Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Really?

Jaws and Sims pretty much praise everybody. If they aren't going to praise you, then they don't talk about you unless they're stuck talking about a particular game.

If the Flacco Haters were consistent in their criticisms, I'd not mind it. But Brady- or even Romo for years- could overthrow a receiver and it's just a bad throw. Flacco does it, and it's proof positive he's not an NFL QB.

Blog Entries

We're talking about a guy who once had a 0.0 passer rating one game. LOL!
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravengirl View Post
    Don't take anything seriously on ESPN (Extra Special Patriots Network). That's what I've started doing.
    On the OriolesHangout, we like to call it yESPNesn. But, I guess Bahstan and New York markets pay the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    He is a Bostonite anyway. Now, he rants about he thinks that the Ravens will be tired? Really? Half the starters missed most of the year, they they played Saturday afternoon (not Sunday night) and given an extra day off.
    I think the funny thing that no one is mentioning is that we have played a lot more snaps on D this year.. I know these games were a bit more than usual, but I think they are used to it (i.e. regular season has prepped them).. this was a question to Haloti:

On how difficult it is to overcome playing so many snaps the last two weeks and how the team is handling it: “I don’t think it’s difficult. I think we are just doing a great job of being bent but not being broken. We’re just a defense that has, I think, been playing a lot of snaps throughout the whole year. I think we are doing well with it, and hopefully, we can do a better job of not playing as much, but if we do, I think we’ll do well with it and hopefully come out with the win.”

Somehow I think they will muster the energy for the rematch

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Jaws and Sims pretty much praise everybody. If they aren't going to praise you, then they don't talk about you unless they're stuck talking about a particular game.

If the Flacco Haters were consistent in their criticisms, I'd not mind it. But Brady- or even Romo for years- could overthrow a receiver and it's just a bad throw. Flacco does it, and it's proof positive he's not an NFL QB.
    On Around The Horn and PTI this evening, only one person gave Flacco any credit. One. Everyone else said the Broncos threw the game away, as if the Ravens had nothing to do with the outcome. Then, unsurprisingly (but still frustrating) they turn around and ballwashed Matt Ryan for making two throws to get the Falcons into FG range to win a game. Mindboggling, frankly.

By the way, it was Michael Smith who finally said something along the lines of, "Is that what you saw? Because I saw Flacco make throws, make big plays all game, hit receivers, lead his team 77 yards in 30 seconds with no timeouts." Then he picked the Ravens to win the Super Bowl (and was mocked by the other pundits).

The entire NFL Game Day Morning crew gave Joe all kinds of props yesterday and again today.

The "What Everyone Thinks of the Ravens" Thread -- Post Your Media Musings Here

We did this last season during the playoffs and it was a success ....

So I've merged the multiple threads dealing with the punditry into this one.

Now you bipeds with scant epidural layers now have a one stop shop to vent your disagreements with the so called experts.

Have at it folks .....

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The entire NFL Game Day Morning crew gave Joe all kinds of props yesterday and again today.
    Yes they did. But I don't think their headquarters are in Bristol, Connecticut (aka Patriot country)

Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

Quote Originally Posted by dreamjo View Post

on an unrelated note, this picture is hilarious

Attachment 1311
    That is effing awesome.

Anyways, as far as the media surrounding Joe's eliteness or anything else for that matter.. the ridiculousness of writing articles and making comments intentionally taking the point of view to piss people off for traffic is getting sickening. These "analysts" or "writers" are just useless people who could be paid $10/hr to write BS pieces to rile fans up. Most of these media outlets need to drop about 3/4 of their staff and keep people that actually know how to analyze sports. Instead of getting actual useful information and trying to spread knowledge and understanding about the game, they are all becoming the TMZ of sports. Just turn on espn from the hours of like 1-5pm... it's disgusting.

Ok, you know I can respect Steve Young or even Trent Dilfer when they talk about football. Tim Hasslebeck?? Really?

Tim Hasselbeck's big claim to fame was.......NOTHING. He was a loser washout that played 4 seasons with 4 different teams, amounted to nothing, and he has the balls to be on NFL32 saying anything about Joe Flacco?

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Yes they did. But I don't think their headquarters are in Bristol, Connecticut (aka Patriot country)
    So?

It's not like they're FROM Bristol. By that logic, the NFL Game Day crew should be all Chargers fans since they broadcast from SoCal.

The only person from ESPN that I've heard give us any props is Michael Smith when he was on Around the Horn today.

Not only was he the only panel member to say it was the Ravens winning and not the Broncos losing, but when they asked who of the final four could win it all, he said Baltimore. He was throwing so many stats out about Flacco and his performance the past few years it was crazy.

I've always liked Michael Smith, because he knows how to be objective and not have his head up his ass. He's probably the only analyst at ESPN I can respect, and its not because he sided with my opinion, its because he doesn't go with the rest of the sheep and actually voices his opinion.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis