Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rob Gronkowski

Blog Entries

Re: Rob Gronkowski

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Leading to a forearm breaking?
    Back injuries lead to imbalances in the rest of the body, as the body tries to compensate. The notion that someone has shoulder pain, doesn't mean that the key injury is in the shoulder. The shoulder pain could be the effect of an injury in another part of the body that is leading to improper or overusage of another part of the body.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Back injuries lead to imbalances in the rest of the body, as the body tries to compensate. The notion that someone has shoulder pain, doesn't mean that the key injury is in the shoulder. The shoulder pain could be the effect of an injury in another part of the body that is leading to improper or overusage of another part of the body.
    That kind of explanation holds up with soft tissue damage but not with broken bones, IMO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    That kind of explanation holds up with soft tissue damage but not with broken bones, IMO.
    If those bones are weak and suddenly overused, for example, the explanation does hold.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Did you see the last game? It was a diving catch. He landed on the arm. He doesn't even have a back injury right now. That could happen to any player who flies through the air trying to catch a ball out of reach

Blog Entries

If those bones are weak and suddenly overused, for example, the explanation does hold.
    If Gronkowski is constantly using his forearm to break his fall, due to a psychological hesitance to use his back for support, due to worry over the back issues, and the forearm is weak, for example, it could happen, and it's only a matter of time before it happens in some cases.

Sorry for quoting myself.

Blog Entries

GoodandFast is right in that my explanation is stronger, in regards to soft tissue damage. I'm just trying to explain how it can still relate to bone injury, especially in a sport such as football.

Blog Entries

If Gronkowski is constantly using his forearm to break his fall, due to a psychological hesitance to use his back for support, due to worry over the injury, and the forearm is weak, for example, it could happen.

Sorry for quoting myself.
    You are so reaching. Go back and watch the play.

Ozzie wasn't worried about soft bones or psychological hesitance. Ozzie was worried about someone who's back could go out and cause him to miss lots of games. That hasn't happened. I would bet anything that if Ozzie could go back and draft Gronkowski he would have as would every other GM in the NFL.

Blog Entries

I don't know how you can say a broken forearm was caused by a bad back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I don't know how you can say a broken forearm was caused by a bad back.
    Overcompensation is one way of saying it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You are so reaching. Go back and watch the play.

Ozzie wasn't worried about soft bones or psychological hesitance. Ozzie was worried about someone who's back could go out and cause him to miss lots of games. That hasn't happened. I would bet anything that if Ozzie could go back and draft Gronkowski he would have as would every other GM in the NFL.
    Ozzie is a GM and Hall of Famer in the sport. I would expect him to understand the intricacies of back injuries and how they can effect a player.

Blog Entries

GOTA, the Sword has spoken. I don't see how there's anything left for you to say.

Blog Entries

GOTA, the Sword has spoken. I don't see how there's anything left for you to say.
    You've said it all my friend and I don't see anyone you convinced.

As I wrote before. I completely agree with Ozzie's logic and posted that during that draft. If Ozzie really did have a crystal ball I bet he would have done things differently knowing what kind of player Gronkowski has become.