Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PSL question....

Hey all!

After my AMAZING experience this weekend.... I have decided I'd drive down from CT for the 8ish Home games

I am looking into PSL, and being a season ticket holder. I understand there is a 3000 person waiting list...

But for you PSL owners, what is your experience? What is it like?
    If you can't get to a game, are you making money off your tickets?

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Re: PSL question....

Yeah good luck getting PSL's off the waiting list, unless you have a few years to wait. Your best bet is the marketplace and craigslist.

As for the experience, I don't know what you're asking. The game day experience? You saw that. The experience of owning PSL's? Ummm it means I dont have to worry about if I'm gonna get my tickets to a game, or have to pay 2 and 3 times face value for them.

Yes you'll always make money off your tickets if you cant make a game.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by batman55 View Post
    Hey all!

After my AMAZING experience this weekend.... I have decided I'd drive down from CT for the 8ish Home games

I am looking into PSL, and being a season ticket holder. I understand there is a 3000 person waiting list...

But for you PSL owners, what is your experience? What is it like?
    If you can't get to a game, are you making money off your tickets?

Thanks!
    I've been a PSL owner since day one. It's awesome. I've got 5 total. In recent years I have not been able to go to all the games so I will sell them often. Depending on where your seats are you can make very good money. I know many folks who own extra PSLs for investment purposes.
    Funny you mention wait list because I'm on it now. I've got a pretty low position # so I think my number might come up either next year or year after next. I've been on it for 8 years. For what's worth I've got 3 PSLs (upper level though) for sale as well as my wait list position #. Tickets prices are going up next year and it will be too pricey for me to hang on to 5 PSLs as oppose to a pair. PM me if interested.

What I mean by psl experience is do they do anything separate for season ticket holders?

Good luck with the list. It's 3000 deep and you won't get a shot this decade.

I bought (and sold) mine via the secondary market. And yes, you're going to pay out the ass.

My two PSL's were in section 123 and I paid $12k for both. I sold them last year to help pay for my wedding and surgery for my wife for $16k.

Yikes didn't realize the mark up is that expensive...,

Sounds like I might be better off buying single game tickets

Only a fool goes on the waiting list. You might not get them in your lifetime if we don't have long periods of being horrible. And then, you might not want them anyway. The waiting list is capped at 3,000 people, sure, but consider that most normal people sell their PSL when they don't want it any more. The only way for the waiting list to move is if for some reason the original owner of the PSL didn't want their money back, and just gave it back to the Ravens for nothing in return. Either that, if you would have to hope for the Ravens to add seats to the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by batman55 View Post
    What I mean by psl experience is do they do anything separate for season ticket holders?
    they give you frst shot at additional playoff tickets. i got an extra set for this year. you get a yearbook and a touch class this year was a christmas card. you also get first shot at tickets for stadium events such as soccer, [U]2 concert and lacross tournaments.

don't depend onmaking a lot of money on tickets. things have been good the last few years due to winning and meanngful games in december. that doesn't last forever.

I actually sold mine at the beginning of the season. I haven't looked since then, but the value had gone down a good bit due to the economy. Might be a good time...

Selling tickets also depends on the opponent and the economy. I've made quite a bit, and just a little.

During the latter part of the 2007 season, you could not sell tickets at even face value. Be wary about buying PSLs as an "investment". We may have the toughest stadium in the NFL for visiting teams, but our fan base is still fickle.

I have 6 PSLs (down from 10). I lease out 4 on a seasonal basis at face value. This will permit my kids to take over the tickets in the future, if they can afford them. I know others have done the same, either as lessors or lessees. Watch Craiglist during offseason.

btw: another advantage not called out above is the (slim) opportunity to go the the Super Bowl.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

This is the link to the marketplace... You can buy directly from the owner without going thru the waitlist. You can view the seat before bidding by calling the office. Usually on Fridays.
    If you decide to buy from someone on Craigslist then you can verify and do the whole transaction at the office.
    On the marketplace they take care of the transaction for you.
    You can view sales data on the marketplace as well.

I went thru Craigslist. But they were listed on the marketplace $700 higher.