Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

I think we should have a new subforum and call it "Who Is Disrespecting Us Now," and then there would be one place for all these posts & threads about random people who say things we don't like.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I think we should have a new subforum and call it "Who Is Disrespecting Us Now," and then there would be one place for all these posts & threads about random people who say things we don't like.
    Eureka!

"Bulletin Board Material"
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly bothered by the continued rhetoric that we have no chance.

Blog Entries

Brady just passed Joe Montana in playoff wins. I don't think it's disrespectful for them to say they're favored at home

"to be the best you have to beat the best"

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Brady just passed Joe Montana in playoff wins. I don't think it's disrespectful for them to say they're favored at home.
    That is not what he's saying...and it is not what got me (admittedly) riled up.

The discounting of Flacco's record and the lumping of Flacco in with Kaepernick and Ryan was the more objectionable parts, imo.

Speaking of Brady's 17 playoff wins, take this quote for instance...

Brady’s 17 career playoff wins are nearly double the nine combined postseason wins for Flacco, Ryan and Kaepernick.
    Gee...who has 7 of those 9...and had any 48 hours ago?

I think I understand the point he was trying to make...the trashing of Flacco's on-the-field, earned performance, is what has really gotten in my craw (what is a "craw" by the way?).

Blog Entries

Joe Flacco is better than Tom Brady. I don't give a fuck about Brady's 3 superbowls with cheating and a top 1 defense. I don't give a shit about him completing 8 yard passes for 35 YAC after having 5 seconds to throw. I don't give a shit about all the times he's been "the hero" after being bailed out by bogus illegal contact/defensive holding. He's never had a game-winning touchdown drive in the playoffs in his career. And he never will.

Blog Entries

wathcin NFLA am and Espn this morning all you can hear is how the broncos lost this one, and Kapernick and Matt Ryan, not one single compliment to Flacco, not a thing about Joe whatsoever. Nothing about Joe outplaying the Great Peyton Manning..just nothing

Blog Entries

I can't watch ESPN anymore. I have friends who work there too and have told them that. They tell me that they are in the ratings business and whatever gets most of the nation watching is all they care about. They also tell me that I too old since I'm over 40 and not in the demographic that they are trying to attract.

I've found that everytime I rant to someone about these articles, I'M the one who sounds like a crazy person. The are just so damn frustrating because these writers are not even trying to do a thorough job.

So I stopped paying attention to them. Neither should anyone else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    I've found that everytime I rant to someone about these articles, I'M the one who sounds like a crazy person. The are just so damn frustrating because these writers are not even trying to do a thorough job.

So I stopped paying attention to them. Neither should anyone else.
    its like they are avoiding the facts all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly bothered by the continued rhetoric that we have no chance.
    I'm not and I hope they heap it on more. You think our guys aren't hearing it on TV or reading it in print? This FUELS our guys. If it bothers us as fans, what do you think it does to our guys who have been leaving it all on the field each week and still not getting their respect? They are taking it all in...just like before the Denver game. So let everyone count us out again...it's free gas in the Ravens tank.

No weapon!