Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: "Eligible Receiver" and Other Sights from The Vault

Someone mentioned the bullshit chat. Not to go off topic or anything but it was the right call, the rule is crap, but he hit his head. Was a bit disappointed in that.

At least the first time it had merit.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Someone mentioned the bullshit chat. Not to go off topic or anything but it was the right call, the rule is crap, but he hit his head. Was a bit disappointed in that.

At least the first time it had merit.
    It was still fucking hilarious to hear it on TV though!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    My wife pointed out another cool thing.

When Ed Reed was announced during intros, he didn't do his normal routine. Instead, he did the "ssshhhh" and pointed back towards Ray. Very classy.
    I was thinking about that when he did it. The fact is, that may have been his last time out of that tunnel in a Ravens uniform as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    I was thinking about that when he did it. The fact is, that may have been his last time out of that tunnel in a Ravens uniform as well.
    I think it probably was. Given his own stature, that makes what he did even more special.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Ravens Fan Roll Call - Your View from the stands

In a venue that is widely considered to have one of, if not THE best Gameday experiences in the entire league, yesterday's historic Rayvens game was truly one of the greatest sporting events my humble ass has ever had the distinct privelage to attend.

So I gotta ask ya'll to FAN UP ;) and answer the following:

1. Who all was there at the Vault?

2. How'd ja feel? :D

3. What'd ya see? (Fan actions & reactions in the stands as well as the play on the field)

4. If u wuz home or at your fav drinking emporium, How'd you celebrate?!!

What a great day in Baltimore Football History!!!

Tell us how you feel about it.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

There was another moment.
    After the team had warmed up and Ray had given his pregame speech followed by their chant...
    The team left the field, but Ray's family was gathered in the endzone behind the goalposts and he walked over to them. His entire family was around him and he was in the middle and they put it up on the big screens and you could see he was crying and trying to talk to them and saw how difficult and how moving the moment was.

And another thing...as his time to come out came, through the smoke, there he was on his knees, bent over and it looked to me he was definitely praying. My guess he was giving thanks to everything, everyone, and his maker for the incredible ride his life has been on. In a world full of primadonnas and self centered individuals, he was expressing his humility.
    It is one thing to talk the talk, it is another to walk it. That he has become larger than life, he showed he was human. There has never been a player like him and there might never be again. He is unique and we are most fortunate to call him our own. I lost it right then and I won't forget that moment.

Re: "Eligible Receiver" and Other Sights from The Vault (Merged)

Missed the Commish. When was he there?
    It was right after warmups concluded. Ray was walking back to the Ravens lockeroom and Goodell intercepted him where the field meets the sidelines:)

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    It was right after warmups concluded. Ray was walking back to the Ravens lockeroom and Goodell intercepted him where the field meets the sidelines:)
    Wish I caught that.

Was it a quick hug? Did they speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    There was another moment.
    After the team had warmed up and Ray had given his pregame speech followed by their chant...
    The team left the field, but Ray's family was gathered in the endzone behind the goalposts and he walked over to them. His entire family was around him and he was in the middle and they put it up on the big screens and you could see he was crying and trying to talk to them and saw how difficult and how moving the moment was.

And another thing...as his time to come out came, through the smoke, there he was on his knees, bent over and it looked to me he was definitely praying. My guess he was giving thanks to everything, everyone, and his maker for the incredible ride his life has been on. In a world full of primadonnas and self center individuals, he was expressing his humility.
    It is one thing to talk the talk, it is another to walk it. That he has become larger than life, he showed he was human. There has never been a player like him and there might never be again. He is unique and we are most fortunate to call him our own. I lost it right then and I won't forget that moment.
    The family time was moving as well. Could definately see the tears coming down

Wish I caught that.

Was it a quick hug? Did they speak?
    Yes they spoke and no it wasn't a quick hug. Thats what surprised me. Probably lasted 10 seconds. There's audio of their exchange somewhere on the internet. Could be on baltimoreravens.com actually.

My wife pointed out another cool thing.

When Ed Reed was announced during intros, he didn't do his normal routine. Instead, he did the "ssshhhh" and pointed back towards Ray. Very classy.
    Completely forgot about that part. That was definately cool.

Quote Originally Posted by batman55 View Post
    it was def surreal..... The intro was amazing!!!! Probably some of the coolest pics I took today from the intro:

ATTACH]1273[/ATTACH]

Probably my fav... Ayenbadejo takin vid...and sizzle copyin him...

Attachment 1274
    Didn't even notice Ayenbadejo taking video. That's funny. I thought players were not allowed to take electronic equipment with them on the field.