Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Manning - In starts with game time temp under 40 degrees

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Don't have a chance? Shuttttt up.
    Oops, sorry. Just had my purple Kool-Aid and ready to toe the company line. It's gonna be 20 degrees and this somehow affects the HOME team but not the ROAD team. Somehow, the veteran Manning will have a hard time throwing in the frozen tundra but the visiting Flacco will have no trouble, hostile crowd and elevation aside. Alright, boss?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule2 View Post
    Are you guys totally ignoring what the cold will do to Flacco's passes? I seem to remember he likes to heave the ball deep a couple of times a game. Is he gonna have the same accuracy with the heavy ball? If you don't think the cold will affect the Ravens also, you're more delusional than I thought. What about the Elevation? Did you forget about that? Don't kid yourself - unless the Ravens force beaucoup turnovers, they don't have a chance, and you know it.
    No. Yes. What about it? No.

The bad stats on Manning are below 40 and we're now looking at a game in the teens. I recently moved to Denver and went back to Maryland for the holidays and froze for a week. Despite what you might think, the damp air in Maryland is bone chilling cold. Have you ever been there? Also, how can the air be thin outside while the air in the ball is heavy? Who's delusional? Plus, I have found the elevation is not a big deal at 5,280'. Over 9,000' I notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    No. Yes. What about it? No.

The bad stats on Manning are below 40 and we're now looking at a game in the teens. I recently moved to Denver and went back to Maryland for the holidays and froze for a week. Despite what you might think, the damp air in Maryland is bone chilling cold. Have you ever been there? Also, how can the air be thin outside while the air in the ball is heavy? Who's delusional? Plus, I have found the elevation is not a big deal at 5,280'. Over 9,000' I notice.
    Ask anyone throwing a freezing football, it's feels heavier. BTW, have you try running around in full football gear at 5280 feet? Hey, why believe me? Ask the football players who have to play at Denver and see if they say it doesn't affect them.

Ask anyone throwing a freezing football, it's feels heavier. BTW, have you try running around in full football gear at 5280 feet? Hey, why believe me? Ask the football players who have to play at Denver and see if they say it doesn't affect them.
    Elevation is a factor but often overstated @ pile high. 197-123 gets you an all time .615 home field record. Not too far over 50-50. If you built it at 6,500' or above that would be significant. I moved out here in September and have hiked with the locals above that keeping up just fine. The cold weather for this game will make a hard hit sting more, so that advantage goes to the more physical team.

BTW, since you've been watching our team in the playoffs for the last several years you may have noticed that Joe plays just fine in the cold, that's not a concern. I'd sure worry about that though if coming into this game if he had a bad history of playing poorly below 40 degrees for a game played in the teens

Are you guys totally ignoring what the cold will do to Flacco's passes? I seem to remember he likes to heave the ball deep a couple of times a game. Is he gonna have the same accuracy with the heavy ball? If you don't think the cold will affect the Ravens also, you're more delusional than I thought. What about the Elevation? Did you forget about that? Don't kid yourself - unless the Ravens force beaucoup turnovers, they don't have a chance, and you know it.
    I am generally positive about this game.

When they last played us, our defense kept it real for over half of the game. Flacco fumbled on 3rd and 1, a play that would have been a first down and threw a very stupid pass resulting in a pick six. We were missing Yanda, Pollard, Ray, and Dickson. We were not playing Mckinnie. It was our first game under our new OC.

I like the way the Caldwell is calling our games... we have better/appropriate routes (use the field and not rely on isolation routes) and I loved the way Rice was blocking Mathis, slipped off and gained 47 yards. We have our spiritual leader back and we're emotional with his retirement.

Let's not forget that Flacco out performed Brady last year in the AFCCG.

We have a very real shot.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That ball is going to be hard as a rock and difficult to grip.
    Better not throw it to Tandon Doss.

Blog Entries

Another reason his past is not as good comparison as we might like -- his Colt teams were entirely designed for indoor arena-style, two hand touch football.

His Bronco team is designed for this environment.

So while his play (and that of most QB's) may drop off in the cold, I would not expect the team overall to drop off too much, and certainly not the way I'd expect a dome team to drop off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 00Ravens View Post
    Better not throw it to Tandon Doss.
    first playoff game... ill chalk that one up to nerves until further notice. He has pretty good hands typically. Also, while certainly catchable, they werent necessarily the easiest of catches.
    -JAB

9. Re: Manning - In starts with game time temp under 40 degrees

But Manning has the superior short passing game, as opposed to Flacco who needs to thrown the ball deep to be effective.
    Flacco's had plenty of practice (and success) throwing the ball short on all those quick dumpoffs to Rice.
    Lately, we've been sending receivers on shorter patterns, the one thing that has been missing are WR screens. And that is one of my concerns, because executed correctly, a few screens can help neutralize a relentless pass rush. Maybe we'll finally see some well executed screens this game, maybe we won't.
    The weather does give us a bit of an advantage though; Manning's from the South, went to Tennessee, then to the Colts, so he's played too many games in a dome or where it's warm, he's never going to be comfortable in the cold.
    Flacco's from New Jersey, went to Delaware, played outdoors in Baltimore--all up North, so he's used to the cold.
    That advantage can make a difference.

Oops, sorry. Just had my purple Kool-Aid and ready to toe the company line. It's gonna be 20 degrees and this somehow affects the HOME team but not the ROAD team. Somehow, the veteran Manning will have a hard time throwing in the frozen tundra but the visiting Flacco will have no trouble, hostile crowd and elevation aside. Alright, boss?
    You are right. The Ravens should just start Tyrod and start thinking about the future.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    I'm ready for this game. Maybe Manning have a bad day...because this Raven D will be ready. Flacco needs scoring drives!! The Baltimore Ravens are hot now, as Den was in reg season. If we got any scoring drives the last meet, we had a great chance of winning. Cam was fired, so crazy week! Raven Nation is coming, We will Beat the Broncos, and get revenge with tucker in the AFC championship Game. Purple Pride GO RAVENS
    hot?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    You are right. The Ravens should just start Tyrod and start thinking about the future.
    Please don't quote the troll :D

He's on ignore for a reason