Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Maybe too early, but who is already making plans for the trip?

Don Scott was pimping these SB packages on Rise N Shine this morning. Their Superior Package is sold out. There's also some bus trips to NE but most of the tics were sold out.

These SB packages start at $3500 and up, about the same as SB 35.

My cousin got me a job pushing carts for Aerosmith at the SB 35 half time show and I would have been down on the field
    at half time but got pneumonia a couple of days before and couldn't go. I still have the SB hat he sent me-lol.

http://www.benchwarmersports.com/foo...FQ-e4Aody3sADA

T - on game tickets please also keep us in mind. Flights from England will be expensive enough so any help in this regard would be appreciated!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    As to game tickets, let's see if I can get a handful together from a friend of a friend runs a national ticket brokerage. He told me last year (when planning the rip to Hoosierville) that he could get me below market value tickets.
    If you'd be so kind to keep Mrs HR and I in mind should you happen to land that block of tickets. We already have our lodging secured.

Mista T
    As if you don't have enough requests already keep me in mind as well for one ticket as well:) I'm ready to go. Air fare/hotel arrangments will be challenging for me but I'll find a way to get there.

5. Re: Maybe too early, but who is already making plans for the trip?

I have been thinking about going up to New England on Sunday since it certainly seems like ticket prices keep going down and down. It took me two days to figure this out, but the Patriots' TicketExchange only works for season ticket holders or people on the wait list to buy season tickets. Apparently they are the only team in the league that does it this way. That's pretty annoying for me for this game, but a pretty cool idea. I know my dad lists some of his Ravens tickets on TicketExchange because he doesn't want to go to every game, and it'd certainly be nice to be more assured that your seats are going to fellow fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    CY: I forgot about Jackson - two daily round trips on Southwest. It's about 2:20 to 2:30 drive going a safe bit above the speed limit. Light traffic to NOLA + easy egress from the airport (rental cars are in the parking garage across from the terminal). I've used Jackson a few times. Based on your price shopping, I think that I will buy a couple of tickets to Jackson shortly. Thanks!

As to game tickets, let's see if I can get a handful together from a friend of a friend runs a national ticket brokerage. He told me last year (when planning the rip to Hoosierville) that he could get me below market value tickets.

Hey NOLA fan: thanks for all the good info. What side of town are you from? I used to live in Kenner, and now frequently visit mostly Harahan & Lafitte.
    Mista T, I am in mid-city near the racetrack and the Bayou St John........watch games at the Mid-City Yacht Club. Originally from NY, and moved here in time for Katrina. Having a home game Super Bowl would be ultra-cool. Saints fans hate Atl, and SF, and NE too.......plus Ed Reed and Jones being from here would be like a home game!
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I looked at those airports, not much of a difference from BWI.

There you go. That's why I'm here, for the good advice ;)
    In Biloxi Beau Rivage has a fantastic buffet. IP has a first class sushi restaurant. Hard Rock has the best pool. Roll up I-10 to New Orleans in 50 minutes. I know a great driver if you want someone to drive you around in case you want to drank.

Maybe I missed it on this thread but how far is the closet airport to Biloxi, MS?? Or is it better to fly into Jackson, MS. I'm leaning towards that based on current airfares. I'll just rent a car from the airport, drive to New Orleans then drive back to the airport after the game, return the car, spend the night at the airport. Yep no hotel for me:)

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Maybe I missed it on this thread but how far is the closet airport to Biloxi, MS?? Or is it better to fly into Jackson, MS. I'm leaning towards that based on current airfares. I'll just rent a car from the airport, drive to New Orleans then drive back to the airport after the game, return the car, spend the night at the airport. Yep no hotel for me:)
    Gulfport, Ms is the closet airport to Biloxi. Mobile, AL is just an hour from Biloxi, or even Pensacola, FL (two hours) or Tallahassee (four hours) are drivable.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Gulfport, Ms is the closet airport to Biloxi. Mobile, AL is just an hour from Biloxi, or even Pensacola, FL (two hours) or Tallahassee (four hours) are drivable.
    One could even make a case for Houston.. ~350 miles and a straight shot in on I-10. At highway speeds you're looking at 4:45 or so.

Blog Entries

Pensacola airport is small. I was stationed there for a while. I was really surprised with how small their airport is.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

So from Mobile to New Orleans, it's about 2 1/2 hours maybe?