Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: The OFFICIAL Ravens - Patriots AFC Title Game Prediction Thread

Ravens 27
    Pats 17
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    If that happens, I might just spontaneously combust. If the latter happens, fit me for a straight jacket....
    The problem with picking a game is you can't predict special teams or turnovers (the deciding factor last week). So I just got a feeling we win 38 -10 or 28 -24 loss.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    We win big or lose a close one.
    Have a similar feeling for whichever reason.

Blog Entries

There are a couple of things about this game which worry me.

First, we, as the commentator as Slate put it, played the "high-variance strategy" against the Broncos and won last week. That is, we went for the big, chunk plays and hoped they panned out in order to score touchdowns. The interesting fact about last week is that we only had one red zone touchdown - and that was after a Denver turnover on their half of the field. We had no sustained drives that started on our side of the field and resulted in scores. Our touchdowns were as follows:

59 yard pass to Torrey Smith
    39 yard INT return for TD by Corey Graham
    32 yard pass to Torrey Smith
    1 yard run by Ray Rice (after Kruger fumble recovery in Denver territory)
    70 yard pass to Jacoby Jones

And the game winning field goal was set up by Corey Graham's INT at the Denver 45.

Do you think the NE safeties will play in this week? I don't think so. They are going to force us to manufacture sustained drives in order to score. If scoring drives will have to take 10-12 plays, that creates a lot more chances to drop the ball, sack the QB, create turnovers, etc. Everyone will have to be on top of their game on offense. No drops. No blown protection. No fumbles. No overthrows, underthrows or just bad throws. To win, we are going to have to score more than 30 points after long drives -- which means at least five scores and at least four touchdowns. That is because...

The Patriots will get their points. Ridley, Welker, Hernandez, Lloyd, Vereen, etc. all play well in space on short routes and get YAC. The D Line is going to have to pressure with four and play out of their minds -- especially Kruger and Suggs. And we will have to recapture that red zone success we had at the end of the season. I don't see the Patriots scoring less than the high twenties.

It is going to take a perfect performance from the offense and a damage-limiting performance by the defense. If the ST screws up like last week, forget it.

That's why I am nervous about this matchup. This really comes down to Joe, Ray Rice, Q, Pitta and Torrey playing flawlessly executed football and the O Line giving Joe enough time to make decisions. We can't count on the long bomb this week.

And, hopefully, BA learns to shut his mouth and maintain his lane assignment.

I hope we win, but I definitely understand why we are the underdogs in this one and would be even on a neutral field.

I hope they employ that strategy and leave the middle open for RR Pitta/Dickson and Q to go bonkers. Pulling the safeties deep will allow is to control the clock and keep Brady on the bench.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by timmyonfleet View Post
    I hope they employ that strategy and leave the middle open for RR Pitta/Dickson and Q to go bonkers. Pulling the safeties deep will allow is to control the clock and keep Brady on the bench.
    Hope you are right. How is their LB corps?

I don't see sustained drives being as hard against NE's D but who knows. I like our chances though.

I know they got mayo Hightower and spikes back there. Those guys are solid but how many lb's are sticking with any of our middle of the field weapons 1 on 1

35-31 Ravens, and I don't think it will be as close as that score looks.

I think we take a 2 score lead into the fourth quarter, and hold on. This week we don't spot the team 14 points, and Brady throws us a pick. Flacco continues his interception-free streak, and the Ravens silence the crowd by scoring touchdowns. We end it in the victory formation, with smiles all around.

Honestly, the Patriots are scary and all... but I'm confident. This team is on a mission like the Steelers were in 2005. This is the year we get over the hump, the torch is officially passed, and Ray Ray ends his career like the Legend that he is.

Blog Entries

This is going to be a great one. Last week I was filled with dread. This week it's confidence. This Ravens team is so focused. This is exactly what they all wanted. It won't be easy but it will be fun and satisfying at the end

Ravens 31
    Patriots 27

11. Re: The OFFICIAL Ravens - Patriots AFC Title Game Prediction Thread

It will be a tough out looking at it now. Who knows what will happen once Sunday hits, but this team is simmering underneath IMO. They really, really wanted this matchup and I think the whole team is playing with confidence. I could be very wrong, and rightfully so, but I'll go with a 41-20 victory. Even if they protect against the deep ball, we'll find ways to go deep and Boldin should get some nice touches. I wouldn't be surprised if Rice and Pierce get more looks this week just to rest the D up and keep Brady off the field. Their LB's should struggle with containing Pitta and Dickson. Exposing them in coverage should be our emphasis IMO. However the biggest reason why I think we'll win is because we want it more.

Blog Entries

I have no idea but I expect a higher scoring game, especially since all games last weekend were so high scoring. I am rolling with the good guys

Ravens 38
    Pats 34

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!