Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 116
  1. #91
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Well, we're going to New England.



    a few calls went against the pats today very uncharacteristicaly, im sure kraft will have a talk with goodell this week and should be back to normal next weekend




  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Land of the crab-cake
    Posts
    709

    Re: Well, we're going to New England.

    What specific calls in that game were questionable?
    Last edited by EdReed4HOF; 01-13-2013 at 10:47 PM. Reason: ...
    90% of the game is half mental




  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    1,172
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Well, we're going to New England.

    This is the kind of game where both teams know each other very well. They know what the Ravens will do and the Ravens know what they will do. It will come down to execution and, frankly, dumb luck.

    I will say though that the pressure is on Flacco and the offense to keep their recent high level of play. Brady will score some points, there's no question about that, so the offense will need to match him and keep drives going to limit the number of times he touches the ball.




  4. #94

    Re: Well, we're going to New England.

    No weapon!




  5. #95

    Re: Well, we're going to New England.

    Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    What specific calls in that game were questionable?
    The OPI on Edelman sticks out as well as the lame holding call against Mayo on a 3rd down stop that eventually lead to a TD I believe. I think I recall the Ravens getting a shit ton of penalties against them too, and most of them were also bullshit, but I think the ones against the Pats were in more crucial situations.




  6. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,717
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Well, we're going to New England.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    The OPI on Edelman sticks out as well as the lame holding call against Mayo on a 3rd down stop that eventually lead to a TD I believe. I think I recall the Ravens getting a shit ton of penalties against them too, and most of them were also bullshit, but I think the ones against the Pats were in more crucial situations.
    Meh that was so horribly called on both sides you cannot point to that as the reason you lost.




  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    378

    Re: Well, we're going to New England.

    We have one advantage named Pollard the Patriot killer.




  8. #98

    Re: Well, we're going to New England.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Meh that was so horribly called on both sides you cannot point to that as the reason you lost.
    Definitely not THE reason we lost, Torrey Smith played out of his mind that night. But eh, let's just say I don't think I'm unreasonable to say we want payback for it




  9. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,124
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    Definitely not THE reason we lost, Torrey Smith played out of his mind that night. But eh, let's just say I don't think I'm unreasonable to say we want payback for it
    Just like we want payback for last year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  10. #100

    Re: Ravens vs. New England - AFCC Rematch (Merged Threads)

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Just like we want payback for last year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As anyone would expect




  11. #101

    Re: Well, we're going to New England.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    Uhh, I have accepted the loss. I haven't accepted that in my opinion they should have won it. Do you still believe the Ravens should have won last year?

    ...

    Typical.
    Lame




  12. #102

    Re: Well, we're going to New England.

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Lame
    LOL. Just saying, just because you think your team should have won something doesn't mean you haven't "Accepted" it.




  13. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado (via Gaithersburg, MD)
    Posts
    682
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens vs. New England - AFCC Rematch (Merged Threads)

    This is not a shoo-in for either team. The Ravens took the last matchup, but NE has been a better team throughout the year. All that matters is what happens in those 60 minutes and beyond. The Patriots have the edge playing at home. They have a quarterback with a track record of winning these games. Having said that, Denver got eliminated yesterday by a 9 point underdog on their home turf. The Ravens can take this one.




  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post

    Uhh, I have accepted the loss. I haven't accepted that in my opinion they should have won it. Do you still believe the Ravens should have won last year?

    ...

    Typical.
    No. The Ravens should not have won last year. A Raven dropped the ball in the end zone. A Raven shanked the kick that would have tied it. There is no should have won. They did not win and that is that.

    This year, the Patriots had a chance to win in Baltimore but did not. The fault lies in their own failed execution. But revenge for past games is a stupid reason to get motivated for this game and it irrelevant.




  15. #105

    Re: Ravens vs. New England - AFCC Rematch (Merged Threads)

    I believe the Patriots will be a tough out. I'm not expecting a blow out, let alone a win. They're well coached and it will most likely be a close game throughout. I think our offense will definitely have to come up big and score consistently. I have more faith in the D than others. I know Brady will make his plays, like Manning, he's a great QB, but I feel confident that we can play inspired and make some stops. Should be another great game.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland