Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Flacco respect from....Tom Brady!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    1. The Pats have shown time and time again they respond very well after someone trash talks them. See the past 3 years v. the Jets.

2. BA didn't say anything so he would play harder. He's yapping because he's not confident. IMO. Read "Art of War" and other such works or just take a look at any bar fight. The guy who is running his yap is the guy least confident. It's the quiet, confident guy that's going to knock your ass on the ground before you have a chance to utter two words.
    If I was BA I would've kept my mouth shut after his performance against Denver. Worry about staying in your lane during kick coverage instead of what the Patriots did in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Brady is a whiny bitch. Any time the Ravens D breathes on him he asks for a flag.
    ...And usually gets the ref to throw the flag.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    LOL, as you can see from my earlier post I'm not a Brady fan in the slightest, but the guy is a top 20 QB easily and a guaranteed HOFer. There's really no way that isn't true.....at all.
    I have my doubts about Tom Brady being that good, only because of the season he only played 15 minutes before being lost for the rest of that season. Matt Cassel had as good a year as Brady had had before him. Since Matt Cassel hasn't been able to pull off any season close to that after that year, I think this proves it's the Patriots passing offensive scheming more than whatever QB you put in there. Kyle Boller would have been a HOF QB if he played for the Patriots, OK that may be a stretch.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    I have my doubts about Tom Brady being that good, only because of the season he only played 15 minutes before being lost for the rest of that season. Matt Cassel had as good a year as Brady had had before him. Since Matt Cassel hasn't been able to pull off any season close to that after that year, I think this proves it's the Patriots passing offensive scheming more than whatever QB you put in there. Kyle Boller would have been a HOF QB if he played for the Patriots, OK that may be a stretch.
    Well I'll de damn, Greenberg, Greeny on Mike and Mike just said Flacco is a better playoff QB than Brady and the Ravens are a better team and was his stone-cold lock. Don't misunderstand, this I know his opinion means crap at the end of the day Sunday, but damn, so much for Baltimore not getting national attention.

Wow.

Brady broke all sorts of records and led his team within a helmet catch of the greatest season of all time. Meanwhile, Cassell got carried by that team to a non-playoff berth. You can't be this .....

Blog Entries

Brady 2007:
    398/578 68.9% 4806 50TD 8INT

Cassel 2008:
    327/516 63.4% 3693 21TD 11INT

Theyre really not that comparable, imo, certainly not similar enough to say its all system and ANY QB would be as good as Brady. Cassel used a much more "game manager" offense that year and rode a good defense. Brady broke records that were thought to never be broken. I dont think youre completely off base with saying that their system is very QB friendly but that doesnt take away that Brady in that system is just that much better than another QB. i think Cassels stats after leaving certainly help suggest that is QB friendly. Brady is every bit of the Elite QB hes earned.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    The problem with this is that the entire team benefitted from this cheating, the entire team gained competitive advantage, and the entire team also probably knew it was cheating, and if not the ENTIRE team, then certainly its most important players.

There have been some estimates that Brady knew well over half the opposition's defensive audibles because of it. Unless Brady is Manti Te'o levels of stupid, he would have known it wasn't normal for him to have that information.
    This whole filming to get the opposition's calls was more than critical.
    When you lineup and you hear the calls which gives you the play they are running, how differently do all 11 on defense react??? For those who have played at the high school level or higher, it is a no brainer.

Easy example:
    Have the offense run a play...then say out loud to both sides, "run that play again" and tell me what happens.
    So, to make it more realistic, tell the offense what to run and then walk over to the defense and secretly tell them what the offense is about to run. Now tell me what happens.
    In the last scenario, the defense shuts the play down completely because the offense is NOT aware that the defense knows.
    How else does one explain the Pats using wideouts to play defense when the DBs were all hurt AND yet, they were successful??? even against Manning who could change the play at the line to take advantage of what he sees.

It was enough of an edge that made all the difference and calls into question all of their championships, period.
    And it would have been the worst scandal any pro sports would have ever been through.
    IMO, that is why the tapes/evidence was burned because it would have seriously damaged the reputation of the NFL.

And it is sad because they were and still are a very good team, and didn't need it to compete.
    But it is obvious that some people in that organization will stop at nothing to get an edge whether it is inside the rules (paying other players/coaches within same season) or not (filming other teams closed practices).

Blog Entries

The only thing illegal about spygate was that they used video tapes. teams always tried to get the other teams signals to gain that advantage. i thought it was blown out of proportion since day 1. most QBs and MLB diagnose the other teams plays and adjust accordingly, and today we dont use signals at all yet the same thing happens. thats odd, must be stealing radio signals now.

When teams dominate an era fans tend to think they must have an unfair advantage. Patriots spying the other teams signals or the Steelers taking steroids in the 70s. both are documented but both tend to leave out the part where other teams were doing the same or similar.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 01-18-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    -JAB

9. Re: Flacco respect from....Tom Brady!

Greeny - the Jets fan? UGH

You guys hate Brady like we have Derek Jeter. I get it.

iggyman555 Guest

jeter a cool dude, he dont be whining

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    The problem with this is that the entire team benefitted from this cheating, the entire team gained competitive advantage, and the entire team also probably knew it was cheating, and if not the ENTIRE team, then certainly its most important players.

There have been some estimates that Brady knew well over half the opposition's defensive audibles because of it. Unless Brady is Manti Te'o levels of stupid, he would have known it wasn't normal for him to have that information.
    Yeah, the entire team benefits when the runner on 2d steals the signs from the catcher, too, but it's not that exciting.

I'm not saying it was ok. I'm not saying I want the Ravens to do it. I'm just saying I can't be bothered to hate the team for years over it.

I was much more bothered by Bountygate, FWIW. I'm sure many would put them the other way around, but these relative valuations are idle chitchat among fans.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Brady 2007:
    398/578 68.9% 4806 50TD 8INT

Cassel 2008:
    327/516 63.4% 3693 21TD 11INT

Theyre really not that comparable, imo, certainly not similar enough to say its all system and ANY QB would be as good as Brady. Cassel used a much more "game manager" offense that year and rode a good defense. Brady broke records that were thought to never be broken. I dont think youre completely off base with saying that their system is very QB friendly but that doesnt take away that Brady in that system is just that much better than another QB. i think Cassels stats after leaving certainly help suggest that is QB friendly. Brady is every bit of the Elite QB hes earned.
    This.

Back when Brady was a constant thorn in the side of Pitt, I rooted hard for him and his Pats. They've caused more misery in Pittsburgh than just about any other team I can think of. Hard to hate 'em for that!

Brady is a bit of a whiner, but it's impossible to play as long as he has and miss as few games as he has, and be a "wimp" at any level. I'll be rooting hard with every fiber of my being against him this weekend, but to say he's not one of the 10 best NFL QBs of all time seems silly. That's why Sunday's win will be so sweet - nothing like beating The Best to get where you want to go!