Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Was Ray Even there?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    He was out for personal reasons, and that's fine with me. Besides, I think he should avoid Atlanta for the rest of his life.
    It's just good advice to avoid Atlanta in general:insane:

Who really cares if Ray was there or not??? I mean, its a pre season game for God's sake. Not to mention ALL starters will need to be fresh when we see the Bengals.

Who really cares if Ray was there or not??? I mean, its a pre season game for God's sake. Not to mention ALL starters will need to be fresh when we see the Bengals.
    You should of been around when Ray missed meaningless games starting with the Texans. Some of these guys were really killing ray, thing is, he was injured and didnt need to be there.

Ray can do whatever he wants as long as he isnt missing regular season or playoff games. He's still that good.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Agreed.

And I think it's important to point out something. Sometimes players become so good and so popular that just their presence creates too much buzz for a team to handle. It becomes a distraction for the rest of the team. Cal was the same way when he was with the O's.

When players of such talent such as Cal or Ray decide to do things away from the team, I am totally fine with it. By them staying away at key times, they actually help the team by taking the media heat away from the rest of the team so they can focus on the task at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfan_11 View Post

Can someone tell me if I'm wrong?
    Sure.

You are wrong.

PP

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Ray can do whatever he wants as long as he isnt missing regular season or playoff games. He's still that good.
    I would disagree with that. He had family reasons for last night and that's fine, that isn't too big of a deal. But he needs to be held to the same standards as everybody else on the TEAM. Nobody should get special treatment in terms of being excused from travel, etc. If Ogden or Heap or Suggs has to be there then Ray should be.

Could not disagree more.

You're applying high school rules to a pro game that is filled with media hounds eager to snap the latest picture or get the scoop at any cost.

Athletes at the level of Ray, Cal, Jeter, etc are not traveling with the teams because of big egos or anything like that. They do so in a way that will keep the media away from the rest of the team. In essence, their absence is them being an even bigger team player. They sacrifice without their friends on the team in order to keep the rest of the team on an even keel.

I understand the concept of team and its importance. At the pro level, this logic doesnt apply.

Exactly this isnt Little League were everyone jumps into the same mini van and everyone gets to play an equal amount of time. Ray is a weapon everyone knows it and as a team they will make provisions for him.

since I brought up little league I will tell you this, the next level of little league are travel teams and I can tell you first hand that some players are afforded special treatment much the same as what you are seeing with ray. Is it right? probably not, But its just the way the world spins.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Maybe it's just me, but I'd like to think the media in Atlanta and for that matter, just about any where that covers pro football had a far bigger story/situation to cover in Atlanta that week other then Ray Lewis.

The notion that it's OK for Ray Lewis to not make the trip for any reason other then injury concerns or personal/family matters is BS.

Special treatment stuff like that had a part in the debacle of the season a few years ago.
    There was alot of dissention(sp?) in the locker room because of how some players were being treated which caused alot of issues.

If you're on the team, you go!! PERIOD!!!!

Quite frankly, I think Ray probably would have liked to go and watch with the rest of his teammates on the sidelines along with the other vets that didn't play.

At least that's the impression he's given me so far from watching him interact on the sidelines this year so far.

If things go south (Hopefully not), it'll be interesting to see how he acts through times of distress.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    Who the heck cares..I am finding out that, people here in Baltimore need something to whine about... JUST SHUT UP AND PLAY FOOTBALL:D
    I agree, quietly, however!