Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: The OFFICIAL Ravens - Patriots AFC Title Game Prediction Thread

Once it sunk in that the Ravens had won in Denver, overcoming all of what they had to overcome (six days prep & travel, Bronco's bye, altitude challenge, 87 defensive plays against Indy, Peyton's streaks (2), etc.) while beating the best team in the NFL, it became clear that this team was headed for New Orleans. I have not been THAT confident since the last time the Ravens had finished off the Broncos in the postseason - 12 years ago.

Any attentive Raven fan who has witnessed the last six meetings against New England (since 2007, including the playoffs) has to come to only one conclusion. The Ravens could have and should have won all six games. The Ravens had multiple opportunities to take command in the second half of last January's AFC title game BEFORE Lee Evans' missed reception and Cundiff's missed kick. Flacco missed a wide-open Vonta Leach on a roll out for an easy TD (shortly after Brady's turnover following a go-ahead Ravens TD which made it 17-16 us; settled on an FG which made it 20-16). Later on, Ray Lewis on a subsequent 4th down, goal-line stand didn't guard against Brady's easy over-the-top QB sneak which made it 23-20 them. You can be sure those kind mistakes won't be repeated this time.

Ray Lewis' retirement announcement came at the absolutely perfect time. It has been a TOTAL team effort since then. The Ravens are clearly the most motivated team out there right now. They were already a talented, well-coached team beforehand. But now they are on a mission, doing everything it takes - big things and little things - to win. Overcoming all obstacles - internal and external. There is no quit in them.

I cannot comprehend the current point spread; makes no sense.

BAL 26
    NE 21

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    There are a couple of things about this game which worry me.

First, we, as the commentator as Slate put it, played the "high-variance strategy" against the Broncos and won last week. That is, we went for the big, chunk plays and hoped they panned out in order to score touchdowns. The interesting fact about last week is that we only had one red zone touchdown - and that was after a Denver turnover on their half of the field. We had no sustained drives that started on our side of the field and resulted in scores. Our touchdowns were as follows:

59 yard pass to Torrey Smith
    39 yard INT return for TD by Corey Graham
    32 yard pass to Torrey Smith
    1 yard run by Ray Rice (after Kruger fumble recovery in Denver territory)
    70 yard pass to Jacoby Jones

And the game winning field goal was set up by Corey Graham's INT at the Denver 45.

Do you think the NE safeties will play in this week? I don't think so. They are going to force us to manufacture sustained drives in order to score. If scoring drives will have to take 10-12 plays, that creates a lot more chances to drop the ball, sack the QB, create turnovers, etc. Everyone will have to be on top of their game on offense. No drops. No blown protection. No fumbles. No overthrows, underthrows or just bad throws. To win, we are going to have to score more than 30 points after long drives -- which means at least five scores and at least four touchdowns. That is because...

The Patriots will get their points. Ridley, Welker, Hernandez, Lloyd, Vereen, etc. all play well in space on short routes and get YAC. The D Line is going to have to pressure with four and play out of their minds -- especially Kruger and Suggs. And we will have to recapture that red zone success we had at the end of the season. I don't see the Patriots scoring less than the high twenties.

It is going to take a perfect performance from the offense and a damage-limiting performance by the defense. If the ST screws up like last week, forget it.

That's why I am nervous about this matchup. This really comes down to Joe, Ray Rice, Q, Pitta and Torrey playing flawlessly executed football and the O Line giving Joe enough time to make decisions. We can't count on the long bomb this week.

And, hopefully, BA learns to shut his mouth and maintain his lane assignment.

I hope we win, but I definitely understand why we are the underdogs in this one and would be even on a neutral field.
    I say Vince Wilfork dominates the middle and completely wipes out Ray Rice, along with NE's front seven because they don't give up a lot and force the game into the shaky hands of Joe Flacco as he goes against the NFL's greatest of all time.. Legendary Surgeon and defensive assassin Tom Brady. I also think that Welker will have a record breaking game, and Hernandez will put up some big yards and a few TDs. Rob Ninkovich will make a game changing sack, and one INT. Devin McCourty will make another INT and almost bring it back.

NE 47
    BAL 19

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Thinking View Post
    I say Vince Wilfork dominates the middle and completely wipes out Ray Rice, along with NE's front seven because they don't give up a lot and force the game into the shaky hands of Joe Flacco as he goes against the NFL's greatest of all time.. Legendary Surgeon and defensive assassin Tom Brady. I also think that Welker will have a record breaking game, and Hernandez will put up some big yards and a few TDs. Rob Ninkovich will make a game changing sack, and one INT. Devin McCourty will make another INT and almost bring it back.

NE 47
    BAL 19
    LOL. Dude...

Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    LOL. Dude...
    Screwed out of the game earlier with that missed FG because of replacement refs
    Getting back Danny Woodhead (41 pts against HOU without him still)
    Trash talked from a 4th string LB on our offense
    Hungry to get back to the SB after loosing twice to NYG
    A hungry Brandon Lloyd and Aqib Talib who are playing in their first post season..
    And playing at home IN OUR HOUSE at Gilette Stadium..

And you guys think it will even be close? yeah right...... I can see us winning in a blowout fashion

And you guys think this game will be close? That's a laugh lol

NE 47
    BAL 19
    Troll much?

Blog Entries

Please go home troll

Troll gone. No Pats fan can interrupt my filet and get away with it.

Carry on ....

Pats 35
    Ravens 28

Good luck Ravens fans. If you guys win this Sunday I will be pulling for Ed Reed to get a ring. You guys have one of the better fan forums as far as a conversing with a visiting fan.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    Pats 35
    Ravens 28

Good luck Ravens fans. If you guys win this Sunday I will be pulling for Ed Reed to get a ring. You guys have one of the better fan forums as far as a conversing with a visiting fan.
    I wouldn't go that fucking far!

If Baltimore were to win, it'd depend on who they face. If they play SF I'd be rooting for Baltimore, because something about Kaeperprick just rubs me the wrong way. If they go against ATL I'd love to see my dude Natty Ice win it all.

No Weapon!!!

Team of Destiny!!!

One last Ride!!!

Ravens 41
    Patriots 31

NOLA bound ...

Ravens 27 Patriots 21

Banzai Bitch.jpg
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Screwed out of the game earlier with that missed FG because of replacement refs
    Getting back Danny Woodhead (41 pts against HOU without him still)
    Trash talked from a 4th string LB on our offense
    Hungry to get back to the SB after loosing twice to NYG
    A hungry Brandon Lloyd and Aqib Talib who are playing in their first post season..
    And playing at home IN OUR HOUSE at Gilette Stadium..

And you guys think it will even be close? yeah right...... I can see us winning in a blowout fashion

And you guys think this game will be close? That's a laugh lol
    Wow, you are a bigger loser than I even realized. Are you serious dude?
    Trashed talked from a 4th string LB? lol. Who cares? Yeah I'm sure that's gonna pump up your O line when AB is on the bench! Missed field goal? Really? Take off the red and blue glasses. That kick was good and it's hilarious with all the bs that's gone your team's way in the past that youd even mention that. You are the epitome of a whiny bitch stereotypical Boston fan that gives all Boston fans a bad name. You can even spell the world LOSE for crying out loud. Get an education and then find a life... for the love of monkeys...
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"