Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: WTF did Michael Irvin just say?

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Quadrupling down!
    Fuck off! I was on my phone and you both begin with an "A"! :)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    So the last thing we need right now is white people pointing out hypocrisy when it clearly is occurring? If you can't see the irony in that statement in the context of race then you shouldn't be participating in this discussion.
    It's not the last thing we need, a planet destroying asteroid wiping life off the earth is the last we need, but yea, white people complaining about black people being allowed to make jokes that we can't is pretty low on the "will this help end racism" list.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    4G63, again you are attributing AkashiaRecorder's words to ActualSpamBot... I think that is part of what you are missing...
    I know. I was originally posting from my phone but switched to my computer as I was obviously confused...see my above post. :)

It's not the last thing we need, a planet destroying asteroid wiping life off the earth is the last we need, but yea, white people complaining about black people being allowed to make jokes that we can't is pretty low on the "will this help end racism" list.
    Not as low on the list as Black people continuing to make racist comments is... it helps perpetuate the problem into the future.
    Last edited by jonboy79; 01-13-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I know. I was originally posting from my phone but switched to my computer as I was obviously confused...
    It seemed like you didn't realize you were doing it, I was trying to be helpful.

Here's another good piece of advice, if you're not a rape victim, don't compare things to rape except things that are also literally rape.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Here's another good piece of advice, if you're not a rape victim, don't compare things to rape except things that are not also literally rape.
    true...

It's like a victim of robbery, going on and robbing other people to get back what you lost, from completely different people.

I'd say its more like someone who's been bullied making snide comments at the expense of the bully once they get into a position where they don't have to worry about said bully selling them into slavery or lynching them or not letting them attend integrated schools.

I kinda mixed my metaphor there at the end.

I'd say its more like someone who's been bullied making snide comments at the expense of the bully once they get into a position where they don't have to worry about said bully selling them into slavery or lynching them or not letting them attend integrated schools.

I kinda mixed my metaphor there at the end.
    It showed through to explain your point... I get it. But I don't agree. Now you are equating Black people making racist comments to Ralphie beating up the red headed kid in a Christmas story....

These types of comments are made by peopel who were not victims, and made about people who weren't involved in the "crime" in the first place. Literally all it does is keep the ball rolling.

It's more like a kid that was bullied hitting puberty and starting to bully other kids...

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It showed through to explain your point... I get it. But I don't agree. Now you are equating Black people making racist comments to Ralphie beating up the red headed kid in a Christmas story....

These types of comments are made by peopel who were not victims, and made about people who weren't involved in the "crime" in the first place. Literally all it does is keep the ball rolling.

It's more like a kid that was bullied hitting puberty and starting to bully other kids...
    While still complaining about bullying.

Here's another good piece of advice, if you're not a rape victim, don't compare things to rape except things that are not also literally rape.
    :word

I just find it hilarious we have a 4 page thread on something stupid that Micheal Irvin had to say
    Here is a reality check. Micheal Irvin is an idiot, idiots say goofy shit.

Was it stupid to say...yes but maybe if we look at the other side of things it would be a little more clear why comments and lasting division is still there. If you hold a group of people down from say the late 1700's till say the Voting Rights Act in 1964 (when black REALLY got the right to vote) don't be surprised if there is a little bit of animosity within that culture towards yours.

If my Dad was not allowed to use the same water fountain or bathroom as someone of another ethnicity, if he were not allowed to vote or threatened with physical harm if he did then maybe my Dad would have instilled some racial angst in me. How many black mayors, governors, senators were in office when Irvin was a child? Point is Micheal Irvin is a product of a different time and culture. One that is thankfully fading into history slowly but surely.

Not saying what he said was right, just saying before we get our white panties in a wad and start screaming RACISM, maybe we should consider the whole story and our history. White people telling African Americans to just get over it cause things are ok now is just as realistic as telling a spouse to forget the fact you were unfaithful to them because your faithful now. Its something that takes time to forgive.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Why is this thread in the Ravens football section of the forum? Seems to me that the content is more along the lines of some of the other areas...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.