Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 136 to 145 of 145
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,266

    Re: Manti Te'o hoax (wth?!?)



    Wow HR. Haven't heard anyone use "joaning" in long time. Takes me back...




  2. #137
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,337
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Manti Te'o hoax (wth?!?)

    This still smells of bullshit. NFL Front Office personnel will likely find out the truth behind the scenes, if they haven't already, during the draft process.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  3. #138
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Manti Te'o hoax (wth?!?)

    To me this story was interesting at first, now that his side seems pretty credible to me, it's lost it's luster. But here is the audio of the dude (who sounds like a lady) pretending to be T'eo's girlfriend if anyone is interested.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...20--ncaaf.html
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  4. #139

    Re: Manti Te'o hoax (wth?!?)

    His side doesn't seem credible to me at all. I wish Vegas had odds on if he is gay or not because I would bet the house on it no matter what the odds were. I would bet the guy who confessed to the hoax is his gay "friend" who tried to help him hide the fact, because we all know that no matter how good an athlete is, a gay teammate is not welcome in the locker room with the other guys and that certainly would effect his stock value going into the NFL.

    I also don't care if he was seen dating chicks before. I know a girl who dated a guy in high school for over a year and they had sex multiple times, and he discovered later that he was gay.

    Also, why would anyone devote so many hours over so many years to perpetuate a hoax that had no chance for a financial payoff, unless his boyfriend got a huge NFL contract? That does not add up. I'm not saying some guys ain't dumb. but nobody is that dumb, and that goes for both of these guys.




  5. #140
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Manti Te'o hoax (wth?!?)

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    His side doesn't seem credible to me at all. I wish Vegas had odds on if he is gay or not because I would bet the house on it no matter what the odds were. I would bet the guy who confessed to the hoax is his gay "friend" who tried to help him hide the fact, because we all know that no matter how good an athlete is, a gay teammate is not welcome in the locker room with the other guys and that certainly would effect his stock value going into the NFL.

    I also don't care if he was seen dating chicks before. I know a girl who dated a guy in high school for over a year and they had sex multiple times, and he discovered later that he was gay.

    Also, why would anyone devote so many hours over so many years to perpetuate a hoax that had no chance for a financial payoff, unless his boyfriend got a huge NFL contract? That does not add up. I'm not saying some guys ain't dumb. but nobody is that dumb, and that goes for both of these guys.
    He could be gay, I really don't know, or care. Your complete lack of evidence aside, don't you think there would be at least one part of this that would conflict with his story to show he was in on it? Just one?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  6. #141

    Re: Manti Te'o hoax (wth?!?)

    I wouldn't say complete lack of evidence. He already admitted to some lies, like telling some people they had met in real life. I'd say that's a red flag right there. I don't care if someone is gay or not either, but it's a big deal in the world of sports, because there is definitely a barrier when it comes to gay men playing team sports. This might have an effect on that barrier to some degree, unless he never admits to it.




  7. #142
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Manti Te'o hoax (wth?!?)

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    I wouldn't say complete lack of evidence. He already admitted to some lies, like telling some people they had met in real life. I'd say that's a red flag right there. I don't care if someone is gay or not either, but it's a big deal in the world of sports, because there is definitely a barrier when it comes to gay men playing team sports. This might have an effect on that barrier to some degree, unless he never admits to it.
    Right, he admitted to it. It's not like he's lying about it and people caught him. I've heard why he lied (but I'd say mislead is more accurate description in this case), if I was in his shoes, I would have done the same, you probably would have too.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  8. #143

    Re: Manti Te'o hoax (wth?!?)

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Right, he admitted to it. It's not like he's lying about it and people caught him. I've heard why he lied (but I'd say mislead is more accurate description in this case), if I was in his shoes, I would have done the same, you probably would have too.
    I can't imagine why I would, or even be in that situation in the first place.




  9. #144
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Manti Te'o hoax (wth?!?)

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    I can't imagine why I would, or even be in that situation in the first place.
    Not the point, is it?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  10. #145

    Re: Manti Te'o hoax (wth?!?)

    So the latest is that Tuiasosopo is gay, or confused, and fell in love with Teo and just wanted to keep in touch with him. Hes taken full responsibility for the Hoax saying Teo was never involved and that only he spoke with Teo. The only problem with that is, some voice analyzers have said that the recording they heard was definitely a woman. Seems theres still more layers to this onion than whats out there. More lies and contradictions than anything, but I still have to believe that Teo may not have been in on it, but made it out to be more than it was for his own benefit.

    http://www.courant.com/sports/other/...,7541406.story
    -JAB




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland