Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Article on Patriots Offensive System

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think most NFL offenses use combinations and don't run just one offense. And if EP is so simple why does Brady have a Sonic menu on his forearm?
    He needs somewhere to write "Find #20" on. I remember an interview w/ him where he said he does that vs. the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    last years afccg, the pats were running wild on us, lets hope the D line and LBs review that tape
    That was with Jar-Jar Been Elvis. I think the RBs they have now are more versatile/dangerous than he was, save for his ball security.

A three-digit route tree of 10 possible routes (0-9) does not equal 59,049 possible combinations. Massive math fail by the author.

59,049 would be the possible combinations of a five-digit route tree of 9 possible routes (1-9), however.

Even though I probably shouldn't, once I see such a blatant error I can't help but feel the guy doesn't really understand what he is attempting to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm assuming you are referring to Torry Holt?

He never played for the Pats.

Yup, becuase he never made it out of training camp in 2010.

Blog Entries

I'd love to see the Ravens bring the Erhardt-Perkins offense to Flacco and the Ravens.

I think it's a lot more versatile than the Coryell or the West Coast.

Again, I think it's just a matter of terminology. You can run whatever play or scheme you want. The only thing you're beholden too with a particular offensive "system" is its terminology. At least that's my understanding. I could be wrong. I'm no X's and O's expert. That's why I asked others to chime in. Anyway...

A system that more efficiently communicates a play will complement a quarterback that likes the no huddle, because it will be easier to push the tempo. Flacco talks all the time about wanting our no huddle to be able to move as quickly as the Pats no huddle can.

7. Re: Article on Patriots Offensive System

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    I'd love to see the Ravens bring the Erhardt-Perkins offense to Flacco and the Ravens.

I think it's a lot more versatile than the Coryell or the West Coast.
    I'm not 100% sure of this, but I believe that Cameron was running a simplified version of the Erhardt-Perkins from 2008 till mid/late in 2010.
    It didn't look like we were running the Air Coryell yet and we certainly weren't running the West Coast.

And 2010 was Flacco's best regular season, though I think the Air Coryell suits him perfectly too as long as the playcalling/scheme is being executed properly.

Blog Entries
    Screw the EP system!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Screw the EP system!
    caldwell-flacco system!

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    caldwell-flacco system!
    Working well so far. Next year,Caldwell-Flacco system will be expanded, now that Caldwell is OC full time. Defenses in our division will be hating it. They had really a good grip on cams system. They were that close to stopping it.