Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    I wouldn't say that (the bold part). Brady drove the Patriots down the field against the Giants for a go-ahead score in their first SB match-up, and then Little Brother threw the desperation prayer that stuck to Tyree's helmet. That crazy catch was a good thing for football fans across the country, or there wouldn't be any NFL talking heads- they'd all still be slobbering over Brady's knob.
    Yeah then he got 52 seconds and 2 timeouts to get in field goal range and failed.

The Ravens are the Raiders of our generation. They are a nasty gritty team that wins a lot but in very unsexy way. They are a thorn in the side of the Patriots, Steelers, and now the Broncos, who all have a large national fanbases. The national media is always going to take a negative slant on the Ravens b/c of that. WRT Joe, he is an obvious whipping target b/c his game isnt exactly poetry in motion, but some how gets it done. Also, his demeanor makes him an easy target. Face it, belittling Joe is the 'IN' thing to do and just like lemmings to a cliff, all the national media follows suit. Oh well F THEM.

Ok he aint pretty and frustratingly inconsistent at times, but for Christ sakes, every Raven fan should be rooting for Joe. Sometimes this season it really felt like some Ravens fans were rooting Joe to fail, which is bullshit.

eh, i've been a fan since this team's inception and it's always been the same. sure, at one point it did seem as if the team were made up of hardened criminals and bad people. but in the past five years, harbs has turned this team and its image around in great ways. lombardi, no lombardi they're never going to get ALL of the respect they deserve, but they'll get some. at this point i'm in agreeance with another poster in that the more they hate, the more our guys get 'fueled' so to speak. eh, let 'em talk..we still gotta play the game. ask manning.

Flacco has a 101 QB rating over his last 6 playoff games. Going back 3 years. 12 TDs, 2 INTs, averaging 247 yards per game. That is pretty good.

So with the media, after saturdays game, nothing has changed with the media. Been like that for a while now, but Joe and the Ravens are setting records, beating the no 1 seed this weekend, and now play their third time in five years for AFC title. One day, if not already, football fans will realize the talking heads are making money running their mouths like O'Reilly,What's the fat guys name, and every douche bag wantabe footplayer who has an answer for who will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Brady just passed Joe Montana in playoff wins. I don't think it's disrespectful for them to say they're favored at home

"to be the best you have to beat the best"
    Favored at home and a 9 point spread are two different things. Considering how well we play them, how well we have played in the playoffs, and the last couple meetings between the teams, there is no way they should be favored by over a touchdown to beat us.

Ross Tucker on the NFL on Sirius said that Flacco was easily a top 10 QB. He said he never understood the crap Flacco got from the local media.

Really?

NFL32 with Tim Hassleback, Antonio Pierce, Wendi Nix, and I forgot the other guy's name (He's the guy that is the insider for ESPN).

Hassleback goes into a long diatribe and video session of 4 throws that Flacco didn't make and claims that if Moore would have made the play at the end of the game, that's all anybody would be talking about...

Antonio Pierce just looked at him and laughed and asked, "Are you serious? Don't you think you're being a little harsh?" Hassleback says, "No! Everyone want to praise Flacco but he doesn't make plays to win games."

At this point the whole crew is looking at him like he's fucking crazy.

What the hell is with these folks hating on this kid. OK we get it. He said he was elite. Let it go. Get past it.

It's to the point that they have to invent shit to make the guy look bad.

Blog Entries

Re: Really?

I never even remember Eli Manning getting this much hate before his second SB, and he was pretty damn well hated in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I never even remember Eli Manning getting this much hate before his second SB, and he was pretty damn well hated in the media.
    I wish somebody else would have seen it. Antonio Pierce was at a loss for words that he actually had video of four throws that Flacco missed. He asked him, "What about the third down play and all the clutch throws?"

I just don't understand it. I mean, I don't expect the media to ball wash the guy but at least be fair.
    Last edited by dscola31; 01-14-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Blog Entries

lmao this shit is laughable at this point, bring the hate its like energon for optimus prime. Flacco getting ready to shut mafuckas up permanently.

Blog Entries

They have to take opposite positions and get into it with each other to drive fan responses... like this thread.
    It works!

I heard Jaws really praising Flacco today; it's going to be one of those weeks.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The same sheet happened to Billick. Some jackass in the media called him the Offensive Genius. Brian never said he was.

Joe was asked if he thought the was ELITE. Of course he is going to say YES. WTF, you gonna say NO????

Good Lord

Hasselbeck lost his mind with his hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Hasselbeck lost his mind with his hair.

He had hair? I mean Mind!