Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Flacco had nothing to do with that. The waterboy deserves more credit than Flacco for the points the offense scored.
    What?

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm....^

Bradshaw is an idiot - http://www.ihatejjr.com/content/nutr...rips-ray-lewis

He apparently ranted on about Ray Lewis constantly announcing he's gonna retire and to do it already among other things.. Apparently the NY media had to correct him because he didn't know WTF he was talking about.

Bonus, nice 70's picture of him looking like a D-bag in the article I linked..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    Bradshaw is an idiot.
    I am just waiting for someone on camera to cut him off with something on the order of Stupidity may play well with the fans in Pittsburgh but it doesn't fly here. Not holding my breath thouggh...

From "Tuesday Morning Quarterback":

The Ravens never quit, despite trailing in high altitude and facing the league's No. 2 defense. Baltimore's reshuffled offensive line had a terrific night, opening holes for 155 yards rushing on the road and holding the vaunted Denver front seven to one sack and three hits on Joe Flacco. Tackle Bryant McKinnie is an enigma -- either terrible or great -- and Saturday, he was great. Marshal Yanda had a perfect pull-trap block on a 32-yard Ray Rice run that set up a touchdown. Baltimore's aging front seven sacked Peyton Manning thrice and hit him five times -- Manning gets antsy when he's hit, and this showed in the overtime interception. The aging Nevermores defense allowed only one play of at least 30 yards. Baltimore scored a defensive touchdown.

Had positions been reversed, and Peyton Manning done what Joe Flacco did to win this game, today the sports press would be falling all over itself to say that Manning played a game for the ages. Why aren't touts saying Flacco just did that? Three touchdown passes and no interceptions in an overtime playoff victory on the road as an underdog. Manning is 9-11 on his career in postseason games, Flacco is 7-4. Yet Manning is showered with effusive praise while all Flacco ever hears is complaints. And don't bother to compare their endorsement deals!

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/sto...ng-nfl-tactics

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Re: The "What Everyone Thinks of the Ravens" Thread -- Post Your Media Musings Here

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I almost started a thread on this and I still may. WTF is up with all of these Baltimore media outlets using BELIEVE as their rallying cry? seriously? every team that uses believe sucks and they know they have no shot. Please stop it!

Signed Believeland
    Wasn't the old city motto Believe (or as some joked, Beleed)? Jerry Rice picked us on the NFL Network this morning.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    Seriously, that bothers you? I think it's a fitting word for this team right now given how far they've come and how close to the big dance they are.
    It bothers me because loser team use it when they know they have no shot.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: The "What Everyone Thinks of the Ravens" Thread -- Post Your Media Musings Here

http://professional.wsj.com/article/...615883422.html

Wall Street Journal says us and Atlanta could be spent since we were both drained at the end of our games. On the other hand,

But breathless finishes don't always lead to trouble. Of the six teams that have won a conference championship game in the final seconds, four went on to win the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    http://professional.wsj.com/article/...615883422.html

Wall Street Journal says us and Atlanta could be spent since we were both drained at the end of our games. On the other hand,
    I don't understand this at all. It's like these people don't know that some of our players were out for weeks and have fresh legs (Lewis, Ellerbe, Suggs, McKinnie).

The defense will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I don't understand this at all. It's like these people don't know that some of our players were out for weeks and have fresh legs (Lewis, Ellerbe, Suggs, McKinnie).

The defense will be fine.
    Gumbel brought up players being tired when the fourth Qtr comes around. Guess they did well in the 4th Qtr, 5th Qtr and pooped out in the 6th Qtr(oh yea, Tucker kicked the winning field goal and the defense finally got some rest)LOL

iggyman555 Guest

so having an extra day of rest playing on saturday, i assume team should be fresh?

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Gumbel brought up players being tired when the fourth Qtr comes around. Guess they did well in the 4th Qtr, 5th Qtr and pooped out in the 6th Qtr(oh yea, Tucker kicked the winning field goal and the defense finally got some rest)LOL
    According to Harbaugh, the guys were actually MORE energetic as the game progressed.