Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: How we should attack the Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    go back and look at last week's stats; no idea why you chose those players

Because I watched the game on the all 22 and Stokely was there for Peyton nearly all game long. Graham made two plays against Stokely and both were terrible throws by Manning. The first pass break up by Graham was a throw behind Stokely, but Graham was beat. The pick in OT should not have been thrown. I chose Moreno because he too was open quit often out of the backfield and beat Ellerbee for that TD. But that was as much on Reed as Ellerbee. Reed bit hard on a pump fake and was late in helping over the top. But it was clear that Ellerbee had him in Man-2.

Quote Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
    Because I watched the game on the all 22 and Stokely was there for Peyton nearly all game long. Graham made two plays against Stokely and both were terrible throws by Manning. The first pass break up by Graham was a throw behind Stokely, but Graham was beat. The pick in OT should not have been thrown. I chose Moreno because he too was open quit often out of the backfield and beat Ellerbee for that TD. But that was as much on Reed as Ellerbee. Reed bit hard on a pump fake and was late in helping over the top. But it was clear that Ellerbee had him in Man-2.
    Meh suffice it to say I think you'll be surprised come Sunday. Our guys are deffo not the BEST of the BEST in coverage, but we hold it down most of the time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    Meh suffice it to say I think you'll be surprised come Sunday. Our guys are deffo not the BEST of the BEST in coverage, but we hold it down most of the time.
    and it's hard to find the open receiver when the QB is running for his life ;)

Should be a nail biter till the end

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

You have no reason to know this, but I had you guys beating the Broncos.

And your LB's can cover Welker, Hernandez, Woodhead, Ridley and Vereen? They couldn't cover Moreno and Stokely.
    If the thread topic is about how do the Ravens attack the Patriots, what does our LB's ability (or lack thereof) to guard these guys have to do with it?

Really? That is your response. You are funny. Haha! I see where this conversation is going to go.
    My point is, Champ guards WR's not QB's and he's had a great year doing that, hell he already shut Torrey down once this year, bet he wasn't old and overrated then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    and it's hard to find the open receiver when the QB is running for his life ;)

Should be a nail biter till the end
    That is what you guys need, pressure from only sending 3-4 allowing you to drop 7-8 into coverage.

I have no reason to think it will be anything other than a nail biter given the two teams recent past.

Not sure how much more I will be here, maybe some tomorrow if work isn't to busy but that is about it. So I want to say I like your avatar: Titties and Beer brother. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    If the thread topic is about how do the Ravens attack the Patriots, what does our LB's ability (or lack thereof) to guard these guys have to do with it?
    Good point. Got caught up in the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    My point is, Champ guards WR's not QB's and he's had a great year doing that, hell he already shut Torrey down once this year, bet he wasn't old and overrated then.
    Right, I understand that but it all starts with the QB. And I don't think he shut Torrey down as much as your line struggled in that first game and Flacco didn't have much time to go deep. My memory on that maybe incorrect. Look Bailey is a solid corner but not what he was and his speed has dropped off considerably over the past two years. That is all I'm trying to say. I'm not taking anything away from Smith. And my larger point is Belichick won't leave Talib on an island without safety help like Del Rio did for much of Sunday's game.

Good point. Got caught up in the conversation.

Right, I understand that but it all starts with the QB. And I don't think he shut Torrey down as much as your line struggled in that first game and Flacco didn't have much time to go deep. My memory on that maybe incorrect. Look Bailey is a solid corner but not what he was and his speed has dropped off considerably over the past two years. That is all I'm trying to say. I'm not taking anything away from Smith. And my larger point is Belichick won't leave Talib on an island without safety help like Del Rio did for much of Sunday's game.
    Gotcha

Talib and Dennard are at CB and have made a huge difference. Now we have McCourty at Safety where we can use his athleticism while letting him react to the ball in front of him. Gregory is a big upgrade over Chung in the coverage area, not so much in the big hit, run stuffing role. And Arrington has been very good inside in the slot. It is not the same secondary.
    This abundance of superlatives seems more than slightly incongruous to the #29 rank in pass defense (total yards) and #28 rank in pass yards per play that the New England Patriots defense earned this year.

As a person who lives in New England and has watched the Patriots likely as closely as you have, please allow me to remove the exuberant homerism and wishful thinking from your paragraph to arrive at something closer to the truth:

Talib and Dennard are at CB and have made a modest difference. Now we have McCourty at safety where we can use his athleticism while letting him react to the ball in front of him. Gregory is a minor upgrade over Chung in the coverage area, not so much in the big hit, run stuffing role. And Arrington has been vulnerable inside in the slot. It is not the same secondary. It has improved from awful all the way up to mediocre.

There, I fixed it for you.

Brady is going to pick on Ray in coverage allllll day.

iggyman555 Guest

You have no reason to know this, but I had you guys beating the Broncos.

And your LB's can cover Welker, Hernandez, Woodhead, Ridley and Vereen? They couldn't cover Moreno and Stokely.
    lol which LBs were covering stokley...did u watch tape???

Blog Entries

You are right, Arrington is the slot guy. But having him one on one with Boldin doesn't give me a warm fuzzy.

Ellerbee was not good in coverage against the Broncos.
    Having anybody one on one with Boldin shouldn't give you a warm fuzzy. It's probably giving Bellichek fits.

Ellerbe wasn't great in coverage with Moreno. He'd have problems with Woodhead or Vereen, especially if they attack down the field. That's something Pees is going to have to account for.

Blog Entries

McCourtey runs a 4.3 and Smith runs a 4.4???

I don't think Flacco can get it done with consistancy, but that is what it will take for the Ravens to win. If they can move the ball over the middle without Flacco making mistakes it will be tough for New England.
    All passes over 10 yards from PFF.com (3 zones)

Outside the numbers, left: 18 / 62 / 377 / 5 / 0 -- 79.3
    Between: 38 / 71 / 973 / 9 / 1 -- 132.4
    Outside the numbers, right: 38 / 77 / 930 / 5 / 4 -- 93.53