Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Re: How we should attack the Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    The Pats didn't face much stiff competition late either. A Texans team that fell apart. The Jets. The Jags. The Dolphins (twice). 3 really bad teams. The Colts. A home loss to a good team (49ers). The worst team in the bunch going 2-14, and another 6-10 team. No "elite" QBs or WRs (outside of maybe Andre Johnson). You guys played Tannehill, Sanchez and Henne 4 times at the back end of the season.

The back end of the Ravens schedule had two Steelers games (always tough, even without Ben) with a west coast trip to SD sandwiched in the middle, then Redskins, Broncos, Giants, Bengals (meaningless though). The worst team in that bunch going 7-9. Plenty of talented QBs and WRs (2 Mannings, RGIII, Cruz, Thomas, Decker).
    I was not comparing our opponents record to the Ravens record though. I was comparing it to Denver's opponent record. Which stemmed from the debate of who's run defense was better, Denver's or NEs.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont know. Ninkovic is a damn good DE/OLB. He does everything really well.
    Bellicheat has always had some tough-as-goat-guts white, ethnic LBs ( Vrabel, Bruschi, Ninkovich, etc.). Ninkovich certainly had a strong game vs. Houston, but I'd like to see him stay all day with Pitta, Dickson, Boldin, even Rice & Torrey on short crossing routes or over the middle.

Speaking of Torrey, I'm hankering for one of his patented medium out routes where he drags his coverage towards the sideline, then immediately curls back in towards the field once he catches it and gets some fat YAC.

Damn, LeachBeast! Righteous thread. Leave it to the UK Division to get down to it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    Bellicheat has always had some tough-as-goat-guts white, ethnic LBs ( Vrabel, Bruschi, Ninkovich, etc.). Ninkovich certainly had a strong game vs. Houston, but I'd like to see him stay all day with Pitta, Dickson, Boldin, even Rice & Torrey on short crossing routes or over the middle.

Speaking of Torrey, I'm hankering for one of his patented medium out routes where he drags his coverage towards the sideline, then immediately curls back in towards the field once he catches it and gets some fat YAC.

Damn, LeachBeast! Righteous thread. Leave it to the UK Division to get down to it.

You mean like this one http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-leaps-for-six

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    Maybe the NFL should switch the Browns and the Patriots divisional seats and let the Patriots come over to the AFCN and give the Browns some easier opponents to face.
    I was saying the same thing yesterday in a thread about Pats fans' huge sense of entitlement. Put them in the AFC North, and boom 4 W's (Buffalo & Miami) are traded for 3 possible splits (or worse): Pitts., Ravens, Cincy. Who's entitled now?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    Broncos opponents total win is 126. Pats opponents total win is 117.

126=117?
    You have that backwards.

Pats SOS: .496
    Ravens SOS: .496
    Broncos SOS: .457

Pats SOV: .466
    Ravens SOV: .438
    Broncos SOV: .385

A lot of perception taken as reality on this board.
    Last edited by mgcolby; 01-18-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    You have that backwards.

Pats SOS: .496
    Ravens SOS: .496
    Broncos SOS: .457

Pats SOV: .466
    Ravens SOV: .438
    Broncos SOV: .385

A lot of perception taken as reality on this board.
    Yeah, I addressed my mistake in a post after I did that.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    Yeah, I addressed my mistake in a post after I did that.
    PatsFan in MD, meet mcgolby.

You guys should, like, totally DATE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    PatsFan in MD, meet mcgolby.

You guys should, like, totally DATE.

So your premise that the Pats played shit teams and division differences etc... turns out to be BS based on SOS and that is what you come back with?

If you actually base your opinion in fact you wouldn't have to resort to sorry attempts at insults.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    You front 7 is better than Denver's now? They've got Dumervill, Miller, Wolfe, Woodyard, Bannan (very underrated), Brooking (old, but still quite good). You guys have Vince Wilfork and a bunch of "guys." Also, they had the number 3 run defense, where you guys were like 9th or 10th. They allowed 3.6 p/c whereas you guys were 3.9. So how exactly is your run defense better and more disciplined than theirs? You guys have size in your front seven, but they've got speed, size and physicality...and Rice still ran for 130 yards against them.
    Jerod Mayo is perhaps the best MLB in the AFC and starting his 2nd probowl. He is in the top 5 in tackles and has like 4 sacks. Not only that but he can play both ILB and OLB as well. Fellow LB Brandon Spikes can also play both positions, but has animal strength to shed blockers and excels both in pass coverage (great instincts for the ball) and tops against the run. Many experts pick him as the top LB in the league against the run. In college, he also played defensive end. Rookie Dont'a Hightower is a very good young player that's growing, but growing fast. He has 4 sacks, and possesses some good juice on the outside and good in run defense. He too can play and line up at defensive end. His fellow first round pick Chandler Jones was on pace at the beginning of the season for becoming a sack leader until he got hurt. Started out with 3 forced fumbles and seven sacks. Can be a freak that often demands double and even triple teams because of his athleticism and size. He is getting healthier now, and despite not getting sacks all the time, he still creates impactful pressures leading to big plays for others. Opposite end Rob Ninkovich who can also play outside linebacker, looks like Mike Vrabel, and plays better than him it seems because of his big play ability during the most clutch moments. It could be a forced fumble, strip sack, or long sack on a key third down, interception or something to change a game. Not only that but he has been consistent and managed to rack up 9 sacks and 4 forced fumbles on the season. Could have easily made the probowl but did make some all pro teams of many experts. He adds an extra dimension at Linebacker as well as production from the defensive end position. Vince Wilfork is self explanatory and I don't have to go into depth about him. Legendary and impactful.. simple as that. Kyle Love, the other nose tackle is smaller, but quick and choppy and very underrated. Rotation players Jermaine Cunningham, Justin Francis and Trevor Scott are all guys that perform, produce and can all play the linebacker roles.. they share 8 sacks, and 4 forced fumbles between them... So to day that NE's front seven is better than Denver's is definitely not exaggerating, plus defenses aren't judged during the regular season but how you perform in the playoffs when the heat is turned up the highest.. Remember, the only reason Houston stayed in the game was because of those two long kick off returns... other than that the score was 30-13.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Thinking View Post
    Rotation players Jermaine Cunningham, Justin Francis and Trevor Scott are all guys that perform, produce and can all play the linebacker roles.. they share 8 sacks, and 4 forced fumbles between them...
    All household names no doubt...

So to say that NE's front seven is better than Denver's is definitely not exaggerating
    Um, it sure as hell is. You don't have one pure pass rusher that is half what Von Miller is.

So not only do the Pats now have the "#1" secondary since Talib, but now also the #1 front 7 too? Wow...it is amazing you guys lost 4 games.

Seriously...do you think anyone here believes this BS?

plus defenses aren't judged during the regular season but how you perform in the playoffs when the heat is turned up the highest.
    Um...no, they are judged on how well they performed overall. Denver didn't allow a single 300 yard passer all season until the playoffs, including TOM fucking BRADY himself.

Please, just stop. No one in the world believes that the Pats now have this world beater juggernaut defense you are running on about.

11. Re: How we should attack the Patriots

We gotta watch out for Weckler and give Birk some help on Wilcock.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    All household names no doubt...

Um, it sure as hell is. You don't have one pure pass rusher that is half what Von Miller is.

So not only do the Pats now have the "#1" secondary since Talib, but now also the #1 front 7 too? Wow...it is amazing you guys lost 4 games.

Seriously...do you think anyone here believes this BS?

Um...no, they are judged on how well they performed overall. Denver didn't allow a single 300 yard passer all season until the playoffs, including TOM fucking BRADY himself.

Please, just stop. No one in the world believes that the Pats now have this world beater juggernaut defense you are running on about.
    I didn't say a juggernaut defense if you read, I'm stating defensive strengths and capabilities. I never said number one or anything .. But they always show up when they have to. That's something Denver's defense DIDN'T do when they had to, and THATS what people remember and notice. Denver's defense is at home, and NE is in the AFC Championship game.. with all that "didn't allow a single 300 yard passer all season" hoopla, don't matter now..