Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Manning - In starts with game time temp under 40 degrees

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Manning has been wearing a glove now for weeks although he can't practice in the cold since it's fairly warm in Denver now. Saturday will be much colder than it has been in a while which is good. Right now the forecast is a high of 22 and low of 10. The Raven's bench is fortunately in the sun so the offense needs to keep him on the cold shaded bench with sustained drives. Being a southerner his record suggests he's a wuzzie for the cold.
    Local weather guys reporting it will be 10-12 degrees at kickoff. Love it. Manning being fitted for a parka.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    A sloppy game always benefits the underdogs.
    BS, you just made that up.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Wonder if Frankenneck will wear a NECKWARMER.
    Funny you mentioned it.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/dam/asse...-image-cut.jpg

Are you guys totally ignoring what the cold will do to Flacco's passes? I seem to remember he likes to heave the ball deep a couple of times a game. Is he gonna have the same accuracy with the heavy ball? If you don't think the cold will affect the Ravens also, you're more delusional than I thought. What about the Elevation? Did you forget about that? Don't kid yourself - unless the Ravens force beaucoup turnovers, they don't have a chance, and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    In the 3 playoff games under 40 degrees:

64/120 for 612 yds, 1 TD / 7 INTs: QB rating of 46.25

The 3 playoff games (all losses) were: 41-0 at Jets; 24-14 at Patriots; 20-3 at Patriots.
    And in those 3 playoff games, he played for inferior teams as heavy underdogs on the ROAD!

On Saturday, his team is a heavy favorite at HOME!

6. Re: Manning - In starts with game time temp under 40 degrees

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule2 View Post
    Are you guys totally ignoring what the cold will do to Flacco's passes? I seem to remember he likes to heave the ball deep a couple of times a game. Is he gonna have the same accuracy with the heavy ball? If you don't think the cold will affect the Ravens also, you're more delusional than I thought. What about the Elevation? Did you forget about that? Don't kid yourself - unless the Ravens force beaucoup turnovers, they don't have a chance, and you know it.
    I don't think anyone here "knows" that, and please excuse RAVENS fans for finding legitimate reasons to be optimistic about the RAVENS chances this weekend.

Troll alert.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Blog Entries

Don't have a chance? Shuttttt up.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravengirl View Post
    Troll alert.
    +1

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

As a former DB and DB coach, Flacco has superior arm strength to get the ball through the cold and wind where Manning does not and relies on touch and doesnt throw spirals that will get held up. Also, on hard cold fields people don't realize how slippery they are, timing routes and cuts will be difficult for both Db and WR alike. It will make for a ball control plodding type game. It's also more difficult to hold onto the ball as well. This favors the underdog. It will be a game that favors POWER over speed and finesse. The weather will effect both QB's of course, making them MORE conservative. Hence, low scoring game with the running game featured more and short drop off passes with occasional long passes. It is also hard on kickoff coverage trying to cut on a cold slick feild, you might see some long returns in this game by both sides. From not playing in two weeks to playing in extreme cold weather might be a bit of a shock or it might not, I think more of a shock.
    Last edited by Boulderraven; 01-09-2013 at 01:12 AM.

I'm ready for this game. Maybe Manning have a bad day...because this Raven D will be ready. Flacco needs scoring drives!! The Baltimore Ravens are hot now, as Den was in reg season. If we got any scoring drives the last meet, we had a great chance of winning. Cam was fired, so crazy week! Raven Nation is coming, We will Beat the Broncos, and get revenge with tucker in the AFC championship Game. Purple Pride GO RAVENS

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    As a former DB and DB coach, Flacco has superior arm strength to get the ball through the cold and wind where Manning does not and relies on touch and doesnt throw spirals that will get held up. Also, on hard cold fields people don't realize how slippery they are, timing routes and cuts will be difficult for both Db and WR alike. It will make for a ball control plodding type game. It's also more difficult to hold onto the ball as well. This favors the underdog. It will be a game that favors POWER over speed and finesse. The weather will effect both QB's of course, making them MORE conservative. Hence, low scoring game with the running game featured more and short drop off passes with occasional long passes. It is also hard on kickoff coverage trying to cut on a cold slick feild, you might see some long returns in this game by both sides. From not playing in two weeks to playing in extreme cold weather might be a bit of a shock or it might not, I think more of a shock.
    But Manning has the superior short passing game, as opposed to Flacco who needs to thrown the ball deep to be effective. Which passes will be more affected in inclement weather? And might I remind you that this game is at DENVER, where the crowd noise will be a negative factor for the Ravens? The guys on this thread are harping that Manning is 0-3 in the playoffs when the temp is below 40, but the Colts were heavy underdogs playing on the road. This time it's totally different.