Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So, has Caldwell earned the OC position?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Right?!

And how many guys on here flamed the shit out of us for pointing to Rivers and Brees as potential evidence for Cam holding QB's back...
    Yep. It's pretty obvious that Cam has held good QB's back with his lackluster play calling.

Matty ice was able to get a field goal in 31 seconds. Denver has a good kicker too. Different circumstance, but considering how we were torching their defense and they have one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, I'm glad they took a knee. I can envision Peyton driving the field to get in position to attempt a field goal while we sit in a susceptible prevent defense.

I'm fine with giving Caldwell a shot, I'm encouraged by his play calling so far. I suspect it will improve as he gains experience.

Blog Entries

...so....me stating that Fox was pretty conservative in Carolina (which is true)...is me blaming Fox.

Ok?
    I didn't say you were blaming him. There are plenty of people who are saying Fox was "too conservative," however, and I don't see how it's warranted.

Fox may be conservative, but the entire year we heard how it was Manning's show out there. During the 11 game winning streak, it was how it was Manning's show. When they ran the ball down the Ravens' throats here at M&T, the story line was how intelligent Manning was to run the ball.

Now that they lost, it's Fox was too conservative...

Blog Entries

I think the locker room really respects Caldwell. Rice was saying how they should keep him as the OC for next season too. Caldwell is a laid back dude and not an arrogant moron like Cam.

And yes, one has to wonder if Joe keeps lighting it up, what could have been had we got rid of Cam back in 2010 like we should have.

Blog Entries

Since Caldwell took over... (excluding the Bungles game since nobody played or tried)

108 QB Rating 9 TD's 1 INT 294 yards/game

Caldwell has impressed on many levels so far, but the one that really I don't think he gets nearly enough credit on, is the regular season closer vs. Cincy. He put together a pretty good game plan based on Tyrod's skill set and put him in a position to win the game. Granted, we lost, but he played their starters for most of the game.

Blog Entries

One thing also to consider is that Caldwell is not Cam. Meaning = Flacco would probably have been happy with anyone else. Now IMO Caldwell has done a good job getting the best out of our offense. Joe is likely so elated that he will rise to the QB level he should have if he didn't have an anal retentive Ocoordinator. Everybody wins with this move... Bc

Blog Entries

On one hand, I could have my complaints about the plethora of first down runs, seemingly all up the middle. On the other hand, they'd scored 28 points by that time on offense.

They weren't doing that with Cam to begin with.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    On one hand, I could have my complaints about the plethora of first down runs, seemingly all up the middle. On the other hand, they'd scored 28 points by that time on offense.

They weren't doing that with Cam to begin with.
    Correction: They scored 21.

1 TD was a pick-6 by Corey Graham.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Correction: They scored 21.

1 TD was a pick-6 by Corey Graham.
    I'm talking about by overtime.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I believe the ultra conservative play calling is a Harbaugh thing. Last year at the beginning of the New England game the offense was ultra conservative. It was almost like they had to fail running the ball before Harbaugh would let him open it up. Same thing in the Chargers game this year. Harbaugh said going into Chargers game that he wanted to make it a physical AFC North game. Going into halftime of Broncos game Harbaugh said that they would be able to run in the second half.

The team won but running Rice up the middle nearly cost them the game. It took "The Bomb" to tie the game.
    The Ravens had 9 first down plays in the 2nd half. 8 of them were runs averaging 2.1 ypc. Only one of the 8 was for more than 3 yards and that was a 4 yard run by pierce. The one pass play on first down was a 17 yard pickup by Boldin.

One thing they did do nicely was running on 2nd and long. It was unexpected and it worked. Of the 8 times running on first down they rushed 7 times on 2nd down as well. Of those 7 times the offense ended up in 3rd and longer than 5.

It think this is more of reflection of Harbaugh than Cam or Caldwell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm talking about by overtime.
    Right on. I thought you meant by the end of the regular game.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.