Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: The Arc on Joe's ball.

Thinking Moore thought Flacco couldn't throw it that far is ridiculous. Moore bit on Pitta and simply didn't get back in time. Simple as that. Pretty sure he knew Joe could throw it that far.

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    Thinking Moore thought Flacco couldn't throw it that far is ridiculous. Moore bit on Pitta and simply didn't get back in time. Simple as that. Pretty sure he knew Joe could throw it that far.
    The Broncos were supposed to be playing 3 safeties deep, but our old friend, Jim Leonhard, also bit on covering for the 1st down and that also made Moore hold toward the middle just a little longer. In fact, if you watch some of the wide angle videos of the play, you can see that Boldin was pretty open down the middle of the field too!
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Is it on video anywhere? Any sources?

Well if Flacco practiced I'm sure he could too, then. Because there is no doubt Flacco has more velocity and arm strength than Kyle Boller. (and 100 times more accuracy)
    There used to be a video of it. I remember seeing it when he was drafted and thinking damn. It was when he was drafted and he got down on one knee at the 50 and threw it through the goal posts.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Is it on video anywhere? Any sources?

Well if Flacco practiced I'm sure he could too, then. Because there is no doubt Flacco has more velocity and arm strength than Kyle Boller. (and 100 times more accuracy)
    I don't know. Boller's velocity and arm strength was ridiculous. He had no touch though to his throws so even someone 5 yards away got a 50 mph rocket that about knocked'em over.

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    He did bite, but he had time, he misjudged the trajectory of the ball. I stand by him thinking that a ball with that much height wasn't going to travel over his head. Joe also mentioned that the reason he arc'd it so high is because Von Miller was in his face and he had to throw it over his hands. If not for Miller, Joe probably could have hit him with more of a rope that would have been an even easier score. Then again, Jones wouldn't have been able to "breakbasket" it like a punt and probably would have dropped it :)

No doubt that Boldin was also wide open down the middle for a likely score as well.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    There used to be a video of it. I remember seeing it when he was drafted and thinking damn. It was when he was drafted and he got down on one knee at the 50 and threw it through the goal posts.
    Can't find the video, but here's the report on Boller's Pro Day from Don Banks:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ins.../03/13/boller/

"After his official workout concluded, the 6-foot-3, 230-pound Boller pulled off a feat he had colorfully described to the national media at the Combine. From his knees at the 50-yard line, Boller threw a ball through the uprights, drawing a round of applause from the gathering of NFL scouts and coaches. "

As I said before, I don't think anyone underestimated Flacco's ability to throw the ball downfield that far. No one thought that he would actually THROW that pass.

Even Jacoby said on the sidelines he looked at Flacco stepping up in the pocket and sped back up because he thought to himself "Joe might actually throw that ball."

That pass is now an NFL entry in the history of game changing throws. We should be seeing it on TV for years to come. Fortunately, Flacco has time to do better and set more records, wait and see.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    That pass is now an NFL entry in the history of game changing throws. We should be seeing it on TV for years to come. Fortunately, Flacco has time to do better and set more records, wait and see.
    3rd down, no timeouts, :30 seconds left in sub-zero temperatures.

Every time I see it I am in awe that it actually happened.

That IMO is the greatest Ravens game of all time. The drama. The score changes. The OT. It had it all. Simply amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    3rd down, no timeouts, :30 seconds left in sub-zero temperatures.

Every time I see it I am in awe that it actually happened.

That IMO is the greatest Ravens game of all time. The drama. The score changes. The OT. It had it all. Simply amazing.
    It still gives me goosebumps. After that playoffs were unreal, I had emotional certainty no one could stop us.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    64 yards.

Joe's front foot was on the 26 and his back was on the 25. Jones caught it in his "bread basket" exactly on the 20.

Arch + location (not throwing it out of bounds) + distance = Perfect throw.
    I think that would be 54 yards. In that wind and with that height still an incredible throw.

Isn't it always a miracle play that begins a dynasty. Staubach's Hail Mary, The Immaculate Recption, The Catch, The Tuck Rule, and now The Bomb. If the Ravens go on to win 3 Super Bowls in 5 years (my personal requirements for a dynasty) and become a dynasty it would have started with that play.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller