Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why does the media fixate on the "End of Dynasty" or "Time to Blow it up"? Lol!

The Patriots just lost an AFC Championship.... This just after playing in a Superbowl, and who the hell knows how many concurrent trips to the playoffs. They are a great team with a good defense, who will continue to be great if they just continue to build and tweak, (as they have) around the QB. They will be right back in it next year. And I hear Tom Brady is going in a Vaginectomy Procedure in the offseason. So they should be a tougher group next season.

The same with the Falcons... Jesus christ.... Fire Mike Smith...? Are you freaking crazy. They are an offensive juggernaut was up close to 20pts at the half of both of their playoff games. The fact they gave up those leads means they need add something on the defensive side of the ball. Not fire the coach.

I think the fact that these teams didn't win it all this year is just proof of how hard it is to win in the NFL.

Re: Why does the media fixate on the "End of Dynasty" or "Time to Blow it up"? Lol!

Nothing would please me more than to have the Patriots out of the playoffs for a few decades. As it stands, I don't see anyone else in that division ready to challenge them. They'll be in the playoffs for a few more years at least. As far as calling them a dynasty, without winning the big game for a while I think that is overstating what they have accomplished.

Re: Why does the media fixate on the "End of Dynasty" or "Time to Blow it up"? Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Nothing would please me more than to have the Patriots out of the playoffs for a few decades. As it stands, I don't see anyone else in that division ready to challenge them. They'll be in the playoffs for a few more years at least. As far as calling them a dynasty, without winning the big game for a while I think that is overstating what they have accomplished.
    Who'd we play then? :p

If the Patriots decline, and if Manning's going to be out in a couple of years, then the conference can get pretty ripe for a run of Ravens dominance. Aside from Luck, all the scary QBs of the future are in the NFC: RGIII, Wilson, Cam, Kaepernick, Rodgers, Eli, Stafford.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post

If the Patriots decline, and if Manning's going to be out in a couple of years, then the conference can get pretty ripe for a run of Ravens dominance. Aside from Luck, all the scary QBs of the future are in the NFC: RGIII, Wilson, Cam, Kaepernick, Rodgers, Eli, Stafford.
    Stafford?

And outside of GB. NYG, and maybe SF, now that they have a coach... the rest of those teams haven't shown that they can sustain any consistency at winning football games, regardless who's behind center.

5. Re: Why does the media fixate on the "End of Dynasty" or "Time to Blow it up"? Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    The Patriots just lost an AFC Championship.... This just after playing in a Superbowl, and who the hell knows how many concurrent trips to the playoffs.
    I'd guess that they've made the playoffs every year since (at least) 2004 except 2008 (when they went 11-5). If I were feeling gutsy I'd go as far back as 2001 (but I feel like there were a couple of early Brady years where they didn't make it).

Blog Entries

fuck the patriots and they shouldn't win shit, cheating gets you nowhere in life, and rightfully so karma is a muthafucka

Priceless video and picture from the Boston Globe.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...B7I/story.html
    fla_rave

Quote Originally Posted by FLA_Rave View Post

That is awesome!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post

That's an interesting point. The NFC really is the conference of quarterbacks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's an interesting point. The NFC really is the conference of quarterbacks.
    No doubt, they are primed for a good while it would seem.

The Patriots will still be relevant, given the division is going to be total garbage for the foreseeable future.

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

I don't personally condone all the trash talking after the game, but that is EXACTLY the arrogance that Suggs was talking about. Those fans just think it is their god-given right to get to the Super Bowl every year (especially if the championship game is at home). You get that attitude from them when you go to a game up there.

I never take playoff games for granted...and I savor every winning season...and I do think about the teams and fanbases that the Ravens have eliminated through the years: Miami, Tennessee, Kansas City....none have made it back. The Patriots have ended far more seasons up on Foxboro, and as Shannon Sharpe said, they've been very arrogant when going about it.

"How do you like them apples?"