Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Jason La Confora: Kruger looking for 9m/year...

I think he's gone. The Ravens aren't going to give a guy with a half season of good production in his walk year a huge deal like that. I doubt they'd pay him $5 or $6 million per year, let alone $9 million.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Hell no on the 9 mil. If he played every game like the last couple since he was drafted maybe. But he don't he shows up half the games hence 9 sacks.

Blog Entries

I read this article as well. He also said Balt FO has off the field concerns with both Kruger and Cary Williams. Are they known as head cases? First I've heard of them being "problem" players.

It's typical agent speak, this way worse case scenario is you get tagged.

Blog Entries

Still don't understand where this notion is coming from that Kruger is just a situational player, he played 63 snaps against the Colts for example, that's not situational play.

The FO doesn't let special players walk away. If they believe Kruger is blossoming into that special player they will get a deal done.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Time to put Kruger on a milk carton, because I have not seen him all day.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    Hell no on the 9 mil. If he played every game like the last couple since he was drafted maybe. But he don't he shows up half the games hence 9 sacks.
    Isn't this his first year starting? Its apparent he is a higher impact player than Johnson was. He is going to get paid no matter how much some people want to downplay his contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Still don't understand where this notion is coming from that Kruger is just a situational player, he played 63 snaps against the Colts for example, that's not situational play.
    This. Kruger's playing start snaps and that is just fine by me. Sure, he's not that great against the run, but he's good enough. The guy is just too good rushing the passer. He's also pretty good dropping into coverage surprisingly.

At this point IMO he's played his way ahead of Ellerbe as the #2 offseason priority (after Flacco of course.)

I like Kruger but at 9million a year no thanks.
    Personally I would invest that 9 million and little extra on a LT
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    This. Kruger's playing start snaps and that is just fine by me. Sure, he's not that great against the run, but he's good enough. The guy is just too good rushing the passer. He's also pretty good dropping into coverage surprisingly.

At this point IMO he's played his way ahead of Ellerbe as the #2 offseason priority (after Flacco of course.)
    Could not disagree with you more. Ellerbe does not get the sexy numbers (sacks) but the dude does a lot more heavy lifting IMO than Kruger. Would love to have em both back but if I had to pick one I will go with Ellerbe and draft or sign another rush end/LB
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

What he asks for and what he gets is a different story... Its not impossible to get 9/per but id expect more of a.market at 8.
    -JAB