Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Stat Dump: Flacco plays better late in the season

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    tell me about it.
    For some reason I subjected myself to watching that replay about 50 times recently. There are so many things Evans could have done, I think the best of which would have been to make the catch and fall backwards hugging the ball. He was basically face to face with the defender when he caught it and falling would have allowed him to quickly get out of reach and protect the ball.

he should be, thats gotta be as one of the biggest choke moments in the history of the NFL.
    Could be worse. Remember Jackie Smith in Superbowl 9 against the Steelers? Wide open in the endzone, no one around to cover or knock the ball out. Hits him right in the chest. Dropped it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    For some reason I subjected myself to watching that replay about 50 times recently. There are so many things Evans could have done, I think the best of which would have been to make the catch and fall backwards hugging the ball. He was basically face to face with the defender when he caught it and falling would have allowed him to quickly get out of reach and protect the ball.
    why would you do that?:D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Could be worse. Remember Jackie Smith in Superbowl 9 against the Steelers? Wide open in the endzone, no one around to cover or knock the ball out. Hits him right in the chest. Dropped it.
    holy crap that was bad too, what hole is he hiding in now? I haven't heard that name in forever.

holy crap that was bad too, what hole is he hiding in now? I haven't heard that name in forever.
    No idea but wouldn't be surprised if he and Lee Evans became roomates:)

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    No idea but wouldn't be surprised if he and Lee Evans became roomates:)
    Along with poor Bill Buckner.

At least Evans had help dropping his pass. Smith's drop and Buckner's error were completely individual efforts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JStruds View Post

At least Evans had help dropping his pass. Smith's drop and Buckner's error were completely individual efforts.
    yikes..bruckner geesh!!

Quote Originally Posted by JStruds View Post

Poor guy. Buckner would have to get his own room. There's no other option.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Every time I see that play, I get so pissed off. Flacco couldn't have thrown that ball any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    Is Lee Evans still curled up in a corner somewhere?
    Don't ask and I'll tell you no lies....

You guys familiar with the video game series "Hitman" with Agent 47? Yeah he's a mate, and let's just say he owes me one.....
    ;)
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    Is Lee Evans still curled up in a corner somewhere?
    He is hanging out with Bill Buckner. :o

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

This de railed quickly

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Since 2009 (so just excluding his rookie year), he has had a 93.8 QB rating in the final quarter of the regular season + play-offs combined. I'll take that any day. The man steps it up late in the year, and that's not an insignificant factor in why we get into the play-offs and win play-off games every year.

That has been improving ever since, as well. His cumulative late-season QB Rating has improved every year since his rookie year, to an all-time high this season.
    When you figure he was hurt in '09 (hip injury, if I recall correctly), that's even more impressive. That he was doing it with Cameron's limited playcalling only builds on it.

I watched the replay last night and again today (I'm one of those whose DVR wasn't set right). His movement in the pocket and out of it against the Irsays was as welcome as it was impressive given what we've watched the last several years with Flacco.

On the PI against Boldin, he moves forward in the pocket to escape Mathis and Freeney, then slides down the line of scrimmage before making a great throw to Boldin. It gets negated by Boldin being called for pushing off, but it's still something we haven't seen much of from Flacco. It's not just the designed roll-outs. He's moving around a lot more since Caldwell took over the playcalling, buying time and discombobulating the defense.