwing to you in Bill Belichick system. Who knows how he would have done in a Cam Cameron system.
    I honestly think he would have been no more productive than Pitta & Dickson combined have been.
    Keep in mind, Cam always wanted to run the ball into the end zone once the Ravens got within 7-8 yards of it. That takes away a lot of scoring opportunities from both the WRs, TEs and QB.
    By contrast, the Pats' playcallers have always relied on Brady once they're in the red zone.
    The only real advantage Gronk has over Pitta & Dickson is blocking.

And his earlier back trouble has nothing to do with him breaking his arm again while trying to brace himself from a hard landing. It has more to do with his physical, hard-nosed, somewhat reckless style of play.