Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213 LastLast

Re: Manti Te'o hoax (wth?!?)

I think you can rule the gay angle out at this point.

I don't recall the news outlet (NY Post maybe?) interviewed a bunch of players from high school and ND on and off the record and the dude has a long history with the ladies.

It's really starting to come out that this guy was / is naive. Makes him a little dopey and he's going to get killed in a pro locker room from all the joaning, but at the end of the day, he's going to get paid and I don't think he's going to drop all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Makes him a little dopey
    Come on, Houston.

You may be right about everything else but this is way more than "a little" dopey.

In the best possible universe for him he was still dumb as a bag of hammers.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Come on, Houston.

You may be right about everything else but this is way more than "a little" dopey.

In the best possible universe for him he was still dumb as a bag of hammers.
    How dare you insult a bag of hammers that way!?!?

Wow HR. Haven't heard anyone use "joaning" in long time. Takes me back...
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

This still smells of bullshit. NFL Front Office personnel will likely find out the truth behind the scenes, if they haven't already, during the draft process.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

To me this story was interesting at first, now that his side seems pretty credible to me, it's lost it's luster. But here is the audio of the dude (who sounds like a lady) pretending to be T'eo's girlfriend if anyone is interested.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...20--ncaaf.html

His side doesn't seem credible to me at all. I wish Vegas had odds on if he is gay or not because I would bet the house on it no matter what the odds were. I would bet the guy who confessed to the hoax is his gay "friend" who tried to help him hide the fact, because we all know that no matter how good an athlete is, a gay teammate is not welcome in the locker room with the other guys and that certainly would effect his stock value going into the NFL.

I also don't care if he was seen dating chicks before. I know a girl who dated a guy in high school for over a year and they had sex multiple times, and he discovered later that he was gay.

Also, why would anyone devote so many hours over so many years to perpetuate a hoax that had no chance for a financial payoff, unless his boyfriend got a huge NFL contract? That does not add up. I'm not saying some guys ain't dumb. but nobody is that dumb, and that goes for both of these guys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    His side doesn't seem credible to me at all. I wish Vegas had odds on if he is gay or not because I would bet the house on it no matter what the odds were. I would bet the guy who confessed to the hoax is his gay "friend" who tried to help him hide the fact, because we all know that no matter how good an athlete is, a gay teammate is not welcome in the locker room with the other guys and that certainly would effect his stock value going into the NFL.

I also don't care if he was seen dating chicks before. I know a girl who dated a guy in high school for over a year and they had sex multiple times, and he discovered later that he was gay.

Also, why would anyone devote so many hours over so many years to perpetuate a hoax that had no chance for a financial payoff, unless his boyfriend got a huge NFL contract? That does not add up. I'm not saying some guys ain't dumb. but nobody is that dumb, and that goes for both of these guys.
    He could be gay, I really don't know, or care. Your complete lack of evidence aside, don't you think there would be at least one part of this that would conflict with his story to show he was in on it? Just one?

I wouldn't say complete lack of evidence. He already admitted to some lies, like telling some people they had met in real life. I'd say that's a red flag right there. I don't care if someone is gay or not either, but it's a big deal in the world of sports, because there is definitely a barrier when it comes to gay men playing team sports. This might have an effect on that barrier to some degree, unless he never admits to it.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't say complete lack of evidence. He already admitted to some lies, like telling some people they had met in real life. I'd say that's a red flag right there. I don't care if someone is gay or not either, but it's a big deal in the world of sports, because there is definitely a barrier when it comes to gay men playing team sports. This might have an effect on that barrier to some degree, unless he never admits to it.
    Right, he admitted to it. It's not like he's lying about it and people caught him. I've heard why he lied (but I'd say mislead is more accurate description in this case), if I was in his shoes, I would have done the same, you probably would have too.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Right, he admitted to it. It's not like he's lying about it and people caught him. I've heard why he lied (but I'd say mislead is more accurate description in this case), if I was in his shoes, I would have done the same, you probably would have too.
    I can't imagine why I would, or even be in that situation in the first place.

Blog Entries

I can't imagine why I would, or even be in that situation in the first place.
    Not the point, is it?