Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The Good And The Bad (Week 4)

Quote Originally Posted by Norcross View Post
    The shovel pass to Wilcox was a good call, the Chargers just made the play.
    I agree, and the play apperared to be working. You would hope Wilcox would be able to get that last yard on his own. It was happy to see them trying something new.

I am a believer -- would rather they play poorly and win that the reverse

We had 2 good shots at TDs -- the fumble and the play that Mason never saw :grbac:

However, if Lewis up the middle for 2 isn't working -- TRY SOMETHING ELSE FOR A CHANGE!! They were getting traction with McNair throwing on first and it was working -- why didn't they keep going to that. I honestly felt like the coordinators were upstairs saying -- we gotta run up the middle again -- its our "profile"

anyway who cares -- we're 4-0. JUST WIN BABY!!!!

Mason lost it in the sun

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    PurpleRulz,

Every week, the offense leaves me scratching my head. Last week, it was the reverse on our own 20s with 2 mins remaining. This week, it was the shovel pass at the 2. Totally unacceptable!

That being said, I Think this team should take a good look at itself during the final minutes of the past few games and ask themselves which plan works best.

As for the offensive line, it's... well.... OFFENSIVE... especially Mike Flynn.

At the beginning of the game, the Chargers knew we were gonna stack the line against LT. So what did they do? Throw quick outs, and they were successful. That's what I think we should do, just to get the defense off our running game.

Is that asking too much of Billick?
    Billick? Fassel calls the plays.

Norcross,

Im sorry but I believe that on 2nd and goal from the 1 you just pound it until you break free. We got too cute and got burned for it.

Ultimatley, yes, Wilcox did fumble that ball, but that play should have never been called in the first place.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

The Ravens didn't deserve to win.

But every year when a team goes 11-5, 12-4 or 13-3, they win games they don't "deserve to win". That's how you get to be 12-4. You win two or three "by accident". If you lose those games, you're 9-7. The Ravens have been very fortunate to have played against two of the league's coaching nitwits on successive weeks.

Last week, Crennel handed them the game with that dumb ass decision to throw the ball with 3:21 left in the game.

This week, it came down to the fact that the Chargers have ZERO faith in their QB to do anything except hand the ball off. What planet is Marty on, anyway? The Ravens have 110% faith in their QB...the Chargers have no faith in their QB. And that's how Baltimore won. You all think OUR playcalling is lame? Holy crap...San Diego's offense is as exciting as watching that NASA channel on TV where they just show the moon for eight hours.

And, in the 4th quarter, when it mattered most, the Ravens execution was better than the Chargers.

The botched field goal mid-way through the 4th quarter was a killer for San Diego. They just made too many dumb mistakes. And they're supposed to be a good football team? I don't see it. Or at least, I didn't see it today.

The best thing about the game today? They can't take it away. The Ravens are 4-0.

Bart Scott was a monster again. How freaking good is he?

The good- Mike Carry didnt flag anyone for "malice in their hearts".
    Anyone else surprised they sent this guy into Baltimore?
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

This week, it came down to the fact that the Chargers have ZERO faith in their QB to do anything except hand the ball off. What planet is Marty on, anyway?
    I couldn't get that either. Especially since in all honesty Rivers was near perfect on that opening drive. He only took one sack the entire game, and that was the final play of the game. Marty should have just let Rivers take a knee the entire second half and been done with it.

As far as the shovel pass, the announcers said they should have run Jamal.
    You can't run Jamal when Jamal can't run. 2.7 YPC doesn't inspire a TD run. I have no problem with the shovel pass. I have a problem with Wilcox dropping the ball.

Good: 1st Place in the AFC North

Bad: Our offense inspires as much fear as Lake Clifton's Junior Varsity squad

Of course the Ravens have more confidence in McNair, he's a 13 year vet Rivers to all intents and purposes is a rookie. Geesh..
    I wish someone could explain why all of a sudden this team can't run the ball worth crap.
    On a side note, I think it's time Heap puts the Boller bashing to bed. Every week he's running his mouth about how great it is to have a great quarterback. The reality is, at some point this season Heap may have to play with Boller again so continually pounding on him isn't helpful. He made his point, he doesn't like Boller but as of now Boller is the second string guy so he should just shut his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by df1570 View Post
    The Ravens didn't deserve to win.

But every year when a team goes 11-5, 12-4 or 13-3, they win games they don't "deserve to win". That's how you get to be 12-4. You win two or three "by accident". If you lose those games, you're 9-7. The Ravens have been very fortunate to have played against two of the league's coaching nitwits on successive weeks.

Last week, Crennel handed them the game with that dumb ass decision to throw the ball with 3:21 left in the game.

This week, it came down to the fact that the Chargers have ZERO faith in their QB to do anything except hand the ball off. What planet is Marty on, anyway? The Ravens have 110% faith in their QB...the Chargers have no faith in their QB. And that's how Baltimore won. You all think OUR playcalling is lame? Holy crap...San Diego's offense is as exciting as watching that NASA channel on TV where they just show the moon for eight hours.

And, in the 4th quarter, when it mattered most, the Ravens execution was better than the Chargers.

The botched field goal mid-way through the 4th quarter was a killer for San Diego. They just made too many dumb mistakes. And they're supposed to be a good football team? I don't see it. Or at least, I didn't see it today.

The best thing about the game today? They can't take it away. The Ravens are 4-0.

Bart Scott was a monster again. How freaking good is he?
    Excellent post. I perfect example of this was the 2005 Steelers. Did they "deserve" to win that postseason game against the Bengals when they knocked out Palmer? Did they "deserve" to win the AFC Championship game when Bettis fumbled the ball and Big Jen was lucky enough to make the game saving tackle? Not to mention, the missed FG by Vanderjack. Some could argue that the Steelers did not deserve their Championship, but why waste time with that? All that matters is the W.

In the postseason, we will have to win games like this when trench play and strong defensive play are most important. Speaking of that, I am concerned that while our OL is good enough to win us these regular season games, I am not as optimistic about how they'd do in the postseason.

Oh well....4-0 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's a new season! It's a new day!