Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let them yap

Let them yap

The broncos have been irrelevant since the turn of the millenium. They have had a good year in a weak division. They have manning but are still the same broncos. They beat us when we were at our lowest during the season after 2 hard fought steeler games and a west coast trip and a tough loss to the skins. We had alot of makeshift going on defense and a change in OC. Let them run their yaps as it will be short lived then back to the Jake Plummers of the world in a few years. They can only hope to be like the Ravens and to be the best you have to beat the best. We have been to the show every year for 5 straight and are always a tough out. Their idiotic fans are living in the moment where as we are in the moment every year. I have faith that our experience in playoffs will pay off. They were blown off the field the last time they played a play off game in NE and that was the same defense we play saturday. My gut feeling is we put up points early and deflate their defense.

Re: Let them yap

Checked some stats earlier, since 1996, the broncos have played the Ravens 10 times(including this year). They only have beat the Ravens 4 times in those 1o games. They need this game badly, hope the Ravens deny them this win.

As Ray has said before. Yap yap yap yap, Ya gotta buckle up the chin strap. And this game, he is buckling up his.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    The broncos have been irrelevant since the turn of the millenium. They have had a good year in a weak division. They have manning but are still the same broncos. They beat us when we were at our lowest during the season after 2 hard fought steeler games and a west coast trip and a tough loss to the skins. We had alot of makeshift going on defense and a change in OC. Let them run their yaps as it will be short lived then back to the Jake Plummers of the world in a few years. They can only hope to be like the Ravens and to be the best you have to beat the best. We have been to the show every year for 5 straight and are always a tough out. Their idiotic fans are living in the moment where as we are in the moment every year. I have faith that our experience in playoffs will pay off. They were blown off the field the last time they played a play off game in NE and that was the same defense we play saturday. My gut feeling is we put up points early and deflate their defense.
    Tom Brady and the Patriots can make even good defenses look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Tom Brady and the Patriots can make even good defenses look bad.

Yes and they can still lose 31-30.

#FIREROMAN

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Yes and they can still lose 31-30.
    Funny, but in that game they Tom and Co. made a bad defense look good at the end.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    As Ray has said before. Yap yap yap yap, Ya gotta buckle up the chin strap. And this game, he is buckling up his.
    Ray even said that this week. At the end of the day, they still gotta play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    They need this game badly, hope the Ravens deny them this win.
    Last time I checked, the Ravens need it badly too.

1996 is ancient history in NFL terms because there are no one on that team who is also on this team's roster. You're comparing apples and oranges.

Blog Entries

There's a lot of things going against the Ravens this game:

1. Manning hasn't lost to us since 2001
    2. Denver has won 11 straight
    3. Ravens are on a short week, vs Broncos on 2 week rest
    4. High altitude game on the road

I remember another time we seemed to have EVERYTHING against us...2010 Wild Card game.

We were set to play NE in the playoffs. We had never beaten NE. NEVER! Not in a regular season game, not in a playoff game. Joe Flacco had been dealing with a mysterious injury he claimed he didn't have. And to boot, we were travelling to NE. Oh btw, we had Greg "Vanilla" Mattison against Tom Brady.

What happened? 83 yard run for TD on first play. Turnover by Tom Brady, Turnover by Tom Brady, Turnover by Tom Brady...We came out and absolutely STUNNED that crowd. It was so over, Joe only attempted 10 passes in that game. For 4 completions.

It's all on a bit of luck, but I'm of the opinion when one team has SO much going for it, THAT is where you have to guard against an upset. Rememeber this year, when Steelers came in we were on the verge of setting a record for consecutive wins vs division, and we were at home, where we ALWAYS won, and we were playing Charlie Batch....And we lost.

I just think when a team seems to have the odds stacked against them, you have to be careful, because that's just a couple propane tanks and a lit match under them.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

RR2-

You said (in part), "...there are [sic] no one on that team [I assume you refer to the 1996 Ravens?] who is also on this team's roster."

Wanna bet? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    RR2-

You said (in part), "...there are [sic] no one on that team [I assume you refer to the 1996 Ravens?] who is also on this team's roster."

Wanna bet? ;)
    My post wasn't a comparison, just a fact that the Broncos haven't owned the Ravens and that the Ravens have bested them 6 times in 10 games. Let RR2 have his time, he obviously knows all. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    RR2-

Wanna bet? ;)
    Kinda funny with all of the HYPE last week. So not the sharpest tool in the drawer are they. Even the butter knife is sharper than them. Maybe RR2 can be the Slotted Spoon? ;)

#FIREROMAN