Ravens 43-3 in second half vs opponents

Where are all of the Billick haters now? That shows we are slow to start off but we are making the adjustments to the opponent at halftime.

If we could just get off to a faster start.....I tell ya....

Re: Ravens 43-3 in second half vs opponents

This team sucks in every situation that doesn't matter and is brilliant in every siatuation that does matter.

It looked to me like Rex Ryan was being completely outcoached in the first half, because their offense was making our defense look bad, but it was a totally different story in the second half. I don't know what adjustments they made at halftime, but whatever it was, it worked.

As far as FTB's comment that the team sucks in situations that don't matter and are brilliant when it counts, I think that applies directly to McNair. He has really not played that well overall, but in the past two games, he has really come through when it counted. Totally clutch. I guess you could say the same thing about the defense, now that I think about it.

The Sd O line was doing the job in the first half,we had no pressure whatsoever on Rivers.There is a reason why they had not allowed a sack until the last 30 seconds,if you dont count the fumble and fall that Ray got.

During the radio broadcast they kept mentioning that you could tell SD had a bye week to prepare. They had put a bunch of new formationas in that looked to be confusing the defense. It looks like we got that fixed in the second half.

That's impressive. :D
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

I didn't realize that until I heard that yesterday. That's outstanding. If they can keep doing that many more wins coming.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    It looked to me like Rex Ryan was being completely outcoached in the first half, because their offense was making our defense look bad, but it was a totally different story in the second half. I don't know what adjustments they made at halftime, but whatever it was, it worked.

As far as FTB's comment that the team sucks in situations that don't matter and are brilliant when it counts, I think that applies directly to McNair. He has really not played that well overall, but in the past two games, he has really come through when it counted. Totally clutch. I guess you could say the same thing about the defense, now that I think about it.
    I'm pretty sure the halftime adjustment was on the other side of the field. Schottenheimer decided to abandon what was working because he was terrified that Rivers would throw another pick and we'd be close to another easy score. So he went into run-and-punt mode and assumed the 13-7 lead was safe.