Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Maybe too early, but who is already making plans for the trip?

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    So from Mobile to New Orleans, it's about 2 1/2 hours maybe?
    Yea, give or take.

I will say that it is pretty easy (or at least it was) to go pretty fast on I-10 in Alabama. We drove from Pensacola, FL to New Orleans many times and I can't recall every seeing a cop. Mobile is a pretty fun town as well. Especially the old district.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    One could even make a case for Houston.. ~350 miles and a straight shot in on I-10. At highway speeds you're looking at 4:45 or so.
    Houston is a pain in the ass to drive through.....the airport is on the west side of the city,
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Houston is a pain in the ass to drive through.....the airport is on the west side of the city,
    ?? Houston has two airports and neither require you to drive through the city... Hobby (direct flight on Southwest) is on the southeast side and near the "inner" beltway and IAH is due North and sits on the "outer" beltway..

Really?

Already looking with some friends from Los Angeles. We may fly into Houston and then drive, as flights to New Orleans are insane- whereas tix to Houston are under $300... just gotta make 5 hour drive to new orleans- but I dont think that will be too bad with the anticipation along the way. The only roadblock is the tickets. Almost debating just trying to scalp tickets just before gametime, as Ive heard if you wait till then you can actually get a reasonable deal and not spend $2000 plus...
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

I'll let y'all know by PM if I get clearance from "the boss" to head to NOLA. She's acting mature at the moment, but I hope to break her down after Sunday's win!

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Southwest's flights are very limited at this point and not really cheap. I was looking at Expedia (Delta).

RE: game tickets, sounds great, thanks!
    I stay with SWA because of Rapid Rewards program and, more importantly, because there is no change fee when cancelling & rescheduling flights.

Mista T, I am in mid-city near the racetrack and the Bayou St John........watch games at the Mid-City Yacht Club. Originally from NY, and moved here in time for Katrina. Having a home game Super Bowl would be ultra-cool. Saints fans hate Atl, and SF, and NE too.......plus Ed Reed and Jones being from here would be like a home game!
    I was in he Superdome two nights before Katrina. Actually, I was the last fan to leave the Dome before it was converted to a filthy evacuation center (long story involving inebriation and pushing the wrong elevator buttons). We were in the vanguard of evacuees the next day, making it all the way to St Pete, but other Ravens fans we had met were not so lucky. Love NOLA, its friendly residents and the Saints fans.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Mista T, I am in mid-city near the racetrack and the Bayou St John........watch games at the Mid-City Yacht Club. Originally from NY, and moved here in time for Katrina. Having a home game Super Bowl would be ultra-cool. Saints fans hate Atl, and SF, and NE too.......plus Ed Reed and Jones being from here would be like a home game!
    The part of Bayou St. John I visited a couple years ago on an anniversary trip w/ my wife was really nice! We went to some historic house that had been moved to its current location by the Bayou St. John. Very close to the entrance to City Park IIRC. Any chance of scoring some flop space if we are Super Bowl bound. Am pricing packages: the hotel rates are crazy & I don't really need all the amenities ( e.g. NFL experience tix, souveneir lanyards, etc., etc.), but treating this as a once in a lifetime thing.

Of course, we probably shouldn't be getting so far ahead of ourselves. OP was talking this weekend in Foxboro. For which I have nabbed an Upper single on-line (Ravens side, Sec 337, Row 9,if your close by), and have a spot on a Rohrbaugh charter leaving Timonium @ 7 a.m. Sunday. I presume I'm too old for Nestor's crowd (plus Miller Lite SUCKS!) or the B-MORE AROUND TOWN bus trip. My way was 1/2 their price (BYOB, no hotel) and let's me work a shift on Sat. 2/2. GO RAVENS!
    Last edited by Tucker: M&T Sec 527; 01-17-2013 at 09:11 AM.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I'd like to be part of the waiting list (2 please) for this particular handful if at all possible.
    Add me as well although my price ceiling isn't that high. My brother would be interested as well. I was already looking into flights into Jackson, as well as Lafayette, LA (about 2 hours away on the other side of Baton Rouge - flew into it once before).

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Add me as well although my price ceiling isn't that high. My brother would be interested as well. I was already looking into flights into Jackson, as well as Lafayette, LA (about 2 hours away on the other side of Baton Rouge - flew into it once before).
    How about we win Sunday first. Focus on the task at hand. Just my two cents and no, no one asked.

Blog Entries

is this thread about the Pats game or potential SB? I've been to the Pats stadium several times and the biggest pain is parking. Ran into a couple of douchebag fans but for the most part they're fine.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    How about we win Sunday first. Focus on the task at hand. Just my two cents and no, no one asked.
    The players focus on winning. Fans that want to see a Super Bowl need to have a clue what they are doing before 10PM Sunday. Flights and hotels fill up. Unless you have 10 grand to drop and don't care about money.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    The players focus on winning. Fans that want to see a Super Bowl need to have a clue what they are doing before 10PM Sunday. Flights and hotels fill up. Unless you have 10 grand to drop and don't care about money.
    Preach on Bro!!!!!!:)