Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bernard Pierce?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Bernard Pierce?

Anybody heard anything on his status or injury? I hope he is ready to go next week. I dont like the idea of Anthony Allen as a change of pace back.

Re: Bernard Pierce?

Bernard Pierce
    ‏@BPierce_30
    And thanks for everyone that was concerned about me
    Bernard Pierce ‏@BPierce_30 Just wish I could have contributed more to my team...

nuttin else!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

What's that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphey37 View Post
    What's that mean?
    I dunno... but it doesn't sound good...

He'll be ready to go for the Super Bowl...

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Anybody heard anything on his status or injury? I hope he is ready to go next week. I dont like the idea of Anthony Allen as a change of pace back.
    I can see Flacco and Allen running the option....

Actually, I'd like the Ravens to find a way to get Tyrod a few snaps around the goal line. Running Rice against Wilfork and crew doesn't leave me with much optimism. I'm not sure the Pats have anyone on the perimeter to keep up with Taylor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I can see Flacco and Allen running the option....

Actually, I'd like the Ravens to find a way to get Tyrod a few snaps around the goal line. Running Rice against Wilfork and crew doesn't leave me with much optimism. I'm not sure the Pats have anyone on the perimeter to keep up with Taylor.
    Right?

I thought the goal line TD in the Broncos game would have been a great place to toss out Tyrod for a read-option sweep or something.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Bernard Pierce's reply doesn't sound encouraging at all. Patriots run defense is very stout. Ray Rice can't do it alone.

Looks like to be a sprained knee. Not likely to heal by Sunday.

No link, as per 105.7.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Bernard Pierce's reply doesn't sound encouraging at all. Patriots run defense is very stout. Ray Rice can't do it alone.
    they allowed 101 yds a game against the likes of... who? context is everything and going over box scores especially later in the season you see a lot of 60-80 yd performances on 10-15 carries. so yeah, they may only allowed 100, but thats only because the other team wasnt really running the ball like a team normally would. we got 121 against them when we played (only 17 of which was pierce) and our line was not playing very well at the time. the reason theyre so "stout" is usually they score a lot and teams dont have the option to run as much. I do believe you can run effectively on them, the bigger part is not allowing them to get a big lead so you can still afford to.
    -JAB

Yup you can run against the pats. Rice i hope should have the biggest game of week. Rice Rice Baby!! Pierce would be a huge X factor if he can play. Hopefully he heals quick, Get well Soon Young man!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    they allowed 101 yds a game against the likes of... who? context is everything and going over box scores especially later in the season you see a lot of 60-80 yd performances on 10-15 carries. so yeah, they may only allowed 100, but thats only because the other team wasnt really running the ball like a team normally would. we got 121 against them when we played (only 17 of which was pierce) and our line was not playing very well at the time. the reason theyre so "stout" is usually they score a lot and teams dont have the option to run as much. I do believe you can run effectively on them, the bigger part is not allowing them to get a big lead so you can still afford to.
    Very true. The patriots probably jumped out to a big lead forcing teams to throw their way back into the game. They were ranked 9th against the run during the season giving up about 101 yards per game (as you already mentioned). But more telling is the # of attempts. There were 415 rushing attempts, that's 11th fewest in the league.
    I just keep thinking of Vince Wilfork. Kelechi needs to help Birk out.