Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Last Year's so called "Lee Evans Drop Pass"....

I know there are quite a lot of people here that are going to disagree with me on this issue, but I will state my belief on that play that could have sent us to the Super Bowl last year...

I still believe that if that defender does not get lucky and knock the ball out of Evans' hand, Evans comes down with the ball and it's a touchdown! We win the game and go on to beat the Giants in the Super Bowl..You can tell me all you want that he has to hold onto that ball but he was turning away from the defender when it was knocked out of his hands....However, if Cundiff makes that 36 yard FG to tie the game, it's a new ballgame and we would have gotten another chance to win it....I know I'm going to catch some flac ;) for this, but this is how I feel and what I believe. What about you?

Re: Last Year's so called "Lee Evans Drop Pass"....

I believe if either play is made the Ravens win the Super Bowl. But they weren't and the Ravens were not. And it's still good.

The bottom line is at my bottom line - my signature pic says it all...

Blog Entries

Wait, what? You mean to tell me the Ravens would've been in the Super Bowl if not for two miscues! I had no idea! You sure about that?

Lee Evans had both hands on the ball cleanly and should have pulled the ball into his body while rotating his body away from the defender as if he just pulled down a rebound, protecting the biggest catch of his life. The defender was beat but had the wherewithal to desperately slap at the ball that fortunately for him, dislodged it. Lee Evans blew it, period. I've watched this a thousand times, does anyone think he shouldn't have completed the catch?

5. Re: Last Year's so called "Lee Evans Drop Pass"....

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Lee Evans had both hands on the ball cleanly and should have pulled the ball into his body while rotating his body away from the defender as if he just pulled down a rebound, protecting the biggest catch of his life. The defender was beat but had the wherewithal to desperately slap at the ball that fortunately for him, dislodged it. Lee Evans blew it, period. I've watched this a thousand times, does anyone think he shouldn't have completed the catch?
    Never said he shouldn't have made the catch...I am saying that IF THE DEFENDER IS NOT THERE TO KNOCK IT OUT OF HIS HANDS, IT'S A FREGGIN' TD!! ~ARRRRRGGGGGGG!!

6. Re: Last Year's so called "Lee Evans Drop Pass"....

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Wait, what? You mean to tell me the Ravens would've been in the Super Bowl if not for two miscues! I had no idea! You sure about that?
    :grbac: some people

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    Never said he shouldn't have made the catch...I am saying that IF THE DEFENDER IS NOT THERE TO KNOCK IT OUT OF HIS HANDS, IT'S A FREGGIN' TD!! ~ARRRRRGGGGGGG!!
    I hear ya. One day a Lee Evans autograph will be worth nothing but misery to a Ravens fan.

I don't get the supposed controversial statement. If Evans catches the ball in the end zone it's a TD and Ravens win?

Yeah I don't get it. Of course it's a catch if Moore doesn't break it up. What am I missing?
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by micadrz400 View Post
    I don't get the supposed controversial statement. If Evans catches the ball in the end zone it's a TD and Ravens win?
    Yes, Lee Evans is Baltimore's Bill Buckner. Maybe not as bad, he had an accomplice in Billy Cundiff.

11. Re: Last Year's so called "Lee Evans Drop Pass"....

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Yeah I don't get it. Of course it's a catch if Moore doesn't break it up. What am I missing?
    It was a GREAT play by the defender, so it wasn't all Evans' fault

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    It was a GREAT play by the defender, so it wasn't all Evans' fault
    I wouldn't categorize it as "great," considering he got beat badly in the first place. It was a veteran's incompetence that even allowed his desperation swipe to matter.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh