Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT -- Best NFL stadium you visited

excluding the Ravens being this is non ravens football what stadiums if any have you visited weather it was for a football game, concert etc. I would have to say Heinz field was nice for the concert I went too thank goodness no black and gold everywhere. Plus take a tour of the stadium for free.

Re: OT -- Best NFL stadium you visited

Hands down, Reliant Stadium.

It's the stadium I wish Baltimore approved back when The Vault was being thought up. Sight lines are fantastic no matter where you are in the stadium.

They have no tunnels on the LL. When you're on the LL and you need to run to grab some grub, you never lose sight of the field and can always see the action.

The acoustics are conducive to a loud crowd, even when the roof is open.

I've only been to LP Field in Nashville and Fed Ex in Landover. Neither of them were bad, but they didn't blow me away, either. I will say that while I dig M&T and think it's a great stadium, I don't think it was significantly better than either of those. I want to eventually attend road games at Arrowhead, Lambeau, Reliant, and Dallas for starters.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Invesco at Mile High. Want to check out Lambeau and Soldier field. I like Miami also, great views everywhere, lots of purple also.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Hands down, Reliant Stadium.

It's the stadium I wish Baltimore approved back when The Vault was being thought up. Sight lines are fantastic no matter where you are in the stadium.

They have no tunnels on the LL. When you're on the LL and you need to run to grab some grub, you never lose sight of the field and can always see the action.

The acoustics are conducive to a loud crowd, even when the roof is open.
    Agreed. Easily the best stadium I have been to (although I only made it to the outside of the Cowboys stadium and have never been to the new stadium near Phoenix).

In addition to the above, their club section is the best in the NFL/ Glass enclosed, no concessions or restrooms on the inner ring, and a private party deck beyond the outer ring.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Invesco at Mile High. Want to check out Lambeau and Soldier field. I like Miami also, great views everywhere, lots of purple also.
    Sports Authority Field at Mile High you mean ...

Of the ones I've visited...from best to worst:
    > Miami: The weather, the "scenery", the small stadium with great sight-lines, the HD boards...just a great place to go to an away game.
    > Nashville: If you stay downtown everything is within walking distance....and some of the nicest fans in the league.
    > Pittsburgh: Again, everything within walking distance...very blue collar, much like Baltimore...fans can be hostile, but generally respectful of the rival Ravens fans.
    > Jacksonville: Usually nice weather, however not much to do downtown (think Hagerstown) and its an antiquated stadium (think Memorial Stadium).
    > Atlanta: Big city...bland stadium...very loud though, even with one of the most casual fan bases around.
    > Foxboro: Nice stadium, but in the middle of nowhere...so you better plan on tailgating...and you better plan on tailgating with Ravens fans because the New England fans are not very friendly (with some exceptions).
    > FedEx: Just a dump in every way imaginable...if you gave me free tickets and $100 spending money, I still would have to think long and hard about going. The only useful purpose it serves is as a reminder to how good we have it in Baltimore....nasty traffic, nasty fans and nasty ushers.

I've had the good fortune of visiting several NFL cities. Here are my faves in order:

1. Seattle (CenturyLink) - Outstanding game day experience - Pickles Pub type bars right across the street from the north end zone entrance. Great for watching the "early" games that start at 10 AM PST. Stadium is just beautiful and the design ensures that the crowd noise reverbs back towards the field. Stadium is also designed so that it's open air but still keeps about 80% of the fans dry if it does rain. we had club seats on a misty cool day and stayed completely dry but still had to bundle up with it being in the low 40's. Great bars and restaurants within a few blocks for after game festivities and watching the "late" game (which starts at 5:30 PST).

2. Houston (Reliant) - Great game day/tailgating experience and great concourses as noted in previous post. My only beef with this place is that it's out on the inner "beltway" and several miles from downtown, so there is no real downtown after-game experience once the game is over here.

3. Philly (the Linc) - Nice stadium with good site lines.. similar to M&T actually.. great tailgating experience puts pretty much all the fans into one gigantic lot around all the sports stadiums/arena.

Worst -

1. Jacksonville (Everbank) - Horrible site lines, lower deck is about 75 rows deep, especially in the end zone.. Upper deck a mile from the field. Tarps covering seats. Apathetic fans. The list goes on. I will say this - as bad as that stadium is, the Bud Party Deck they built in the West end zone is outstanding. All stadiums should have a party deck like that.

2. Atlanta (Ga Dome) - The only thing this place has going for it is the crowd noise due to being indoors. Otherwise it's like an oversized basketball arena with ridiculously loud rap/hip hop music during commercial breaks. Concourses are narrow and food/beer selection is lame.

Best

1. Gillette Stadium - While its not a great overall stadium, its a pretty big structure and the sound system is great. What makes it stand out are the restaurants and activities a stones throw form the stadium. Davios food is fantastic.

2. MetLife Stadium - Effin loved this place with its space ship looking exterior but great field view highlighted by the HD screens in all four corners of the stadium. I am hoping the Ravens go to back to back SB's this year and next because I will blow $10K for the NY superbowl.

3. The Linc - Beautiful stadium with great site lines. The fans were tamer than I thought.

Ok

1. Qualcom - Yeah I know its a dump but the fans were nice to me and my wife when the Ravens were getting killed in 2011. Really though its about SD. The Mrs. wants to move their but I told her we need to make at least $100K more to be able to live decently

2. Nashville - I would live there in a heartbeat but since this is about the stadium its ok even though their fans are really nice. I was honored to take my brother in law to the Ravens game there in 2011 before he lost his battle with cancer.

3. Soldier Field - Again love the town but not the stadium. The game experience was ok but I was stunned at how unknowledgable Bears fan were. The field view was decent.

The Pits

1. Browns Stadium - What a bland destitute place with some very bitter fans. Don't even bother wearing your Ravens gear because you're asking to be harrased.

2. Georgia Dome - I love the ATL but the stadium is the pits and their fans are the most obnoxious pricks I've ever been around. That first down chant they do pisses me off to no end.

3. Heinz Field - Only because the Steelers play there. I will say that it is a nice stadium that actually has a glow to it if you go for a night game. The fans are not that loud in part because they choose to twirl those towels versus clap and stomp and yes they hate us.

4. Fedex - Fucking dump in a bad area with shitty fans and horrific traffic.

I toured Cowboys stadium and it is by far the most beautiful stadium I've ever seen. I will go see the Ravens play there when they visit in 2016. I also want to go to Lambeau and Seattle. I will be in Miami for next years game

Invesco field "formerly" (mile high) ws awesome. I played a paintball tournament there 6 years ago and loved it

I thought Miami's stadium sucked - antiquated and lacking in atmosphere - though I'll admit their screens were good and the weather/scenery was nice.

Best as far as stadium complex I thought was Foxboro - really very nice stadium, good sightlines and concessions. As others have said, it's a pain to get to though, being in the middle of nowhere.

LP in Tennessee isn't that great, but it's got great fans and is located close to downtown.

Pittsburgh really isn't that great of a stadium. The one stand we sat in reminded me of a large shed and their fans obviously don't help the image of the place.

Jacksonville for me was the worst. The stadium itself was seemingly based on an erector set, the corners are filled in because they can't sell all their seats thanks to everyone caring more about college ball and NASCAR and their fans are the biggest bunch of Jerry Springer guest, hick know-nothings in all of sports. Although there is a nice lake and park next to the stadium for tailgating, which we were able to commandeer for Ravens fans as the locals probably pre-game in their basements drinking their grandpa's moonshine.

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post

Jacksonville for me was the worst. The stadium itself was seemingly based on an erector set, the corners are filled in because they can't sell all their seats thanks to everyone caring more about college ball and NASCAR and their fans are the biggest bunch of Jerry Springer guest, hick know-nothings in all of sports. Although there is a nice lake and park next to the stadium for tailgating, which we were able to commandeer for Ravens fans as the locals probably pre-game in their basements drinking their grandpa's moonshine.
    I work in Jacksonville 7-10 days a month. Last week I was driving over one of the bridges and noticed that the tarps were removed from the upper corners. I asked someone about it and they told me that Jacksonville sells over 80,000 seats for MONSTER TRUCK MADNESS which was coming up.

You can't make this stuff up...