Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 247
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB



    Brady just passed Joe Montana in playoff wins. I don't think it's disrespectful for them to say they're favored at home

    "to be the best you have to beat the best"
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  2. #17

    Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Brady just passed Joe Montana in playoff wins. I don't think it's disrespectful for them to say they're favored at home.
    That is not what he's saying...and it is not what got me (admittedly) riled up.

    The discounting of Flacco's record and the lumping of Flacco in with Kaepernick and Ryan was the more objectionable parts, imo.

    Speaking of Brady's 17 playoff wins, take this quote for instance...

    Brady’s 17 career playoff wins are nearly double the nine combined postseason wins for Flacco, Ryan and Kaepernick.
    Gee...who has 7 of those 9...and had any 48 hours ago?

    I think I understand the point he was trying to make...the trashing of Flacco's on-the-field, earned performance, is what has really gotten in my craw (what is a "craw" by the way?).




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,959
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

    Joe Flacco is better than Tom Brady. I don't give a fuck about Brady's 3 superbowls with cheating and a top 1 defense. I don't give a shit about him completing 8 yard passes for 35 YAC after having 5 seconds to throw. I don't give a shit about all the times he's been "the hero" after being bailed out by bogus illegal contact/defensive holding. He's never had a game-winning touchdown drive in the playoffs in his career. And he never will.




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    7,203
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

    wathcin NFLA am and Espn this morning all you can hear is how the broncos lost this one, and Kapernick and Matt Ryan, not one single compliment to Flacco, not a thing about Joe whatsoever. Nothing about Joe outplaying the Great Peyton Manning..just nothing




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,056
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

    I can't watch ESPN anymore. I have friends who work there too and have told them that. They tell me that they are in the ratings business and whatever gets most of the nation watching is all they care about. They also tell me that I too old since I'm over 40 and not in the demographic that they are trying to attract.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  6. #21

    Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

    I've found that everytime I rant to someone about these articles, I'M the one who sounds like a crazy person. The are just so damn frustrating because these writers are not even trying to do a thorough job.

    So I stopped paying attention to them. Neither should anyone else.




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    7,203
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    I've found that everytime I rant to someone about these articles, I'M the one who sounds like a crazy person. The are just so damn frustrating because these writers are not even trying to do a thorough job.

    So I stopped paying attention to them. Neither should anyone else.
    its like they are avoiding the facts all together.




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    609

    Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly bothered by the continued rhetoric that we have no chance.
    I'm not and I hope they heap it on more. You think our guys aren't hearing it on TV or reading it in print? This FUELS our guys. If it bothers us as fans, what do you think it does to our guys who have been leaving it all on the field each week and still not getting their respect? They are taking it all in...just like before the Denver game. So let everyone count us out again...it's free gas in the Ravens tank.




  9. #24

    Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

    No weapon!




  10. #25

    Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

    Collin COWARD didn't waste anytime on his show today to pull an Ashley "FUCK! Why did I say that!" Fox. He said within the first 2 minutes of his show that we have no chance vs the Patriots and that they are going to blow us away.

    I was excited to wake up and hear some praise...never came. I know ESPN is the land of the free and the home of the Patriots but this is disgusting. Atleast give us ONE DAY to COMPLEMENT us for beating your love bird Peyton Manning in HIS HOUSE when NO ONE gave a chance to, before you go give us more "no one believes in us" material.

    I'm actually really excited to hear Bill Simmon's podcast today and Wednesday along with his column on Friday. He may not know what he's talking about with the X's and O's, but atleast I know he gives us a very good shot vs his Patriots and I respect that. Any person out there who doesn't give us a chance vs New England is just asking for trouble and has never watched us play the past 6 years.




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Westmonster
    Posts
    570

    Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

    Perfect scenario:

    Ravens make it to the superbowl. Defense gives up a TD in the last 2 minutes of the game. Flacco takes the ravens down the field and wins the game on a last second touchdown.

    ESPN analysts should have to eat a plate of Crow on the first monday night with the chef being - Ray Lewis...




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    OCMD
    Posts
    467

    Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

    Yeah, it does get tiresome. Image for a minute if the tables were turned - Peyton threw the 70 yd bomb to tie the game, and Joe threw the two pics, one returned for a touchdown and one in overtime to give Denver field position to win the game. All you would read is how Joe didn't step up and how the great Peyton carried his team to the win. All I know is, Peyton has 9 playoff wins in 14 years, eight times one and done. Joe Floacco has 7 layoff wins, 0 one and done.
    .
    .

    There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

    There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…



    "We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,533
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Joe Flacco is better than Tom Brady. I don't give a fuck about Brady's 3 superbowls with cheating and a top 1 defense. I don't give a shit about him completing 8 yard passes for 35 YAC after having 5 seconds to throw. I don't give a shit about all the times he's been "the hero" after being bailed out by bogus illegal contact/defensive holding. He's never had a game-winning touchdown drive in the playoffs in his career. And he never will.
    I wouldn't say that (the bold part). Brady drove the Patriots down the field against the Giants for a go-ahead score in their first SB match-up, and then Little Brother threw the desperation prayer that stuck to Tyree's helmet. That crazy catch was a good thing for football fans across the country, or there wouldn't be any NFL talking heads- they'd all still be slobbering over Brady's knob.




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,533
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    Collin COWARD didn't waste anytime on his show today to pull an Ashley "FUCK! Why did I say that!" Fox. He said within the first 2 minutes of his show that we have no chance vs the Patriots and that they are going to blow us away.

    I was excited to wake up and hear some praise...never came. I know ESPN is the land of the free and the home of the Patriots but this is disgusting. Atleast give us ONE DAY to COMPLEMENT us for beating your love bird Peyton Manning in HIS HOUSE when NO ONE gave a chance to, before you go give us more "no one believes in us" material.

    I'm actually really excited to hear Bill Simmon's podcast today and Wednesday along with his column on Friday. He may not know what he's talking about with the X's and O's, but atleast I know he gives us a very good shot vs his Patriots and I respect that. Any person out there who doesn't give us a chance vs New England is just asking for trouble and has never watched us play the past 6 years.
    After Flacco beats the Patriots Sunday, we're going to hear how unfair it was the Ravens had an extra day to prep for the game...




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    440

    Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

    As I sit here listening to the SiriusXM Blitz with Adam Schein and Rich Gannon, Adam is readily eating crow and saying he was wrong about Flacco and the Ravens, and Rich said that there was a very good chance the Ravens will roll into New England and come away with a win.

    On the SiriusXM NFL Radio network these guys were the least likely to give the Ravens any love, but they have always been honest about their reasons for their opinions. Certainly today they are not saying it was a Broncos loss, it was a Ravens win (and if special teams hadn't failed it wouldn't have been close.)

    I suggest if people want to hear some (reasonably) balanced NFL coverage go ahead and pony up for at least the internet streaming SiriusXM access if not a radio as well. It is a lot better than the other crap you guys are listening to, and by spending a few bucks 'voting' for content you want to hear will, over time, sway the content of other providers like ESPN.

    Everyone follows the $.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland