Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: "Eligible Receiver" and Other Sights from The Vault (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Yes they spoke and no it wasn't a quick hug. Thats what surprised me. Probably lasted 10 seconds. There's audio of their exchange somewhere on the internet. Could be on baltimoreravens.com actually.
    NFL.com had it ....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ired-for-sound

Re: "Eligible Receiver" and Other Sights from The Vault

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    And another thing...as his time to come out came, through the smoke, there he was on his knees, bent over and it looked to me he was definitely praying. My guess he was giving thanks to everything, everyone, and his maker for the incredible ride his life has been on. In a world full of primadonnas and self centered individuals, he was expressing his humility.
    It is one thing to talk the talk, it is another to walk it. That he has become larger than life, he showed he was human. There has never been a player like him and there might never be again. He is unique and we are most fortunate to call him our own. I lost it right then and I won't forget that moment.
    Got to agree with this one. Ray has always been thankfull to God. In one of his first interviews after the game he kept saying " Halleluja! God is amazing!" He was very gratefull to our Maker, the fans and the city of Baltimore.

The Fans showed their appreciation too. There were signs saying "Thank You Ray" and "We Love Ray" all over the place. I saw one that proclaimed "I was at your 1st Game Ray!" Near the end of the game, some Fans in the nosebleeds in the West EZ unfurled a banner about a dozen seats wide thanking Mr. Lewis.

The "Thank You You Ray" chants turned to "We want Ray!" and right about that time is when he took his place in the Offense set on the last play of the game. Many a full grown man had a tear in his eye on that one i assure you.

Usually the joint empties out pretty quickly, but. I'd say between 1/3 and half the stadium remained to watch Ray do his Victory lap. Nobody wanted to go home.

Storybook ending - but it ain't over yet!!!
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    The Fans showed their appreciation too. There were signs saying "Thank You Ray" and "We Love Ray" all over the place. I saw one that proclaimed "I was at your 1st Game Ray!" Near the end of the game, some Fans in the nosebleeds in the West EZ unfurled a banner about a dozen seats wide thanking Mr. Lewis.
    IMO, the best sign was in the West end zone. It read ...

"52 Shades of Ray"

Blog Entries

Best part for me, was meeting HR. Forget the game, that was the shit! ;)

Seriously though, my favorite part had to be when Ray slipped through the line to tackle Ballard for a loss, I looked at my brother and said "he's still got it"

And towards the end of the game with about two minutes left when Ray acknowledge the crowd and we cheered for a few minutes, I almost teared up.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Best part for me, was meeting HR. Forget the game, that was the shit! ;)

Seriously though, my favorite part had to be when Ray slipped through the line to tackle Ballard for a loss, I looked at my brother and said "he's still got it"

And towards the end of the game with about two minutes left when Ray acknowledge the crowd and we cheered for a few minutes, I almost teared up.
    LOL ... thanks.

I give you the props. You drank the GM without hesitation!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    LOL ... thanks.

I give you the props. You drank the GM without hesitation!
    1st and 2nd sip were a little bit harsh, but after that, it was smooth!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I found it strange how Roger Goodell kind of sought out Ray Lewis and gave him a 10 second hug. Didn't see that coming.
    what I thought was a little strange was Ray was giving everyone a hug at that point but right after Ray hugged Goodell Steve Biscotti was standing right there and Ray just gave him a tap on the shoulder and went on to hug the next person. No im probably reading to much into this but maybe just maybe there is some tention there and there is more to this retirement then we know. Maybe Ray is being forced out and doesnt like it but is going with it because he has no real choice. Hope Im wrong

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    what I thought was a little strange was Ray was giving everyone a hug at that point but right after Ray hugged Goodell Steve Biscotti was standing right there and Ray just gave him a tap on the shoulder and went on to hug the next person. No im probably reading to much into this but maybe just maybe there is some tention there and there is more to this retirement then we know. Maybe Ray is being forced out and doesnt like it but is going with it because he has no real choice. Hope Im wrong
    I think you're reading too much into it.

Ray missed 4 games last year and like 10 this year. I'm pretty sure (in addition to wanting to be a father) he realizes his body isn't likely to make it another full season at 38.

Here are my favorite two photos from Ray's last dance at the Vault, taken from Section 524.

Would not leave my seat until Ray had left the field.

ravens_130106_D_edited_thumb.jpg

ravens_130106_F_edited_thumb.jpg

Okay who is with me on this.. After the opening dance and the little video montage they ran very early in the game, did it not seem like they totally forgot about Ray until late in the 4th quarter?

Me and my seatmates were all thinking the same thing.. Man, the Ravens missed the boat here.. then, just like clockwork the last 5 minutes of the game and the postgame lap made up for anything they missed in the middle!

Blog Entries

I was there, prob the most incredible time for me in sports history, and I was at Cals 2131 game.

That last 2 minutes when Ray acknowledged the crowd and they kept his face on the jumbotron there was people crying everywhere, grown men just tears streaming down their face. I even choked up for a sec not gonna lie, as it seemed to hit everyone that this was the last time we'd see him in a Ravens uniform.

We we're begging in our section and yelling at the bench to let Ray do the kneeldowns. Pull Flacco and let Ray do them. You heard the chants everywhere "put in ray" "we love ray" Ray ray ray" It was unreal.

Than when he did his victory lap it was incredible. Only thing I'll point out is SHAME on the NFL crew VULTURES following him th whole time and not letting him even get close to th stands. The camera clowns and picture jerkoffs had him surrounded 4 and 5 deep. Looked like he was running with a sea of brown NFL Media turds. One guy even snapped a pic with his camera 6 inches from Ray's face. Like WTF really? You vultures just ruined one of the greatest moments in sports, but of course thats what the NFL does.

Oh and yes Greedell was there, matter of fact walked right past me and my section in the pregame. Don't worry he got an earfull. he got boo'd hardily,m and yelled at to stop fining Reed, and stop pussying up football and a whole slew of other things. Think his mother was called unspeakable names even lol.

Blog Entries

Reggie Wayne on Ray Lewis's dance at conclusion of Sunday's game: " I saw it as disrespectful. They'd already had a tribute every quarter"