Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Patriots Fans put up Billboard Counting Days till Ray's Retirement

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post

4) Patriots defense has been better since McCourty moved to safety.
    He moved to safety 'cause they got Talib, which made the defense better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    If I had the money, on Monday morning that billboard would be down and replaced by one that counts down the days till next season starts for the Patriots. I would be happy to provide this service for the fans of the Patriots. No thanks necessary
    Your town already has one, actually two. But for some reason you guys fail to acknowledge that.

Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    Your town already has one, actually two. But for some reason you guys fail to acknowledge that.
    Can you point out where they are located? I would like to go snap a pic. ...... Thanks

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Thunder View Post
    The only reason it hasn't come from a players mouth is bill bellicheck. Period. We all know how arrogant and entitled the Pats players r. Why shouldn't they be. It's not like the NFL doesn't rewrite the rule books constantly to favor them. Tuck rule... Hits below the knees. The irony is u guys won your three titles mostly be your DBs got away with manhandling Colts receivers and no flags. Then once Brady actually became the elite qb he is today, they started cracking down on DBs.
    You can't be this ignorant to facts.

1. Clearly they didn't put the tuck rule in on the fly right before the Ref went under the hood against the Raiders. And the Tuck rule was used prior that year in a different game. Might be the dumbest garbage to come out of peoples mouth's
    2. You may want to actually look up when the below the knee rule went into affect. Try the offseason after Palmer had his knee blown out in the playoffs. They added to the rule after Brady's knee was blown out, stating that a player that is blocked to the ground can not lunge from the gound at a QB's knees.
    3. Those were the rules back then. Were you complaining when your DB's were manhandling our Receivers on Monday night in 2007? It was the only reason that game was that close. And who changed the rules to what they are today when it comes to not being able to look at receivers wrong? Don't know why I asked you that. Here is the answer Polian. Don't blame Belichick for adapting to the changes.
    4. Now that is just down right stupid.

I don't know your history on here, but you really should check facts before talking about things that you are clearly ignorant to.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    Can you point out where they are located? I would like to go snap a pic. ...... Thanks

Go ask the dudes at clear channel that decided it would be fun for employees in each city to banter back and forth. I provided a link to it earlier in this thread.

Go ask the dudes at clear channel that decided it would be fun for employees in each city to banter back and forth. I provided a link to it earlier in this thread.
    You make the claim our town has two.... So it's why I asked you since you seem to be in the know... Looked at your link but no landmarks looked familiar..

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

From naca72 over at Raven's Insider

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    You make the claim our town has two.... So it's why I asked you since you seem to be in the know... Looked at your link but no landmarks looked familiar..

I didn't make any claim. I pointed to a mini article that had pictures of the signs sent to him from clear channel employees. I have no idea where they are nor do I care. I don't know where the one in Boston is. I just find it funny that people are getting their panties in a bunch over a billboard that was not rented by any Pats fans, but is a result of employees of a company in two different cities ribbing the team from the other city.

Good heavens. Five pages (so far) of comments just because some Boston fans put up a billboard? Which, by the way, I actually find kind of lighthearted and amusing. I'm sure it doesn't bother Ray Lewis.

No matter how many billboards get put up, no matter how many times the Brendon Ayanbendejo's of the world can't resist the temptation to tweet something stupid, this sort of stuff is a non-factor in a professional sports team's preparation. Ravens and Patriots both have plenty of motivation for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    From naca72 over at Raven's Insider

Photoshopped:)

@mgcolby:
    You are correct in that the rules in question, (tuck, below the knees) were in place before any "Brady" incident. However, does it not strike you as odd that UNTIL Tommy Ugg was involved, they rarely got called? How many "tuck rule" and "below the knee" plays were NOT called when the QB was someone OTHER than Tommy Ugg, Big Jen or a Manning?
    Do you seriously think the the network$, ( and by exten$ion, the NFL), were NOT $alivating over the pro$pect of Peyton vs. Tommy Ugg? NE, PIT and any team QB'd by a Manning seem to "get" the calls more than not. Coincidence? If you honestly believe so, please pm me regarding a nice bridge I can let you have at a very reasonable price.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Nothing new here. The media has been talking about Ray's retirement when the Ravens lose. Never do they consider the Ravens could win it all. According to the media we're waiting to win our first playoff game since the first 2 were lost by the other team. I expect we won't beat the Patriots, but I'll be happy with them losing too so we can go to the Super Bowl as under dogs and have our opponent lose that also.

If someone has the disposable income to stick up the Ray's retirement billboard, then good for them. I'm sure it's well received by Patriots fans. I wonder how he'll feel when the Patriot's lose?