Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The Good And The Bad (Week 4)

The Good:

1. We are 4-0 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Steve McNair is Mr. Clutch!

3. I haven't had a heart attack with these past two wins.

4. Our defense. While the Chargers were very good on defense, we showed that WE are the number 1 defense in football. Despite being on the field for a long time, our defense created opportunities for us to go ahead in this game.

5. Todd Heap. Made several key catches for us including the game winning TD.

6. Sam Koch. Thus far, he is the Ravens Rookie of the Year. Not only did he have a great day punting, but did you guys see that hit on the Punt Returner? Could that make the Jacked Up reel this week?

The Bad:

1. Our OL. Those guys are going to hurt us if/when we make it to the playoffs. We won't get chances to come back like this each week, but those guys must give McNair a chance to make throws. This issue of the center stepping on the QB's feet must be addressed. We all owe Boller an apology. This coming offseason should be dedicated (in addition to re-signing AD) to the OL. I would set a precedent in drafting OL in every round. (Okay, maybe not).

2. Our offense as a whole must get on the same page. We left 14 points on the field; Mason's wide open miss and that field goal fumble by Wilcox. By the way, why in the heck were we doing something else besides running when we were at the goal line? We should have been driving Jamal until we got in.

3. Our running game. Where is it? Maybe Jamal would answer, "Ask the OL."

All in all, we are 4-0, and we beat a very good football team. It was not luck. Our defense and special teams outplayed their defense and special teams. Despite our sputtering offense which is still trying to gel, we are a very good football team.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: The Good And The Bad (Week 4)

We are 4-0 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thats all that matters, I don't care if they win every game extremely ugly.

As long as they win, who gives a shit.

No Doubt, we beat a good team today, Great Defense and Good Offense.

What a win! It was ugly as hell just like last week, but 4-0 is 4-0!!!

And Bart Scott is becoming one of my new favorite Ravens.

It is so sad to see how this offensive line holds this offense back.We are so limited in what we do it is ridiculous,and if we dont go in shotgun it is impossible for Mcnair to set up a throw.

The holes arent there for Jamal,McNair has pressure around him constantly and the penalties are from our guys just not being good enough to block the opponents.But..................

WE ARE 4-0 BABY!!!! And we are finding a way to win when we dont have our best stuff and that is what it is all about!!!!!!

I hope we remain the worst undefeated team in the NFL for a long, long, long, long, long, long time. In fact, I wouldn't mind if the Ravens played like this for the rest of my entire life.

But on a more serious note, those issues you mentioned are all true. You gotta think at some point, McNair Magic will wear off in the 4th quarter. Right?

Also add to "The Good:" We have 3/4ths of the season to figure out how to run and protect the passer.

PurpleRulz,

Every week, the offense leaves me scratching my head. Last week, it was the reverse on our own 20s with 2 mins remaining. This week, it was the shovel pass at the 2. Totally unacceptable!

That being said, I Think this team should take a good look at itself during the final minutes of the past few games and ask themselves which plan works best.

As for the offensive line, it's... well.... OFFENSIVE... especially Mike Flynn.

At the beginning of the game, the Chargers knew we were gonna stack the line against LT. So what did they do? Throw quick outs, and they were successful. That's what I think we should do, just to get the defense off our running game.

Is that asking too much of Billick?

You gotta think at some point, McNair Magic will wear off in the 4th quarter. Right?
    But you know what? At 4-0 we've got a little bit of buffer room for that to happen and figure out how to get Flynn out of the center spot.

Lost in this: still no 100yd rusher. Tomlinson capped at 98 yds. Icing, I guess :)

9. Re: The Good And The Bad (Week 4)

The shovel pass to Wilcox was a good call, the Chargers just made the play. We have seen it work multiple times....I guess I would of like seeing Heap with it but Wilcox normally hangs on to it.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

The good this pic.

Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Beautiful. Heap is a MAN. He won't be denied with the game on the line.

I actually thought the shovel pass was a good, inventive call, they just didn't execute it. The end result of the play made me want to throw something through my neighbor's TV, but the call wasn't bad. It sure beats the constant Jamal-up-the-middle on practically very first down.

I don't understand why McNair didn't throw to Heap more often. Were they keeping him in to block, or was there some other reason? He's one of the best TEs in the league, so let's throw to him!

Great comeback against what seems to be a really good team -- I was impressed with San Diego. They thoroughly outplayed us in the first half.