Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Manti Te'o hoax (wth?!?)

Haven't read this post at all, but I wonder if one of these two thoughts might be true. One,Te'o is gay and used this gimmick to cover him and win over others. Two, he saw the scene in Animal House where they go to a sorority house after reading the girl had died in the obituarie, knowing other girls would go out with them to help the guys over come the news.
    This story is crazy and if it is fraud, what can the authorities do about it. Hell, the bengals or pats will draft this guy, they have a habit of bringing players on their teams that have bad images. Te'o is sure getting a lot of headlines this week, isn't some teams playing for division titles this week?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    I have no idea, just pointing out this keeps getting stranger. I guess we'll see what news comes out in an hour or so.

Looking at the twitter account mentioned, 2 hours ago this was posted - "I will be releasing a statement via twitter, between 11am and noon today"

Yeah, I'd like to get some answers on this....

The cardinal player met Lennay in Samoa. Could have been an entirely differnt person. Though it is strange that she matches almost exactly the age/ethnicity etc of the "hoax" girl.

Ha

@LennayKay - My statement: This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but I have been told by Alabama's offense that Manti Te'o is not real.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    And then, in Chef Irvine's case, they started putting his bloated resume material on tv, or in Te'o's case Sports Illustrated started asking about the fake girlfriend, and soon the lies and shenanigans spun out of control.
    Deadspin, not SI.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Robert Irvine resurrected his career without ever really confronting the fact that he was a big fat liar. I imagine Te'o will, too.
    Not if he's facing fraud charges, which is why I think the money matters. The conclusion to the money angle will decide if he's the victim or will be in a courtroom come draft time.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    Ha

@LennayKay - My statement: This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but I have been told by Alabama's offense that Manti Te'o is not real.
    Good one.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Good one.
    Somebody is trolling somebody here...

Blog Entries
    @SportsCenter: NEW DEVELOPMENT - Former ND teammate tells ESPN's Bob Holtzman that many players knew Lennay Kekua wasn't really Manti Te'o's girlfriend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @SportsCenter: NEW DEVELOPMENT - Former ND teammate tells ESPN's Bob Holtzman that many players knew Lennay Kekua wasn't really Manti Te'o's girlfriend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is getting stranger and stranger. Why would someone wait till now to blow the whistle?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    This is getting stranger and stranger. Why would someone wait till now to blow the whistle?
    Why would a teammate blow the whistle before the end of the season? Could only hurt the team before the Nat'l championship game. It was certainly a big part of Te'o's Hesiman chances, which in turn is a big part of why they were included in the Nat'l championship.

Twitter account has been debunked, it was re-created this week. Either someone who was involved picked it up again or we have someone just using it to poke fun at the story...

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    First of all, it isn't "established" that Te'o deceived his family. But even if it were, so Te'o deceived EVERYONE around him--friends, family, teammates, MEMBERS OF THE MEDIA, etc. and yet you can't accept that it's not a bridge too far to believe he did it wilfully, instead of just out of embarassment?

A practiced and skillful deceiver like Te'o is not prone to be so easily deceived by others. So you mean to tell me that all the times Manti told his family he was meeting her in Hawaii, only for her not to show up, he never got concerned, nor did his family? All the times he interacted with her family (people obviously of varying ages, backgrounds, and personalities) he never noticed anything weird about their interactions? He never found it strange that even though she claimed (AND HE TOLD OTHERS) that she was in the hospital, no nurses ever came to check her blood pressure?

I mean, there are just STAGGERING leaps of faith you need to make to believe that Te'o was just merrily trotting along, being tricked by a MASSIVE web of lies and MASSIVE cast of characters, while ALL THE WHILE HE HIMSELF WAS MASTERFULLY MANIPULATING HIS ENTIRE WORLD TO ACCOUNT FOR HIS SHAME OVER AN ONLINE GIRLFRIEND.

So after you get through believing all of that I have a great tract of oceanfront territory in Nevada I'd love to sell to you.

First of all, the dissimilarities between Ray Lewis and Manti Te'o are too numerous to name--chiefly that we actually had access to the facts revealed by the investigation in Atlanta BECAUSE IT WAS SUBJECT TO SCRUTINY IN A PUBLIC COURT OF LAW. Te'o is, to this point, not.

Ah, and there's the rub. I guess you're a Notre Dame fan, then? I'm not a hater of that institution, but I am hesitant to accept their word at face value--especially after we saw another similar institution like PSU lie through their teeth to protect themselves and their stakeholders. I might be cynical, but not particularly so for ND.
    WOW. A practiced and skillful deceiver???? I like how you have decided what this kid is without so much as ever having talked to him or without access to information that is surely at this point not public. Worst case scenario Manti is guilty of lying in all likelihood in order to save himself the embarrassment of admitting he was had. That is more about pride than deceit. Their is ZERO evidence other than your supposed ability to identify those who are deceitful to support the idea he was in on this from the get go. Sorry think I think that is just a little self righteous and statements like that reek of having a bone to grind with the kid or ND. I personally hate ND, I think the kid is guilty of poor judgement and likely lying to try and save himself embarrassment. Let me guess since your such a moral and upstanding person you have NEVER lied to protect your ego, protect yourself from embarrassment etc.... of course not.

What does ND have to gain by protecting Teo? If anything they have more to lose by lying to protect him. Teo is not accused of molesting children, in fact there is nothing even remotely criminal about any of this at this point. Comparing the two situations even if in passing is tantamount to exploitation in order to further your agenda and is disrespectful to both Teo and frankly to the poor kids who REALLY WERE VICTIMS.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis