Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Flacco...just another inexperienced playoff QB

After the Ravens beat the ex-Baltimore Colts the other week Don Banks (SI) wrote a piece and in the FIRST PARAGRAPH he says the Ravens will lose in Denver.

"So Ray Lewis got to take his victory lap, and the Baltimore Ravens get to live another week. I hope they all enjoyed Sunday's 24-9 playoff conquest of the Indianapolis Colts at M&T Bank Stadium, because next week in Denver could be a very, very different story in the AFC Divisional round. And by that I mean very similar to the way things went when the Ravens last played the Broncos, in Week 15 at home."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...lts/index.html

To his credit he's praising the Ravens this week.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...?sct=uk_t11_a2

"All told, even with the 23-17 loss in Cincinnati added into the mix, the Ravens under Caldwell have averaged 450.8 yards of offense and 28 points over their past four games, with superb balance (188.8 yards rushing and 262.0 passing). Baltimore is playing the dangerous underdog role in this year's playoffs, and the change at offensive coordinator was the spark for the only team left in the postseason that didn't have a first-round bye.
    Under Caldwell's steady, no-drama direction, Flacco has flourished in the past month, looking confident and comfortable as the Ravens have returned to more of the up-tempo approach that they had gotten away from as the regular season progressed."
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    Skip gives us props ...
    This season just jumped the shark.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Health Evans is a big, fizzy douche.
    That idiot actually said that on the pick 6 since all TD's are reviewed the booth should've caught the PI on Chykie and reversed the TD.

Darren Sharper just looked at him like he's on crack.

What a dick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    That idiot actually said that on the pick 6 since all TD's are reviewed the booth should've caught the PI on Chykie and reversed the TD.

Darren Sharper just looked at him like he's on crack.

What a dick.
    He has never been shy about his unabashed hatred for all things Baltimore.

He's an asshole POS.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Supposedly terry Bradshaw ripped ray and flacco it's coming up on the fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 out or 8 CBS NFL Experts Pick Pats over Ravens

90% of the game is half mental

Re: 7 out or 8 CBS NFL Experts Pick Pats over Ravens

Skip Bayless talking out of both sides of his mouth/ass (what's the difference).

Quote Originally Posted by BMann View Post
    Was listening to that sometimes-annoying Glen Eunice, and he hammered on the point about "why should any of us care what anyone in the media thinks of Joe Flacco?" I watch almost none of the NFL shows during the week or before the game. I'll watch the post-game stuff if we win (so I've watched quite a bit this week), but that's it.

I think you guys set yourselves up for frustration and unnecessary blood pressure spikes by giving any credence to these yahoos. I care a lot more about what my fellow Ravens fans say (here and on other boards) about this player or that player than anything that, say, Heath Evans (WHO?!?) has to say. I know that you guys/gals actually watch all of the Ravens games, and not just the highlights, unlike some of these national pundits. You've seen the ups/downs this year and you have a lot better grasp of why we won 10 (above-average to great offense; excellent special teams; stout D inside the 20) and lost 6 (injuries on D that helped lead to late-game breakdowns; wrong OL in place w/o McKinnie, horrid play-calling; all things that have been addressed) - sounds like many of the ESPN "experts" do not. F 'em, who cares? The Ravens will prove them all wrong - again - on Sunday night.
    I hear you and understand your point of view but sometimes you have to take a stand and say enough is enough.

If/When the Ravens win it all are they going to say that the real champs are the Pats? While I get saying who gives a shit, other teams like the Falcons and golden boy Matt Ryan get pass after pass after pass and now are being lauded for being so clutch when they pissed away a nearly 3 TD league to a rookie QB. Ryan made two throws in his climate controlled home field and now he's the messiah.

At some point if you don't stand up for yourself people are just going to shit on you like you're a toilet.

Teams like the Ravens will never get respect from the overwhelming majority of the national media. They will always cater to the big market crowds and the storied franchises - Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, Patriots, etc. It used to bother me, but lately I have grown not to give a shit. Now, when we have "local" guys like Jeremy Conn slobber all over Peyton's cock even though he grew up in the area, then I start to get really annoyed,

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Teams like the Ravens will never get respect from the overwhelming majority of the national media. They will always cater to the big market crowds and the storied franchises - Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, Patriots, etc. It used to bother me, but lately I have grown not to give a shit. Now, when we have "local" guys like Jeremy Conn slobber all over Peyton's cock even though he grew up in the area, then I start to get really annoyed,
    I can't stand Conn. We got into it about his lovefest with Peyton but whatever.

Trust me when they Ravens have an off year they won't even be discussed and be treated as one of the worst teams in the league.

I don't mind the networks appealing to the national teams beacuse that's smart business but give the Ravens and especially Flacco his due.

Blog Entries

Re: The "What Everyone Thinks of the Ravens" Thread -- Post Your Media Musings Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Supposedly terry Bradshaw ripped ray and flacco it's coming up on the fan
    A "ripping" from that roid-addled redneck imbecile is a plus in my book.

Blog Entries

I reckon a big factor in all this is that everyone in the media actively wanted Peyton to win that game so they could salivate over one last Brady-Manning showdown. I can't blame them for that, if I wasn't a Ravens fan then I'd be pissed off that I didn't get to see a Pats v Broncos game. But their desire to see Peyton win has led to plain bitching about the Ravens win - "I wish the Broncos had won" has come out of their mouths as "Rahim Moore should have intercepted the Flacco Fling".

I don't actually have a problem with lots of people picking the Patriots - Brady and Belichick are excellent at what they do, the defense was solid against the Texans, and the Ravens' defense have played an ungodly number of snaps over the past 2 games. I just wish people would give Joe is dues - he's been excellent in the playoffs for the past 3 years, end of story.