Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who was the guy

Blog Entries

Re: Who was the guy

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    No, not a joke. Of what part I said came across as comical? I understand what a PR Director does and what their duties are. Just happening to be background, having full knowledge of when cameras will be on the team's marquee player on the sideline, in the interview or as he runs off the field is what I am referring to.

If what you said, 'It's their job to be in the background', then why not be around the other players as well, as opposed to the aforementioned scenario?
    So the only shred of evidence that this guy is an attention whore and a douche, is that he chooses to stand around Ray Lewis basically all the time.

Did you consider that, as the guy who's been around the roster for the longest, Ray might be closer to him than most other players?

It's not like the guy is getting in front of other Ravens, pushing his name around, trying to ACTUALLY get everyone's attention.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

No, not a joke. Of what part I said came across as comical? .........
    If what you said, 'It's their job to be in the background', then why not be around the other players as well, as opposed to the aforementioned scenario?
    Because Morgan Cox doesn't get interviewed, maybe?
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

He's always in the background because his job is to be within earshot of every press interaction our players have. He's around Ray a lot because the media is always interested in hearing from Ray. He's also around Flacco, Rice, and Torrey a lot.

It's almost as if... He's actually always around the media!
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Is this the same guy in the preseason just gone who told Joe he wasn't able to talk to the media cause the ravens were on offense?

in a 2012 preseason game after Joe had been taken out of the game after the initial series, the interviewer started talking to him on the sideline, but this guy jumped in on the interview and said not right now, ravens are offense, joe can only interview when the team is on D??

He came across as a super moody jobsworth..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    He used to be a Baltimore city cop.
    He's the guy who accidentally shot himself in the hip while attending a MD basketball game with Steve Bisciotti.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=1758416
    So wait, the Head Guy for security shot himself at a basketball game? Lol. And his only other claim to fame is that he was a Baltimore City PD? Thats actually quite funny.

No, not a joke. Of what part I said came across as comical?
    For starters, the whore and douche part made you look particularly comical.

I understand what a PR Director does and what their duties are. Just happening to be background, having full knowledge of when cameras will be on the team's marquee player on the sideline, in the interview or as he runs off the field is what I am referring to.
    Clearly you don't know what a PR person does. And you're assuming that because you see him in the background sometimes that he's "having full knowledge" of the cameras. He probably doesn't give a rats ass where the cameras are and is focused on getting his players to their media sessions.

Uhh, because "other players" are not interviewed and given access to the media as much as the marquee players.

No, not a joke. Of what part I said came across as comical? I understand what a PR Director does and what their duties are. Just happening to be background, having full knowledge of when cameras will be on the team's marquee player on the sideline, in the interview or as he runs off the field is what I am referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Clearly you don't know what a PR person does. And you're assuming that because you see him in the background sometimes that he's "having full knowledge" of the cameras. He probably doesn't give a rats ass where the cameras are and is focused on getting his players to their media sessions.

Uhh, because "other players" are not interviewed and given access to the media as much as the marquee players.
    Exactly. As part of their broadcast rights, CBS gets an on-field interview with a player...usually the player of the game...so in the closing minutes of a game, the cameras are going to be focused on that player (because, you know, Morgan Cox may be a handsome dude, but unless he did something spectacular, the cameras are going to be elsewhere).

So Chad's job is to make sure that the player is aware he is getting interviewed - which by the nature of many games means he needs to wait to the end - and to get him to the on-field reporter/cameraman right after the game. CBS is not going to wait around for 10 minutes while Ray shakes the hands of the players and coaches on the other team; he needs to get him to the spot immediately.

That is why you always see him in the background. To suggest otherwise is just plain ignorance of his job.