Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Joe Flacco Earns 60th Career Win: Most All Time In First Five Years of a QB's Career!

Brady sits hit 1st season because he's a low round and high risk prospect and his team has a former 1st overall pick in the draft at the position. It's impossible for him to do the same thing in his 1st 5 years in the league. In the 1st 5 years that he played he wins 54 regular season games and 10 playoff games for 64 total games. 3 of those wins a Super Bowl victories.

But, we'll all cheer Joe because Brady doesn't count based on how this feel good stat is counted. When you are looking are the real elite players you don't have to justify their greatness with bullshit stats slanted to make them look good. Joe Flacco is a good QB but winning this many games in that time frame does not put him up there with the greats. Go bring this up to a Pats, Steelers or Giants fan as a reason why Joe belongs with their QBs and prepare to get laughed out of the building.

Re: Joe Flacco Earns 60th Career Win: Most All Time In First Five Years of a QB's Career!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    But, we'll all cheer Joe because Brady doesn't count based on how this feel good stat is counted. When you are looking are the real elite players you don't have to justify their greatness with bullshit stats slanted to make them look good. Joe Flacco is a good QB but winning this many games in that time frame does not put him up there with the greats. Go bring this up to a Pats, Steelers or Giants fan as a reason why Joe belongs with their QBs and prepare to get laughed out of the building.
    The only thing the OP did is state a fact: Flacco has won more regular season games than any other QB. I don't see anything about claiming greatness, "eliteness", or that this somehow equates to the multiple championships won by Roethlisberger, Manning (the one that makes completions off of helmets, not the one that has as many rings as Trent Dilfer) and Brady.

Sheesh...sometimes it seems like the urge to prop up Flacco on this board is sometimes only matched by the competing urge to tear his accomplishments down.

I am not sure how winning games is a "bullshit" stat. Beats the alternative...(and lord knows we've seen the alternative). Credit where credit is due.

Blog Entries

Brady sits hit 1st season because he's a low round and high risk prospect and his team has a former 1st overall pick in the draft at the position. It's impossible for him to do the same thing in his 1st 5 years in the league. In the 1st 5 years that he played he wins 54 regular season games and 10 playoff games for 64 total games. 3 of those wins a Super Bowl victories.
    Brady didn't do what he needed to do to oust Bledsoe from the starting spot. Any coach, but especially Bellicheat, isn't going to sit a better player simply because of draft position.

In a lot of ways, Brady was more impressive to me during those dynasty years than in '07 (or since). He spread the ball around, often to ten or eleven different receivers, and the Patriots simply had a knack for winning ballgames. They'd win shootouts 37-34. They'd win slugfests 13-10.

I cheer him, yes. He's the QB on my team. I don't think this stat makes him elite, but given that QB's get credited with wins and losses as if they were pitchers in baseball, it's an accomplishment of sorts that does speak well to his time under center. It does show, I think, that he's a good quarterback. It also shows that Harbaugh is a good head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I understand this sentiment to a certain degree, but in order to get to the SB you have to win enough games. Flacco has proven to - at the very least - be a contributing factor to 60 wins. That shouldn't be undervalued at all.
    I get that. I really do. I just don't want to be a part of a "Donovan McNabb/2000's SD/1990's BUF" type of a situation 4-5 years from now. I have a huge family and friends footprint in Philly, so I know that kind of misery well.

Blog Entries

Why does Brady's name even have to be entered into the conversation?

Again, comparing Joe to ANY other QB (past or present) is futile IMO. It just doesn't make sense. There are so many other impacting factors to the level at which a QB is able to play...and that includes his supporting cast...i.e. the rest of the team.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I get that. I really do. I just don't want to be a part of a "Donovan McNabb/2000's SD/1990's BUF" type of a situation 4-5 years from now. I have a huge family and friends footprint in Philly, so I know that kind of misery well.
    I absolutely understand those sentiments.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Once again someone brings up a positive stat about Flacco, and the bashers run in to discredit Flacco. It's ridiculous.

Jeez ... this negativity. Another factoid is brought forward by the about our team's leader is brought forward only to be nit-picked and shit on by some.
    Joe is something special. He is the best QB that we have seen in Baltimore since the healthy Bert Jones of 1975-1977.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Damn near impossible to say anything positive about Joe
    Last edited by Justlovemybirds; 01-08-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Brady didn't do what he needed to do to oust Bledsoe from the starting spot.
    Well, neither did Joe either. He started his rookie season by default.

Not a slam on Joe. Just making a small correction.

11. Re: Joe Flacco Earns 60th Career Win: Most All Time In First Five Years of a QB's Career!

Brady had Charlie Weis.
    Flacco had Cam Cameron.

That alone gives Brady a huge advantage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Brady had Charlie Weis.
    Flacco had Cam Cameron.

That alone gives Brady a huge advantage.
    Yeah because Weis has shown to be such a genius

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!