Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: OT: WTF did Michael Irvin just say?

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    You talk like a sociology textbook is the pinnacle of a fact based argument when in actuality its incorrect. In fact, I know that equally qualified people for a management position within any local, state, or Federal would go to the African American. Unless you want to point me to an actual credible link backing up your arguments I'll just go with what actually happens in the real world.
    So he has to post a link to prove his point, but you don't have to?

We live in a world where the US President's nationality was questioned for years on the basis of his being HALF black. When was the last time anyone questioned a white President's nationality? How's that for equality?

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Even if he did say it, it's not something to get all butthurt about. All complaining about it really does is make it look like you really wanna say something that would be viewed as kinda racist yourself.
    Agree with this.

Not to be overly political or racial, but honestly, the last thing this country or world needs is white people, and I am assuming most of the posters here are white (or at the very least that HKusp is white; please correct me if I am wrong), telling everyone else how racist other people are.

OhThePossibilities' point, I believe, was that considering all the shit and grief that white people have caused for others, it is odd and seems ignorant for whites to complain about the "double standards" they perceive. It does, to some, make it sound like these people are just upset that they don't get to be racist but others can be.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

More importantly, my view point is supported by simple facts. How many black CEO's in the fortune 500? If things were proportionately representative the answer would be around 60.

It's actually only 6.

money.cnn.com/2012/03/22/news/companies/black-ceo/index.htm

So why is that? If blacks are MORE LIKELY to be promoted or hired with equal qualifications, as was posited, then they would be over represented, but instead they are under represented by a massive margin.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    So he has to post a link to prove his point, but you don't have to?

We live in a world where the US President's nationality was questioned for years on the basis of his being HALF black. When was the last time anyone questioned a white President's nationality? How's that for equality?

You've heard of affirmative action, right? I shouldn't have to link to something that should be common knowledge right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Rob Parker (secretly) approves.
    LOL. Well played sir

You clearly don't understand how affirmative action actually works, or what it's goal is if you think it results in minorities being over represented at any level.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Rob Parker (secretly) approves.
    (Jalen Rose gives a cheast pound).
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Agree with this.

Not to be overly political or racial, but honestly, the last thing this country or world needs is white people, and I am assuming most of the posters here are white (or at the very least that HKusp is white; please correct me if I am wrong), telling everyone else how racist other people are.

OhThePossibilities' point, I believe, was that considering all the shit and grief that white people have caused for others, it is odd and seems ignorant for whites to complain about the "double standards" they perceive. It does, to some, make it sound like these people are just upset that they don't get to be racist but others can be.
    That's exactly what I was getting at. Thank you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post

Not to be overly political or racial, but honestly, the last thing this country or world needs is white people.
    Probably the most racist thing I've ever read here at RSR.

Probably the most racist thing I've ever read here at EAT....
    Is this a joke or did you not read the rest of the sentence?

Probably the most racist thing I've ever read here at RSR.
    You conveniently ignored the end of that sentence...

Actual Quote: the last thing this country or world needs is white people...telling everyone else how racist other people are.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Is this a joke or did you not read the rest of the sentence?
    You need to work on sentence structure.