Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Matt Cavanaugh is AVAILABLE

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    oh my this should get interesting
    No interesting would be playing the Jets next year with Cam as their OC:)

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    A little off topic I guess but it's going to be odd seeing Rex Ryan and Woody Johnson do a press conference today with no QB coach, offensive coordinator, a defensive coordinator who declined a contract extension and no GM. Talk about a franchise in disarray.
    And the fans know it, they're already putting their PSLs up for a fraction of what they paid for, and some are even defaulting on them.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/j...gstG9ElHn4hfZN
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Hey, if Rex hired Cavanaugh after all the years of mediocrity under Billick, why wouldn't he hire Cam? That'd be an UPGRADE to Cavanaugh (I know Cavanaugh was only the QB coach there, but...)
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    A little off topic I guess but it's going to be odd seeing Rex Ryan and Woody Johnson do a press conference today with no QB coach, offensive coordinator, a defensive coordinator who declined a contract extension and no GM. Talk about a franchise in disarray.
    I don't agree with that part. Obviously the franchise needs to rebuild a bit. The press conference will probably explain why they dismissed Sparano and Cavanaugh. Pettine is possibly going to Buffalo, but he also said before the season was over that he still would like to remain with the Jets. Honestly, the decline was likely more because he didn't know Rex's future, so he wanted to keep his options open.

There's plenty of other odd parts to go around. The QB mess there, the tattoo, Rex's normal personality, the fact that they blew off the NFL policy to have a PC the week after the season ends...

Rex is going to have to go big or go home this year. Unless he's got a magic act coming, looks like he might be looking for a DC job next year. Might work out perfectly for the Pees situation...Give Pees one year minus Ray with a healthier D, if he can't do it, you might be able to snare Rex Ryan as AHC/DC. Or he gets it done and you've got a good DC who won't be leaving for a HC gig.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Rex is going to have to go big or go home this year. Unless he's got a magic act coming, looks like he might be looking for a DC job next year. Might work out perfectly for the Pees situation...Give Pees one year minus Ray with a healthier D, if he can't do it, you might be able to snare Rex Ryan as AHC/DC. Or he gets it done and you've got a good DC who won't be leaving for a HC gig.
    I gotta disagree, bringing a blowhard like Rex back is the WORST possible thing the Ravens could do. Everyone saw the locker room slowly dividing between offense and defense toward the end of Billick's run here, I read that it was egged on by Rex.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

6. Re: Matt Cavanaugh is AVAILABLE

The QB mess there, the tattoo, Rex's normal personality, the fact that they blew off the NFL policy to have a PC the week after the season ends...
    Normal?
    Rex? ...Normal?!

7. Re: Matt Cavanaugh is AVAILABLE

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    FWIW; WEEI up here is reporting that Norv Turner and Cam are the two names being thrown around to be the new Jets OC.
    Why?
    The Jets don't have the WRs or O-line for the Air Coryell and Sanchez doesn't have the arm for it.

I don't agree with that part. Obviously the franchise needs to rebuild a bit. The press conference will probably explain why they dismissed Sparano and Cavanaugh. Pettine is possibly going to Buffalo, but he also said before the season was over that he still would like to remain with the Jets. Honestly, the decline was likely more because he didn't know Rex's future, so he wanted to keep his options open.

There's plenty of other odd parts to go around. The QB mess there, the tattoo, Rex's normal personality, the fact that they blew off the NFL policy to have a PC the week after the season ends...

Huh?? What the heck are you talking? What part of my post do you disagree with?? I simply stated facts. The DC declined a contract extension. Nothing more, nothing less.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Quick somebody see if we can't get some kind of restraining order to keep him out of the State of Maryland! Don't let him with 1,000 miles of Baltimore ever again!!
    I find two things very wrong with what you say!
    First, there is a second team that plays in Maryland :D
    Second, Pittsburgh is only 196.1 miles away, we must let him within 1000 miles of here ;) ;)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

OMG, Rex is not coming back here. There is no way Harbaugh would hire him, no way he wants Rex's circus act undermining him. I doubt Bisciotti does either. And finally, I doubt Rex would want to come back here with his tail between his legs. When he gets fired after this next season, he'll want to go somewhere new as DC where he can rebuild a defense and make a case for him to get another chance as a HC. He'll also want a place where he can stay in the spotlight. That isn't happening here.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    FWIW; WEEI up here is reporting that Norv Turner and Cam are the two names being thrown around to be the new Jets OC.
    The Jests with Mark Sanchez AND Cam Cameron??? A dream scenario for all non-Jest fans. Please, please, please, let it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    OMG, Rex is not coming back here. There is no way Harbaugh would hire him, no way he wants Rex's circus act undermining him. I doubt Bisciotti does either.
    Exactly. Here we go again with the "Bring back Rex" stuff. Ain't gonna happen, folks.

Blog Entries

You said it was odd for them to have a press conference with all those pieces missing. Not really, it's their end of the year press conference, where he says "we underachieved, we got rid of these pieces for these reasons"

The elephant in the room is that no matter which OC and which QB coach and which GM you bring in, you married yourself to Sanchez (you being Jets and Woody). Are the issues with Sanchez because he has the wrong coaches or teammates? I really doubt it...

For the record, I don't care if Rex is here or not. He's in a bit of a downfall, but he could possibly mature (we saw that a bit already with him stopping that ridiculous crap about predicting a SB win for them). Then again, I don't have a problem with Pees, I think with another year and more health, he's got a solid D mind. We're not talking Mattison here. He'll never be Pagano, but he'll be solid enough.

And by normal, I mean that this is how Rex is 365 days a year. This is not something new.