Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Andrew Luck

Blog Entries

Re: Andrew Luck

To go from 1st overall pick last year to a playoff team this year is a big accomplishment. I was impressed with Luck yesterday. He has a big time arm, and he can move. Plus, you could tell the game wasn't too big for him. He will be a good quarterback.

Blog Entries

The reason they made the playoffs was due to two things: luck (small L) and Luck (big L)
    Add to that a very soft schedule.

I think Luck compares favorably with big Jen
    Whoa. He needs to get the rings first.

He will be a good quarterback.
    That I can't disagree with. My question is whether he will be an elite QB in this league, especially playing for that dubious owner and organization. (in other words, will he be as good as Manning was?)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post

That I can't disagree with. My question is whether he will be an elite QB in this league, especially playing for that dubious owner and organization. (in other words, will he be as good as Manning was?)
    I think it's premature for people to label him as a future elite QB. It will be tougher for him next year when defensive coordinators have a years worth of tape to study. Plus, he will have higher expectations after making the playoffs in his rookie year. He definitely has all the tools you look for in a QB. He just needs to keep improving his game.

Luck had a few dropped passes on him, sure, but I think he had about 3 dropped interceptions as well (and a couple more could'a-beens but I wouldn't call them a "drop" as that indicates that it really should have been caught, not just that it might'a could'a been, you know?). If his receivers caught their drops and our defenders caught their drops, I think he would have wound up actually looking even worse on the day.

His fourth quarter comeback attempt went pitifully: 9 / 22, 79 Yards, 0 TD, 1 INT --> 32.2 QB Rating

Blog Entries

It's amazing that Flacco was the only QB playing yesterday that is NOT a rookie. And Wilson (3rd round pick) is the only rookie that advanced

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Whoa. He needs to get the rings first.
    Please read my full comment next time. :grbac:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's amazing that Flacco was the only QB playing yesterday that is NOT a rookie. And Wilson (3rd round pick) is the only rookie that advanced
    I think this is going to continue to be a common trend too.

“Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

9. Re: Andrew Luck

...Next year and beyond, the bar will be raised; a WC playoff spot and one and done will not be considered acceptable. ...

If it was PM on the field this year, Indianapolis would probably be a high seed and an odds-on favorite to win the SB. I can't deny I will find it funny if this trade blows up in their faces.
    I disagree. Indy will probably regress a bit next year in terms of wins and losses, because they will be playing a tougher schedule, and their team is still not talented, and there will be more film on Luck.

However, I think Indy is not necessarily better this year if they bring back Manning. For one thing, Indy's O-line sucks. Luck is much more able to make things happen with pressure and having to scramble around. If Manning got hit as many times as Luck did this year, he might be on Injured Reserve instead of 13-3.

Blog Entries

Cam Newton, Josh Freeman and Matthew Stafford have all failed to repeat success, once the pressure of expectation has been placed upon them and their team.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore