Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco respect from....Tom Brady!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    1. The Pats have shown time and time again they respond very well after someone trash talks them. See the past 3 years v. the Jets.

2. BA didn't say anything so he would play harder. He's yapping because he's not confident. IMO. Read "Art of War" and other such works or just take a look at any bar fight. The guy who is running his yap is the guy least confident. It's the quiet, confident guy that's going to knock your ass on the ground before you have a chance to utter two words.
    Hey... if you read into that stuff be my guest.

I can come up with a bunch of examples of how sports team have talked trash all week and still won the game. The Giants both in 07 and last year come to mind....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Hmmm...I dont know how you could say he isnt in the top 20 of all time. I could see and argument for him not being in the top 5 of all time...but top 20? Really?

Can you honestly name 20 QB's who are better (or were better) than Brady?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    trent diffler

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    I really dont get why ravens fans hate Tom Brady. He is extremely humble, extremely nice and the best QB of all time.
    I don't think he is humble or nice. I don't think he is the best QB of all time, either.

But even if I DID think any of those things, I refuse to root for someone whose balls will forever be washed because he won three Super Bowls while his teams broke the rules for competitive advantage.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    I really dont get why ravens fans hate Tom Brady. He is extremely humble, extremely nice and the best QB of all time.
    Ummmm thats why we hate him lol.... all that wasted on a bunch of obnoxious Bostonians

Brady is a guy you hate while he is playing and miss when he is gone. Like it or not he is a Maestro. One of the best to play the game. That said I hope we knock him silly first time he drops back to pass and goes home calling his wife Mistress Helga.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    He is NOT the best quarterback of all-time. He is not top 20.
    LOL, as you can see from my earlier post I'm not a Brady fan in the slightest, but the guy is a top 20 QB easily and a guaranteed HOFer. There's really no way that isn't true.....at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    LOL, as you can see from my earlier post I'm not a Brady fan in the slightest, but the guy is a top 20 QB easily and a guaranteed HOFer. There's really no way that isn't true.....at all.
    Totally agree.

I think the pre-game humility is all an act. There is no whinier player in the NFL (look at how many times he begs for a flag on incidental contact). He acts spoiled/entitled, etc. But you can't take away the fact that he is one of the top 10 QBs ever to play the game. His resume alone should get him included on that list (5 AFC Championships, 3 NFL Championships, the most postseason wins by any QB in the history of the league).

I have no love for the guy, but give him his due. We may not like him, Baltimore, but we have to respect his abilities and his career.

Blog Entries

Since 2009, the Patriots and Ravens have played 5 games, twice in the playoffs. The Patriots have won 3 games, the Ravens 2. NOTE: 4/5 have been in NE.

Brady Avg:
    255.6 yards
    1 passing TD
    1.4 INTs
    0.4 rushing TD
    24.2/39 for 62%

Flacco Avg:
    254.2 yards
    1.8 passing TD
    0.8 INTs
    0 rushing TD
    21.6/33.4 for 64.7%

Brady Total:
    1278 yards
    5 passing TD
    7 INTs
    2 rushing TD
    121/195

Flacco Total:
    1271 yards
    9 passing TD
    4 INTs
    0 rushing TD
    108/167

Scores:
    2009:
    21-27 (L)
    33-14 (playoff W)

2010:
    20-23 (L)

2011:
    20-23 (playoff L)

2012:
    31-30 (W)

On a whole, Flacco has outplayed Brady. Of course Brady has played a tougher overall Ravens defense. I think Brady probably has his worst career numbers against the Ravens, of all teams. Plus we have the anomaly of the blowout playoff win where Flacco attempted just 10 passes for 34 yards.

The last 3 games have been decided by 3 points or less, both in NE and BAL. Take out the blowout and the loss margin only grows to 6 points (thank you Mark Clayton!).

Imagine if more of these games had been in BAL...
    Last edited by bt12483; 01-17-2013 at 10:27 AM.

I can't be bothered to dislike the Patriots.

It's always been easy to hate the Steelers; their team has been populated with assholes, creeps, and cheap shot artists for *years*.

I just can't be bothered to hate the Patriots. They've had a few real toolbags over the years, such as cheap shot artist Rodney Harrison and that other safety, whose name I forget, who headbutted Todd Heap, but for the most part they're just football players.

Belichik appears to be a real deal asshole, but that's not really enough to get my blood boiling.

/shrug

I still hope we kick their asses. I'm just not persuaded to think of them as the bad guys of the league.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I can't be bothered to dislike the Patriots.

It's always been easy to hate the Steelers; their team has been populated with assholes, creeps, and cheap shot artists for *years*.

I just can't be bothered to hate the Patriots. They've had a few real toolbags over the years, such as cheap shot artist Rodney Harrison and that other safety, whose name I forget, who headbutted Todd Heap, but for the most part they're just football players.

Belichik appears to be a real deal asshole, but that's not really enough to get my blood boiling.

/shrug

I still hope we kick their asses. I'm just not persuaded to think of them as the bad guys of the league.
    The modern era Steelers were never involved in a cheating scandal.

Eh.

(a) That's Belichik, not the players on the field, and

(b) The "cheating" was not exactly Ethan Hunt and his team of super spies stealing playbooks. They were stealing signals, which is bad, but when it happens in baseball nobody gets very excited. It wasn't slipping barbituates in the Jets' Gatorade cooler or anything. *That* would have been cool.

When I see Hines Ward, Joey Porter, James Harrison, Ben Roethlissberger, Knowshon Moreno, or most of the other so-called "stars" for the Steelers for the past fifteen years, I'm pissed all over again because they are various degrees of worthless human beings.

There have been precious few Patriots who bring that out in me.

Sure, Belihcik qualifies as a worthless human being. I hold him responsible for the cheating and he pops up in the news every now & then as a philandering asshole, but he's on the sideline, and really he's the only guy on that whole team who I feel that way about.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I think the pre-game humility is all an act. There is no whinier player in the NFL (look at how many times he begs for a flag on incidental contact). He acts spoiled/entitled, etc. ... We may not like him, Baltimore, but we have to respect his abilities and his career.
    I don't have to respect him.

He's a haughty, whiny dipshit.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Eh.

(a) That's Belichik, not the players on the field, and

(b) The "cheating" was not exactly Ethan Hunt and his team of super spies stealing playbooks. They were stealing signals, which is bad, but when it happens in baseball nobody gets very excited. It wasn't slipping barbituates in the Jets' Gatorade cooler or anything. *That* would have been cool.

When I see Hines Ward, Joey Porter, James Harrison, Ben Roethlissberger, Knowshon Moreno, or most of the other so-called "stars" for the Steelers for the past fifteen years, I'm pissed all over again because they are various degrees of worthless human beings.

There have been precious few Patriots who bring that out in me.

Sure, Belihcik qualifies as a worthless human being. I hold him responsible for the cheating and he pops up in the news every now & then as a philandering asshole, but he's on the sideline, and really he's the only guy on that whole team who I feel that way about.
    The problem with this is that the entire team benefitted from this cheating, the entire team gained competitive advantage, and the entire team also probably knew it was cheating, and if not the ENTIRE team, then certainly its most important players.

There have been some estimates that Brady knew well over half the opposition's defensive audibles because of it. Unless Brady is Manti Te'o levels of stupid, he would have known it wasn't normal for him to have that information.