Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Patriots Fans put up Billboard Counting Days till Ray's Retirement

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
    I was just agreeing with you.. none of it means anything. Obviously the billboard is a marketing thing and I am not one of those people that is calling it cocky. Hell, as long as they update it once we beat you guys, I actually like it. Oh, I'm also not one of those people that worries about disrepect, either.

:happyanim
    Eh I'm sure it'll be changed by the time we see you guys in the regular season next year

Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    Because I'm drawing that comparison in a thread about a billboard and you people calling it cocky, when it came from nobody in the Pats organization's mouth. Maybe then you all can drop the disrespect card you like to play every year
    We have a every right to play the disrespect card because quite frankly that's what we've been dealt for most of the season. As ravens we have a much better pulse of what the media thinks of us then you do. Not sure why you're trying to argue this point.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    We have a every right to play the disrespect card because quite frankly that's what we've been dealt for most of the season. As ravens we have a much better pulse of what the media thinks of us then you do. Not sure why you're trying to argue this point.
    Eh, I guess it's because that's all I ever hear about when it's Patriots-Ravens

Blog Entries

Screw disrespect; if you want respect, you earn it.
    Ravens win the game they'll get the love

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Screw disrespect; if you want respect, you earn it.
    Ravens win the game they'll get the love
    i dont want love, i want the win

If this classless story is true, I love it. Puts the karmic scales back in alignment after Brendan Ayanbadejo's comments.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    not unless this was done by a player.
    Disagree. Disrespect is disrespect. Doesn't matter the source. The players aren't relying purely on this type of bs to hype themselves up for a game to begin with tho...
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    Because I'm drawing that comparison in a thread about a billboard and you people calling it cocky, when it came from nobody in the Pats organization's mouth. Maybe then you all can drop the disrespect card you like to play every year
    The only reason it hasn't come from a players mouth is bill bellicheck. Period. We all know how arrogant and entitled the Pats players r. Why shouldn't they be. It's not like the NFL doesn't rewrite the rule books constantly to favor them. Tuck rule... Hits below the knees. The irony is u guys won your three titles mostly be your DBs got away with manhandling Colts receivers and no flags. Then once Brady actually became the elite qb he is today, they started cracking down on DBs.
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

If I had the money, on Monday morning that billboard would be down and replaced by one that counts down the days till next season starts for the Patriots. I would be happy to provide this service for the fans of the Patriots. No thanks necessary
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    If I had the money, on Monday morning that billboard would be down and replaced by one that counts down the days till next season starts for the Patriots. I would be happy to provide this service for the fans of the Patriots. No thanks necessary
    I'm sure we could get a collection together. It looks like one of those electronic billboards, shouldn't be too costly to have a message of our own put up.. :)

Blog Entries

I've tried to listen to Boston's WEEI to hear what they are saying about the game but every time I tune in they are talking about something else not related to the Pats.

Do they not care?

Just now I tune in, they are talking about the Teo story, whereas 105.7 is talking stats from the NE/BAL game earlier this season.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I've tried to listen to Boston's WEEI to hear what they are saying about the game but every time I tune in they are talking about something else not related to the Pats.

Do they not care?

Just now I tune in, they are talking about the Teo story, whereas 105.7 is talking stats from the NE/BAL game earlier this season.
    They have been talking about the game a lot. Tomorrow will likely be all Patriots. The talking points I have heard a lot have been:

1) The Ravens are a very good team that, unlike the Texans, will not be scared of the game or the Patriots. It will be a physical game.

2) Tom Brady's "NASCAR" offense might be too much for the Ravens to stop, particularly after last weeks long hard game for the Ravens defense.

3) Joe Flacco likes to go long and always throws down the right side. (This seems to be be the brilliant insight of the week for some reason.)

4) Patriots defense has been better since McCourty moved to safety.

5) Tom Brady's balls are dry and need constant moistening by local media members.

I may have made one of these up.

The fans up here are excited about the game. They would like to see Brady really cement his legacy as one of the greatest ever by getting another Super Bowl. In general, there is a decent amount of respect for the Ravens. Most people think the Patriots will win, but few think it will be as easy as last week's game.