Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
We'll get our chances to go deep as we have all year. If you double up on Smith someone will get single coverage underneath. You can't double up on everyone with 11 players. What if we have Jones and Smith in, do we now draw 4 players to cover 2? In the Colts game Smith drew the safety into double coverage allowing Boldin to get isolated for big gains. I also expect to expose the linebackers in coverage. NFL network just showed when we played earlier in the year 2 linebackers trying to bracket Rice coming out of the backfield and they were too slow to contain him for a big game. It'll be a cat and mouse game on both sides. Like the Broncos game I expect to see some big plays and turnovers will have a huge impact on the game. Win the turnover battle will go a long way to winning the game.
Having Jones in does create a dillema. You have to double Smith and I would bracket Jones and put Talib in Man on Boldin in that situation. I don't think you will see them bracketing Rice, I think they will have a speedy LB (Tracy White) spying him out of the backfield. Mayo is not slow, Hightower is big but solid in coverage. Spikes is the weak link in the LB coverage.

The middle of the field is where Flacco has to be good. I just don't think he can do it. It seems it is either all or nothing with Flacco. Meaning he either hits for the big play or you guys putter out. The drive charts over the past two weeks point to that, only 4 drives of 7 or more plays and of those four drives only one resulted in points (FG).

I think your LB's have a bigger problem in coverage, Ellerbee is a huge liability in coverage, Ray is far to slow to be affective in coverage. I know it might be no no to say that on here. But don't believe me go back and watch him the last two weeks.