Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Manning - In starts with game time temp under 40 degrees

Heard today on 105.7. Manning is career 7-7 in regular season, 0-3 in playoffs (7-10 overall) in games started outdoors with game time temp of less than 40 degrees. I wonder if his age and all of those years in dome play will embrace a start this weekend with temps in the teens?? More INT's than TD's in those games too.

Wow. Very interesting. Thanks for the post. Supposed to snow too!

Blog Entries

Re: Manning - In starts with game time temp under 40 degrees

That ball is going to be hard as a rock and difficult to grip.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

We can only hope. Maybe the Ravens run all over the broncos and they'll need manning to throw in order to keep them in it. I could see a 21-16 game won by the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by cealex1223 View Post
    Heard today on 105.7. Manning is career 7-7 in regular season, 0-3 in playoffs (7-10 overall) in games started outdoors with game time temp of less than 40 degrees. I wonder if his age and all of those years in dome play will embrace a start this weekend with temps in the teens?? More INT's than TD's in those games too.
    Manning is also 1-3 at home in playoff games after a bye week.. The one win was the infamous Ed Reed PI/Ed Reed INT-fumble game.

Manning's stats in 14 regular season games under 40 degrees:

296/454 for 3586 yds, 23 TDs / 14 INTs: QB rating of 93.36

In the 3 playoff games under 40 degrees:

64/120 for 612 yds, 1 TD / 7 INTs: QB rating of 46.25

The 3 playoff games (all losses) were: 41-0 at Jets; 24-14 at Patriots; 20-3 at Patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That ball is going to be hard as a rock and difficult to grip.
    yes it will and slippery, thats the worst thing about cold weather football, cant feel the laces so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    yes it will and slippery, thats the worst thing about cold weather football, cant feel the laces so well.
    A sloppy game always benefits the underdog.

Hell, a sloppy game would have benefitted us even if we weren't underdogs, based on how streaky we are.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Manning has been wearing a glove now for weeks although he can't practice in the cold since it's fairly warm in Denver now. Saturday will be much colder than it has been in a while which is good. Right now the forecast is a high of 22 and low of 10. The Raven's bench is fortunately in the sun so the offense needs to keep him on the cold shaded bench with sustained drives. Being a southerner his record suggests he's a wuzzie for the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Manning's stats in 14 regular season games under 40 degrees:

296/454 for 3586 yds, 23 TDs / 14 INTs: QB rating of 93.36

In the 3 playoff games under 40 degrees:

64/120 for 612 yds, 1 TD / 7 INTs: QB rating of 46.25

The 3 playoff games (all losses) were: 41-0 at Jets; 24-14 at Patriots; 20-3 at Patriots.
    Thx for posting, I was trying to recall the stats from memory, so this is great. I like our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Manning has been wearing a glove now for weeks although he can't practice in the cold since it's fairly warm in Denver now. Saturday will be much colder than it has been in a while which is good. Right now the forecast is a high of 22 and low of 10. The Raven's bench is fortunately in the sun so the offense needs to keep him on the cold shaded bench with sustained drives. Being a southerner his record suggests he's a wuzzie for the cold.
    That is correct. Wont get cold til Friday. No way to prepare for cold that hasnt arrived yet. I think from game film, that Pollard and Ellerbe back with Ray calling signals instead of Bynes is a huge upgrade. I expect a lot of blitzes with those 3 back from injury. Denver never plays well in cold weather for some reason, nobody can figure why out it here. It's a pretty big concern with some knowledgeable Bronco fans. His record in cold and playoffs stand by itself. It will be a close low scoring game, turnovers will determine the winner.

Wonder if Frankenneck will wear a NECKWARMER.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN