Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: four words of thanks for Ozzie Newsome

Our 2012 Draft is really starting to pay dividends and kudos to Ozzie for having the balls to cut a former pro bowl kicker in favor of an untested rookie. Our depth has really been tested this year yet we manage to keep our heads above water.

And kudos to the front office for making the move to Jim Caldwell as OC, no matter you spin it there's always a risk-reward associated with a move of this magnitude this late in the season. It's a toss up. Will the move pay off or will it backfire? We know the answer to that one.

Heck, I think the coaching staff needs a high five too.

I don't think it's coincidental that Jones and Graham were valued so lowly by other teams only to be studs here.

I think you can go back to a guy like Chris Carr too. He was primarily a dimeback/#5 cornerback guy with special teams/kick returner experience who morphed into a solid starter for several top-5 defenses with the Ravens.

Heck, we turned Fabian Washington (who the Raiders traded---can't get much lower on the NFL totem pole than that) into a valuable cog for 1.5 years too.

Also, wasn't Cary Williams released by a mediocre Titans team halfway through the 2009 season, only to starting a year and a half later for a 13 win Raven team?

On a down note...we have Bobbie Williams....uggg...can't win em all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Not a player, but getting Caldwell is also proving to be a big pick up.
    Gotta wonder how far out of Ozzie's mind getting rid of Cam was. It seems like it was important to have another offensive mind on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Heck, I think the coaching staff needs a high five too.

I don't think it's coincidental that Jones and Graham were valued so lowly by other teams only to be studs here.

I think you can go back to a guy like Chris Carr too. He was primarily a dimeback/#5 cornerback guy with special teams/kick returner experience who morphed into a solid starter for several top-5 defenses with the Ravens.

Heck, we turned Fabian Washington (who the Raiders traded---can't get much lower on the NFL totem pole than that) into a valuable cog for 1.5 years too.

Also, wasn't Cary Williams released by a mediocre Titans team halfway through the 2009 season, only to starting a year and a half later for a 13 win Raven team?

On a down note...we have Bobbie Williams....uggg...can't win em all.
    Good observations and agree on all points. Just speaks to what a sound organization we have. We've been blessed.

iggyman555 Guest

and we all thought the ravens might not win another game after the skins loss lol

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Jacoby Jones Corey Graham ... Bc
    Now let's get them signed for next year. And let's grab ANYONE the Texans cut!

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Now let's get them signed for next year. And let's grab ANYONE the Texans cut!
    LOL. Yeah, I can't imagine Texans fans were too happy to see Jacoby Jones and Trindon Holliday - 2 players Houston didn't apparently want any longer - score 3 TDs in that game.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by Arthorn View Post
    Gotta wonder how far out of Ozzie's mind getting rid of Cam was. It seems like it was important to have another offensive mind on the team.
    I think Ozzie is a great architect and thinks several steps ahead of the game. There always seems to be someone groomed and ready to step into a vacated position - whether that is in the front office, coaching staff, or player roster. The Ravens anticipate well and rarely seem to be caught completely off guard.

That's a great front office. The draft has play well so far this year. And the pickup for the year for me is....JUSTIN TUCKER!! Seriously, i do not worry at ALL when he going to kick. WOW, great feeling, i know you all feel that, LOL. But the draft and Graham, and Jones has been just what we needed. I for one wasn't high on Jones, for what he did in Houston, but the Young man has improved big time wearing the purple..Gotta love the Purple. Firing Cam was the best move of the year!! In OZZIE We Trust

iggyman555 Guest

Vinny on 105.7 said he sources told him that it was OZ that pushed harbaughe to get big mac in the starting line up

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    We had a really solid draft too IMO.
    for a draft that we "just missed out on" some of our targets, im really happy with it. A lot to look forward to with this class. top to bottom may be one of the deepest in Ozzies history.
    -JAB